Options

2016 Pearl Jam Tour Announcement

Comments

• Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    So stoked. Got GA for New York. Flying in from Alaska!! I can finally have a sign that they will see that tells them they need to come to Alaska for once!
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360

GA for Raleigh was first choice :). Friend had Raleigh reserved first choice, GA second choice. Odds as of this morning were 99% reserved, 33% for GA. Somehow she ended up with GA. Not complaining but very confused!!!

They want to make sure that their allotment for GA is sold - as ticketmaster will not be selling that section. So even though your friend had the priority for reserved, the 10c still needed to sell more GA for Raleigh after 1st priority was accounted for.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    Habit rivalHabit rival Woodhaven Michigan Posts: 11
    edited January 2016
    So I notice if you go on ticketmaster and look at the Kentucky show it is the only one titled "An evening with pearl jam". All the rest just say pearl jam. Also the seat map is interesting they are only using half the stadium!! See ya at Rupp arena!! This show is gonna be a good one I can feel it!!! Show number 30 for me!!!
    Post edited by Habit rival on
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,304
    I have one extra GA for Phily 1. Looking to trade only for GA Phily 2. Thanks...
  • Options
    tB70400tB70400 Indianapolis Posts: 2
    the waiting drove me MAD!!!!! I'm in for Lexington KY on my birthday!!!!
  • Options
    Inside_Job_INInside_Job_IN Indiana Posts: 41
    BV84003 said:

GA for Raleigh was first choice :). Friend had Raleigh reserved first choice, GA second choice. Odds as of this morning were 99% reserved, 33% for GA. Somehow she ended up with GA. Not complaining but very confused!!!

They want to make sure that their allotment for GA is sold - as ticketmaster will not be selling that section. So even though your friend had the priority for reserved, the 10c still needed to sell more GA for Raleigh after 1st priority was accounted for.
    That does make sense. Thanks
    Cincy-2006
    Chicago-2009
    Philly (Spectrum 3)-2009
    Philly (Spectrum 4)-2009
    St. Louis-2010
    Columbus, OH-2010
    Indy, IN-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincy-2014
    St. Louis-2014
    Raleigh, NC-2016 (Cancelled)
    New Orleans Jazz Fest-2016
    Wrigley II-2016
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998

So I notice if you go on ticketmaster and look at the Kentucky show it is the only one titled "An evening with pearl jam". All the rest just say pearl jam. Also the seat map is interesting they are only using half the stadium!! See ya at Rupp arena!! This show is gonna be a good one I can feel it!!! Show number 30 for me!!!

I think you might be right after looking at that seating chart. Looks like this year's Moline.

7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    Habit rivalHabit rival Woodhaven Michigan Posts: 11
    jonsey30 said:

I think you might be right after looking at that seating chart. Looks like this year's Moline.

I sure hope so. Are you hitting the Kentucky show???
  • Options
    djaylefdjaylef Posts: 3
    edited January 2016
    djaylef said:

My entries ... still waiting

1st choice Ottawa, GA Standing (28% odds)
    2nd choice Quebec, GA Standing (44% odds)
    3rd choice Quebec, Reserved Seating (84% odds)
    4th choice Ottawa, Reserved Seating (56% odds)

Just got confirmation ... scored my 1st and 3rd choice !!! I changed my choices based on the latest odds % around noon today (ET). I'm pretty excited :) Based on my tenclub seniority (283XXX) + Quebec's seating availability, i guess my seats will be among the bests !
    Post edited by djaylef on
  • Options
    KVD51KVD51 Posts: 29
    Been a 10c member since I don't know when and this is the first time I was completely shut out - of four shows! I live in NYC...MSG odds were slim, but it just doesn't seem right. Time to find a way! Dear universe, please bring the gift of a 10c ticket!! Please message me if you somehow have an extra MSG ticket.
  • Options
    vonlupvonlup Indy Posts: 75
    jonsey30 said:

I'm a newbie. Moline? Epic show??
  • Options
    First time attempting to get tickets through 10C. Lost for GA and Res in Toronto, and lost GA in QC but won RES. Totally underestimated the hype of pre-sale, but happy to see PJ is still going strong!

07/09/13 - London, Ont, Canada
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
  • Options

I sure hope so. Are you hitting the Kentucky show???

Nope, only Toronto for me, unless they somehow find their way back to Michigan this year.
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    edited January 2016
    vonlup said:

jonsey30 said:

It was a very small venue, and one of the highlight shows of 2014. They played all of No Code in order. Lot of great shows on that tour!
    Post edited by jonsey30 on
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    vonlupvonlup Indy Posts: 75
    jonsey30 said:

vonlup said:

jonsey30 said:

It was a very small venue, and one of the highlight shows of 2014. They played all of No Code in order. Lot of great shows on that tour!
    So, for my first show, it may be the most special, for more than one reason. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 502
    KVD51 said:

Been a 10c member since I don't know when and this is the first time I was completely shut out - of four shows! I live in NYC...MSG odds were slim, but it just doesn't seem right. Time to find a way! Dear universe, please bring the gift of a 10c ticket!! Please message me if you somehow have an extra MSG ticket.

What we're your 4 shows.
  • Options
    Dellis3290Dellis3290 Charlotte, NC Posts: 64
    Condolences to those who did not get tickets through 10C and best of luck to you all getting great seats some other way.

Quick question, will someone explain in as much detail as they're willing how GA tickets work? Is it some kind of line to get in or is it like doors opening at Best Buy on Black Friday with a huge rush??? I was fortunate enough to get GA for Raleigh and Columbia!

Charlotte 2013
    Raleigh 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Chicago #1 2016
    Chicago #2 2016
    Seattle #1 2018
    Seattle #2 2018

• Options
    Inside_Job_INInside_Job_IN Indiana Posts: 41
    I did GA in Cincy in 2014. When you pick up your tickets a wristband is included that you must wear to get on the floor along with your ticket. Then there was a specific line for GA that started forming early. Then the doors opened and you were lead to the floor. No rush and very orderly. I did not try ringer up to the front but was probably only 10 rows back from the stage. It was great and all the 10c members were great to be around. You do have to stand through throughout so be prepared. It was an awesome experience and an amazing show.

You will get an email about a week before the show that explains when and where to pick up the tickets at the venue and where the GA line will be.
    Cincy-2006
    Chicago-2009
    Philly (Spectrum 3)-2009
    Philly (Spectrum 4)-2009
    St. Louis-2010
    Columbus, OH-2010
    Indy, IN-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincy-2014
    St. Louis-2014
    Raleigh, NC-2016 (Cancelled)
    New Orleans Jazz Fest-2016
    Wrigley II-2016
  • Options
    VaritekVaritek California Posts: 8
    I wouldn't worry about a stampede but if you want to be on the rail you would need to get in line fairly early. Otherwise, your spot on the floor will be related to when you decide to get in line yourself. I'm hoping a second string of dates after all the ticket on sales come and go for round 1. Seems unlikely they would skip the West coast. Maybe Outside Lands or some other festival announcements are yet to come...
  • Options
    Got Hampton and Raleigh reserved.
  • Options
    Dellis3290Dellis3290 Charlotte, NC Posts: 64

I did GA in Cincy in 2014. When you pick up your tickets a wristband is included that you must wear to get on the floor along with your ticket. Then there was a specific line for GA that started forming early. Then the doors opened and you were lead to the floor. No rush and very orderly. I did not try ringer up to the front but was probably only 10 rows back from the stage. It was great and all the 10c members were great to be around. You do have to stand through throughout so be prepared. It was an awesome experience and an amazing show.

You will get an email about a week before the show that explains when and where to pick up the tickets at the venue and where the GA line will be.

Awesome, thank you Inside Job In.

Charlotte 2013
    Raleigh 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Chicago #1 2016
    Chicago #2 2016
    Seattle #1 2018
    Seattle #2 2018

• Options
    tB70400tB70400 Indianapolis Posts: 2
    Does anyone know of good places to hang out in Lexington before the show?
  • Options
    KVD51KVD51 Posts: 29
    MK88178 said:

KVD51 said:

What we're your 4 shows.
    Well I actually submitted for five shows: 2 MSG, 2 Philly, 1 Hampton, VA
    Obviously tough odds in NY and Philly, but Hampton?? That trip to see my folks in VA will be sans PJ!

• Options
    DueyDuey Posts: 3
    This is the 2nd tour in a row I got shutout, even picking seats over floor. How many years and dollars I have wasted on this? $20 doesn't buy what it used too. Should have been 2nd show in Toronto. @#@$!%@#. Come on Wrigley...
  • Options
    Got both of my shows... Columbia GA and Greenville RESV! South Carolina with Pearl Jam!
    I really like having the odds available for viewing. It definitely influenced my decision to put Columbia GA as 1st choice (better than 50% which seemed like strong odds) and just go straight to RESV for Greenville (I think GA was 29% or worse by Sunday). And I like having real seats for one show and the pit for the other. I was thinking about going for Raleigh too, but none of my friends would commit. If the Greenville show blows my doors off, I might be back on here looking for any 10Cer's going to that one solo....

I feel the pain of you Northeast guys. Those are impossible tickets to get. On the flipside, demand is a lot lower down South because Pearl Jam basically stopped touring here for, oh, 2003-2013. :/

• Options
    GA for Ottawa! Super pumped, 5th show but first time winning 10c lottery
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760

GA for Ottawa! Super pumped, 5th show but first time winning 10c lottery

Congrats. Same thing with me in Quebec. I can't wait!
  • Options
    GoodbyeForNowGoodbyeForNow Vancouver Posts: 120
    Reserved seats for Quebec and Ottawa!! So excited.

Any travel information/tips would be so appreciated (coming from Vancouver). Thanks!
    Vancouver, GM Place 2005
    Vancouver, GM Place 2009
    Seattle, EV Solo, Benaroya Hall 2011
    Winnipeg, MTS Center, 2011
    Manchester, June 2012
    Phoenix, EV Solo, Comerica Theatre 2012
  • Options
    This sucks. I now haven't scored tickets through the fan club since their 2008 tour. Shut out in 2010, 2011, 2013, and now 2015; each year, i've had to get my tix through the general sale. Can we go back to the index card method, please? :P

The problem with the lottery is that it seems to favor people who have the time and resources to go to numerous shows: sign up for 5-6 shows and you're bound to get into at least a few of them. I don't have the luxury of attending half a dozen PJ shows every tour, so i'm stuck picking one show that's (relatively) local to me and just hoping i get lucky. Well, i haven't gotten lucky in six years now. Why not update the system so that a member can pick as many shows as he/she wants, but can specify how many shows total he/she hopes to attend? If someone wants to go to six consecutive shows, let them try for six pairs of tickets. I'd just like to throw my name into the hat for six shows in hopes of getting tickets to one. As it is, it's getting harder and harder to justify renewing my membership each year when the entire reason i've been a member for the last 17 years is nullified every time another tour is announced and i'm left out.

/rant
  • Options
    Congrats to all who've had a win and commiserations to those on the other side of the fence, hopefully you guys will get a look in with the public release. Fingers crossed.

I'm very happy with GA for FTL and Miami. Flying over from Oz, meeting a mate who's coming in from the UK, we land, 2 days in Florida then fly home. Punishing commute but it'll be worth it!
    TenVsRhys
    1995 - Sydney Mar 10th, Melbourne Mar 18th, Brisbane Mar 21st and 22nd
    1998 - Melbourne Mar 3rd, Brisbane Mar 14th and 15th
    2000 - London May 29th and 30th
    2009 - Sydney Nov 22nd
    2011 - EV Brisbane Mar 12th, Sydney Mar 18th and Mar 19th
    2014 - Gold Coast Jan 19th, EV Sydney Feb 11th, 12th and 13th
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale Apr 8th, Miami Apr 9th
    2017 - EV London Jun 6th and 7th
This discussion has been closed.