Options

Anyone want to shape up in 2018? A continuing journey.......

Comments

• Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    RKCNDY said:

It does not help that I finally feel better (digestive wise) and Mr. RK keeps making horrible things to eat for dinner. I can't just eat something else...he gets offended.

What kind of horrible things? Can you help in the kitchen or are you unable to? Or explain why you want different types of food?
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

RKCNDY said:

It does not help that I finally feel better (digestive wise) and Mr. RK keeps making horrible things to eat for dinner. I can't just eat something else...he gets offended.

What kind of horrible things? Can you help in the kitchen or are you unable to? Or explain why you want different types of food?
    He gets very lazy and I could go for something like tofu and a package of Madras lentils

(these aren't bad, they don't have preservatives or additives or artificial junk)

But if I suggest this, he says no and wants take out, or something like grilled cheese (5 different cheeses, lots of butter). Yes very 'meat ant potatoes' geared. I could eat salad every day.
    It's been a fight about food when I did P90x a few years ago. He joined in with me, but decided he liked food more.
    I can't eat like this, I feel so awful.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    I'll send you a pm.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    My wife's sister married a guy who, along with his 2 brothers and deceased father, doesn't eat any vegetables. Meat, potatoes, pasta, and corn.
    They wear it like a badge of pride and it makes me think so lowly of them lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    omg, my guys is the worst....but I do my best....I slip in salads and he will eat spinach and broccoli but if I let him he would eat cheeseburgers and fries every day.

My cold put me at a "diet" advantage since I haven''t been eating much and when I do it's healthy soups. I want a steak...maybe tomorrow!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Ran today so I could post here. It wasn't great, but I did it.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

yay :clap: you did it!
    You know what I did? nothing...abso nada
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Don't worry about how great it was. Worry about that when you are running all the time. Be pleased you did it. Well done :)
    I go through phases of disliking exercise and I was told set alarm for 5am, with exercise clothes all ready, get up dressed and exercise don't think about it. Then no matter how crazy your day gets you've already exercised and it definitely works for me.
    If I get up later I tend not to get around to exercising.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    rgambs said:

My wife's sister married a guy who, along with his 2 brothers and deceased father, doesn't eat any vegetables. Meat, potatoes, pasta, and corn.

corn isn't a vegetable?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    ldent42 said:

rgambs said:

corn isn't a vegetable?
    :lol:

It's just sugary that's why it's so good and sweet and yummy
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    FoxyRedLa said:

ldent42 said:

rgambs said:

corn isn't a vegetable?
    :lol:

It's just sugary that's why it's so good and sweet and yummy
    as im shoveling corn into my mouth atm, ill have to agree with you on thatone
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I always fall off the bandwagon. I'll get into a daily exercise regime then stop and not get back for months and months. My last 30 minute morning power walk was on Christmas eve.
    I had a big fight at home with my mum and it triggered my depression, I'm feeling better now.
    Hoping to find the motivation to get out and moving again.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options

I always fall off the bandwagon. I'll get into a daily exercise regime then stop and not get back for months and months. My last 30 minute morning power walk was on Christmas eve.
    I had a big fight at home with my mum and it triggered my depression, I'm feeling better now.
    Hoping to find the motivation to get out and moving again.

Walking is great for depression keep an exercise diary and try to walk daily, even if it's only for 20 mins, yout heart, brain and health will thank you :)
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

rgambs said:

corn isn't a vegetable?
    Many people consider it a starch.
  • Options
    I ran today. Minutes of "ok" with moments of greatness. It was an encouraging run.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

I ran today. Minutes of "ok" with moments of greatness. It was an encouraging run.

Well done, I'm glad to hear you were proud of parts of your run, that's so motivating, you are achieving, keep up the running so you can share your details on this thread. :)
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    RK,watch the sodium on those packaged foods.

are any of you ladies putting in any time lifting weights at all ?
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Do children count rr?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    I just did a great shop at Trader Joes! I love that place. Three bags filled with goodness for $50.
    They've been out of that broccoli slaw salad which is a bummer. Its reallllly good.
    I'm trying the steel cut oats tmr morning. I'll top it with some dried cranberries, nuts and maybe a little bit of chopped pear. I'll see if it brings me till lunch. I hate when I'm starving at 10:30 am.

My gym membership just increased since my contract is up. I'm thinking I may try online classes from home. I also have Kettlebell, P90X and Yoga DVDS. I'm down for saving (the now $40) monthly charge and see how it goes.

• Options
    1.5 miles at 6am...Damn, the first couple of runs are a sumbitch!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    rgambs said:

1.5 miles at 6am...Damn, the first couple of runs are a sumbitch!

I hear you! Monday morning runs are "unpleasant." Yuck. At least tomorrow will be Tuesday.
    Post edited by Ms. Haiku on
  • Options
    Down another 2 pounds! yay!
    I tried the steel cut oatmeal today...so far I'm not hungry!
  • Options
    What do you do to prevent pulled muscles in your foot. When it happens my foot curls up in pain. That has happened three times in the past few months. It feels like pulling a leg muscle, but in my foot. Any good exercises so this doesn't happen?
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

What do you do to prevent pulled muscles in your foot. When it happens my foot curls up in pain. That has happened three times in the past few months. It feels like pulling a leg muscle, but in my foot. Any good exercises so this doesn't happen?

Does it go away in a day or two? If so it sounds like it could be plantar fasciitis.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Does it go away in a day or two? If so it sounds like it could be plantar fasciitis.

Usually a half-hour. I sit still for a few minutes and then I massage it. Hurts bad.

I'll look up plantar fasciitis to see what I can do to reduce it.

• Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

Down another 2 pounds! yay!
    I tried the steel cut oatmeal today...so far I'm not hungry!

Well done. I find it I have a 2/3 cup of oats with yoghurt and fruit at about 6:30 am I'm fine until 12ish. Oats keep you fuller for longer compared to most other foods. They are the perfect breakfast. I'll include mango smoothie recipe later today, that includes oats.
  • Options
    I put in a little honey, roasted flax seeds, walnuts and a few pieces of diced up pear. It was really good. I could use some hints on making it creamier, maybe add the yogurt?
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

I put in a little honey, roasted flax seeds, walnuts and a few pieces of diced up pear. It was really good. I could use some hints on making it creamier, maybe add the yogurt?

Yes adding yoghurt or milk will make it creamier. Have a go at using raw seeds and nuts, they retain more nutritients than roasted. And they still taste just as yum, just a little softer. Flax seeds and walnuts are a great combination.
  • Options
    Smoothies are a quick, healthy breakfast. They keep you full for hours.

Mango, passion fruit smoothie: serves 2
    Otherwise you can freeze left overs in small iceblock containers and eat as a dessert.

5.3 ounces frozen mango pieces
    10.1 fl oz unsweetened almond milk ,
    6 tablespoons natural yoghurt
    1 extra-ripe banana
    1.2 ounces oats
    1/2 tablespoon flaxseeds
    1/2 tablespoon sunflower seeds
    2 ripe passion fruit (alternative 1.8 ounces of berries)
    Optional: 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut

Method: throw everything into blender until mixed well.
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Ms. Haiku said:

running sucks. In my experience with training for the past couple of years, once you get to 3 miles everything is fine. That's when you start to get comfortable running.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]