Options

Heineken report - Under this broken roof..there's only rain I feel

Comments

• Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    at least we didnt have to see leenkiiin park again...
    Steph!!!!! I meeeees you! :)

Im home. I was there too. With this great girl and DarkStar and some other crazy ppl. It was a great time, and the stupid storm ruined everything. I cant believe how awful it was. We only realized how bad it was only AFTER the storm. We ducked down to hide from the hail and the bad bad wind. Then we all stood up, singing WWS which they played on the big screen. then it all ended. we were told to get out of thi pit, move from the stage. and im talking, we were THERE: second row from the rail in the pit. So I come out, all my friends are still inside, we dont know whats going on and then all of a sudden a bunch of Linking Park fans runs inside, and OVER the fence to the pit. I almost got run over, but didnt thanks to DarkStar (Liam). Thanks, friend. I seriously didnt know what was going on. thats when we lost everyone else from out group, Doin' The Evolution, Pegasus, 1Ved Hed and Mike.
    Those LP fans started chanting and I saw riot police on stage. then I just said to Liam: lets get outta here NOW!
    When we stepped out of the pit we were in shock. :( TOwers on the ground, all 8 of them, ambulances running to save ppl, we didnt see the injured btw, but I knew there were many. Liam took a video, a very long one, and I got one during the storm and some pics.
    Im just still very sad about this and the ppl who got injured. This wouldve beena great show. esp a great festival show. We were all so happy we got in early, had our little spot in 2nd row Mikes side and knew we were gonna be front row for PJ. And then the storm ruined the whole show and the festival, and unforunately some ppl lives. :( So sad.
    PJ's scenography is also ruined, they didnt use it in Vienna or London.
    I hope everyone who got hurt gets well.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    DarkStar wrote:
    you are so right! the people we were with and the genuine laughter and friendships that were born...more than made up. i was very sad to have to say goodbye the next morning. i miss you all already! and this is how i feel.

Liam
    Awwwww, we missed you in London, Liam. Steph and I thought of you many times during those long 12 hours in line.
    We were front row. :) I got the setlist. Ill tell you all about it.

But things you said above, YES! That is def the best part of this whole Venice experience. :) I loved that and the ppl are just amazing.
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    pro: i got a nice tan
    con: didnt get to see pearl jam
    pro: had an amazing 8 hours waiting with some of the coolest people ever
    pro: didnt have to watch mcr
    pro: didnt hafto watch leenkiin park
    con: didnt get to see pearl jam...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    pro: i got a nice tan
    pro: had an amazing 8 hours waiting with some of the coolest people ever
    pro: didnt have to watch mcr
    pro: didnt hafto watch leenkiin park
    con: didnt get to see pearl jam...
    Youre my favorite, Steph. I totally agree :)

Linking Park, Linking Park!!! :D
  • Options
    Youre my favorite, Steph. I totally agree :)

Linking Park, Linking Park!!! :D
    hahaha i wish vivi brought the sign in to the wembley show!!
    WE LOVE LEENKIIIN PARKK
  • Options
    hahaha i wish vivi brought the sign in to the wembley show!!
    WE LOVE LEENKIIIN PARKK
    Oh man, I forgot about that one. we had to many signs... :o
    Too bad we couldnt use them all. Still, the time spent before the awful storm was pretty amazing. those signs kick butt :D
  • Options
    JemvieJemvie Posts: 10
    I'm just going to say June 15 really sucked for a lot of pearl jam fans and specially for those of us that came from overseas (Mexico myself).
    It was going to be the first time I'd see them in Europe. I was so excited...

It was shocking how the weather got that extreme only within 10 minutes and then back to normal.
    The only good thing I can think out of this whole thing is that hopefully it happened to avoid something much worse, as Tolkien wrote; even the wisest cannot see all ends.

Jemvie
  • Options
    StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    Jemvie wrote:
    I'm just going to say June 15 really sucked for a lot of pearl jam fans and specially for those of us that came from overseas (Mexico myself).

It was shocking how the weather got that extreme only within 10 minutes and then back to normal.
    The only good thing I can think out of this whole thing is that hopefully it happened to avoid something much worse, as Tolkien wrote; even the wisest cannot see all ends.

Jemvie

Are you the one I talked to..less then 30 minutes before the storm? Left side close to the main stage.. We talked about your plans in Europe etc..You were there alone..

We were all very excited but to come all the way from Mexico...damn..
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    Jemvie wrote:

Jemvie
    yeah i agree... esp after i had a terrible time in katawice, and there was like 4 or 5 of us who had great spots staked out 2nd from the barrier (which would have been very front when pj came cause the nice people infront of us offered their spot after MCR would finish)

we were there for 8 hours in the sun having the greatest time of our lives, 2 days earlier we never even knew each other, and we were all geared up for a great show... i think that was one of the hardest parts for me, that it was all lining up so perfectly before that storm hit.
  • Options
    yeah i agree... esp after i had a terrible time in katawice, and there was like 4 or 5 of us who had great spots staked out 2nd from the barrier (which would have been very front when pj came cause the nice people infront of us offered their spot after MCR would finish)

we were there for 8 hours in the sun having the greatest time of our lives, 2 days earlier we never even knew each other, and we were all geared up for a great show... i think that was one of the hardest parts for me, that it was all lining up so perfectly before that storm hit.
    :(
    We'll do it again, buddy. someday, somehow. our plan shall work. :)
    Wembley was amazing, tho, so here ya go ;)

Im still sad about Venice, tho. wouldve been great, i know that.
  • Options
    1Vedhead1Vedhead Posts: 147
    :(
    We'll do it again, buddy. someday, somehow. our plan shall work. :)
    Wembley was amazing, tho, so here ya go ;)

Im still sad about Venice, tho. wouldve been great, i know that.

Totally agree.. But the best thing about the whole trip? Meeting you guys!!
    At least we were all together in Venice - surviving the storm together.
    LA 7/9/06 & 7/10/06
    The Gorge 7/22/06 & 7/23/06
    Antwerp 8/30/06
    Bridge 2 10/22/06
    Honolulu 12/2/06 & 12/9/06
    Munich 6/12/07
    Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, Lollapalooza 8/07, LA (EV) 4/12/08 & 4/13/08, Ouside Lands 09
  • Options
    1Vedhead wrote:
    Yes! :) Some amazing friendships have been born :)
    Oh, guys, i wanna go to more shows with you, NOW! :o
  • Options
    1Vedhead wrote:
    OMFGGGZAAHHH LOORRRII

we totally met again on the heathrow express!
  • Options
    OMFGGGZAAHHH LOORRRII

Ahahaha, awesome :)
  • Options
    OMFGGGZAAHHH LOORRRII

I know!!! I was so happy to see a familiar face!!
    How was your flight home? As we were about to take off, I saw 2 Air Canada planes outside my window... I was waving to you!!
    LA 7/9/06 & 7/10/06
    Antwerp 8/30/06
    Bridge 2 10/22/06
    Munich 6/12/07
    Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, Lollapalooza 8/07, LA (EV) 4/12/08 & 4/13/08, Ouside Lands 09
  • Options
    i ahd to sit beside this guy from pakistan that kept snoring and picking his nose... and impeding my space with his arm... i told him twice to move his arm back to his side of the arm rest and then once i had to actually take my arm and elbow his... and then he borrowed my pen and started picking his nose with the same hand that was holding my pen... so i had to throw out my pen... and i love that pen...
  • Options
    i ahd to sit beside this guy from pakistan that kept snoring and picking his nose... and impeding my space with his arm... i told him twice to move his arm back to his side of the arm rest and then once i had to actually take my arm and elbow his... and then he borrowed my pen and started picking his nose with the same hand that was holding my pen... so i had to throw out my pen... and i love that pen...

LOL
    Too funny..
    I had some snoring guys near me too.. And the girl next to me was doing her makeup practically the whole time..
    Gotta love the long flights..
    LA 7/9/06 & 7/10/06
    Antwerp 8/30/06
    Bridge 2 10/22/06
    Munich 6/12/07
  • Options
    1Vedhead wrote:
    LOL
    Too funny..
    I had some snoring guys near me too.. And the girl next to me was doing her makeup practically the whole time..
    Gotta love the long flights..
    i would have grabbed her arm right when she was applying lipstick and been like 'OHMYGOD. I'M GOING TO BE SICK OMG I HATE FLYING OOMG OMG...'
  • Options
    i would have grabbed her arm right when she was applying lipstick and been like 'OHMYGOD. I'M GOING TO BE SICK OMG I HATE FLYING OOMG OMG...'

LOL -
    As it was, we had turbulance almost the whole way, so I have no idea how she was putting on liquid eyeliner and mascara! I was fascinated by it, actually..
    LA 7/9/06 & 7/10/06
    Antwerp 8/30/06
    Bridge 2 10/22/06
    Munich 6/12/07
  • Options
    1Vedhead wrote:
    LOL -
    As it was, we had turbulance almost the whole way, so I have no idea how she was putting on liquid eyeliner and mascara! I was fascinated by it, actually..
    i applaud her for taking the time to do that... jeez, ive never been able to spend more than 5 minutes on make up!

maybe she was a MCR fan... that must ahve been the worst part about the festival for them... all that time spent on their make up gone down the drain....
  • Options
    i applaud her for taking the time to do that... jeez, ive never been able to spend more than 5 minutes on make up!

maybe she was a MCR fan... that must ahve been the worst part about the festival for them... all that time spent on their make up gone down the drain....

I know! All the eyeliner and eye shadow.. that actually stayed on despite the heat.. All washed away from the rain and hail..
    Even if MCR did play later that night, they all would have had to go home to re-apply all the makeup.
    LA 7/9/06 & 7/10/06
    Antwerp 8/30/06
    Bridge 2 10/22/06
    Munich 6/12/07
  • Options
    1Vedhead wrote:
    I know! All the eyeliner and eye shadow.. that actually stayed on despite the heat.. All washed away from the rain and hail..
    Even if MCR did play later that night, they all would have had to go home to re-apply all the makeup.
    more front row for pearl jam fans...
    provided we didnt hafto go change into dry flannel shirts
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734

i can't express enough how true this is! we were totally having a BLAST entertaining ourselves. the signs! oh the signs..."Tonights Setlist," "Rats," "In Hiding," ViVi's "In My Tree" sign with the up arrow and tree with the little bird "pi, pi, pi-ing" , "Munich --> Katowice --> Venice --> Vienne --> London," there were more too...what did we have, like 10 or 12 signs?

remember...we got lost on the way to find a cab...luckily though for Lori and Mike...cause of the ticket thing (whew!). it was hard that we waited that long...and didn't get to see PJ...but it almost didn't really matter when we were dining my last meal with the CREW...i tried soaking up as much of everyone as i could.

The next day i was thinking...where's my ViVi, my Sid, my Stephanie, my Lori, my Mike, my Pin...okay...there was like 20 of us going around so I won't write out the whole list. It was sad :( to not be with you all again...but brighter days will come...when they tour again and we can meet up! Let's hope it is SOON.

Love you all,
    Liam
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    DarkStar wrote:
    i can't express enough how true this is! we were totally having a BLAST entertaining ourselves. the signs! oh the signs..."Tonights Setlist," "Rats," "In Hiding," ViVi's "In My Tree" sign with the up arrow and tree with the little bird "pi, pi, pi-ing" , "Munich --> Katowice --> Venice --> Vienne --> London," there were more too...what did we have, like 10 or 12 signs?

remember...we got lost on the way to find a cab...luckily though for Lori and Mike...cause of the ticket thing (whew!). it was hard that we waited that long...and didn't get to see PJ...but it almost didn't really matter when we were dining my last meal with the CREW...i tried soaking up as much of everyone as i could.

The next day i was thinking...where's my ViVi, my Sid, my Stephanie, my Lori, my Mike, my Pin...okay...there was like 20 of us going around so I won't write out the whole list. It was sad :( to not be with you all again...but brighter days will come...when they tour again and we can meet up! Let's hope it is SOON.

Love you all,
    Liam

LIAM!!!
    we totally missed you in London...
    And have you seen tonight's setlist in Dusseldorf??! Check it out in Given To Fly and go to "Dusseldorf soundcheck".. Sandra's the lucky one to be there tonight!
    Lori
    LA 7/9/06 & 7/10/06
    Antwerp 8/30/06
    Bridge 2 10/22/06
    Munich 6/12/07
  • Options
    DarkStar wrote:

Love you all,
    Liam
    :o
    Yes, like I said before, and Lori said so now, we missed you. :(

Tonights setlist is just WOW. But still, London was an awesome one. And Munich isnt far from it :)
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    1Vedhead wrote:
    LIAM!!!
    we totally missed you in London...
    And have you seen tonight's setlist in Dusseldorf??! Check it out in Given To Fly and go to "Dusseldorf soundcheck".. Sandra's the lucky one to be there tonight!
    Lori
    you all really missed me? awww. glad to know i was being thought about and missed!

i've been lurking that thread...crazy setlist...Brain of J and In Hiding? Come on now...they're KILLING me.
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    Stereotype wrote:
    I just got home..Am very sad, worried, dissapointed and what not.

This is my experience.
    We arrived at 11am, all very excited. I was worried that I won't make it to the front section, because you needed special wristbands to get there..and they were delivering it at 8 o'clock in the morning. The first guy I asked about it gave me the one that he had extra. I was so lucky I thought to myself. The weather was sunny and hot. We were hiding in few shadows and waiting for concert to start.

3pm weather gets cloudy. Foregroups start playing..some Italian bands..At around 4pm we are absorving really dark sky..But the clouds go by. Only few dark clouds remain..and around I think 4:30, maybe 5pm it starts raining..slowly..not heavily..then it gets heavier so we go under some heineken bar umbrellas - where they serve drinks, many stay in they little Heineken tents, some go under constructions with loudspeakers, many (My Chemical Romance fans) stay in front of the stage. When I was under umbrella the rain was pouring with real force and the wind starts blowing, we were holding the umbrella down but gave up, because the wind made us wet already..Then suddently the umbrellas start to fall I knew we couldn't hold them so I ran towards the plasstic toilets..I wanted to get in..but people were already inside and wouldn't let me in..it was really bad at this point with hail and wind and rain..I couldn't see much..I desperately found a space between two plastic toilets and squeezed inside..(at least there was no wind) and I was totally wet anyway..I saw that someone is already there..with a tiny umbrella..we step up really close..hold the umrella that was dancing in the rain and hold on..I thought to myself..shit that is such strong wind..but at the same time..If PJ were one stage right now I woulnd't leave the area..I was a little afraid but I knew it could't last very long with such power. Also I've noticed that people from stage area all ran like hell in all directions..Then the rain stopped in in seconds it was also warm again. People (mostly Chemical Romance fans) ran back to the stage area..Then I looked to the stage (The toilets that I found shellter in were on the left side of the stage) and it's lowest part was completely leaned to the right, also all of the Plazma screens were missing! Then I look towards the high towers that used to hold the speakers (The festival area is huge) and they were all lying on the flour..also almost all of the tents were all around, trees broken..It was a complete chaos. Some were going back to the stage but the security guards were telling us to go back, way back on the hill...(I think they were afraid that the stage will fall over on us) some girls were crying..also only then I've noticed that ambulance cars are constantly driving in and out of the area. I looked for my friends..some were really lucky...they ran away from the towers just seconds before they collapsed. Nobody told us what is happening and what is the plan. The security guards just pushed us back and screamed something in Italian..As we walked away from all of the constructions we saw that practicly everything was lying on the ground. People were all soaked and also confused. Later mainly dissapointed and sad. The stories were scary. I heard that someone was trapped under some bar-tent, that someone didn't move at all when the ambulance picked him up etc...We then left the area (all of us). Helicopters were over our heads and ambulances still driving out. Some guy at the exit also was shounting that this place is radioactive or something..We were waiting then outside for quite some time..The guards were very confused to and didn't know what to do. After some time they told us that the concerts are canceled and that goes also for the concert for the next day. Apparently most of the equiptment is ruined. The plazmas were found in the water?!
    That's what I can remember right now. It was really the quickest and strongest storm I have ever experienced. First there were reports that some were dead, then 22 injured and none dead, then 15 lightly injured. I don't know. But I know from the stories from others that some tents (with metal construction) collapsed so heavily that they measured only 1dm in hight.
    I hope everyone is alright. It's really a terrible thing..we had nowhere safe to go (on the open), because constructions and tents were everywhere and in the begining nobody expected such strong winds..so the majority when under roofs.

My thoughts are with the injured ones. My heart is with Pearl Jam. I hope that they don't blame themselves in anyway..and hope that they will play again in this area. Some of us had transparents, lots of flags, most of the crowd had PJ t-shirts - and we had no chance to say goodbye (for some of us that was the last show of the tour).I don't know..I am just sad..I wanted to give everything out for them tonight. I don't even care about the money. It's just one concert that could have been great..Ahh..life..

Aha, Nobody from Slovenian crew was missing on the bus.
    Also, I have some photos..but now I'm very tired..

it was a tornado!...I was there! :(
    can you believe that?? fucking finger of god smitted the show! booooo
  • Options
    i dont see the tornado bit... but maybe the mass of striped shirted caked-on-make-up-wearing MCR fans surrounded me blocked out my view of a potential tornado? it was very windy thats for sure.

anyways, i'll never forget everyone down on the ground and WWS starting on the screen and 5 or 6 of us pearl jam fans jumping up and start singing and dancing!!
    GOOD TIMES OL' CHAPS, GOOD TIMES.
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849

so glad you and toto are alright my friend
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    I uploaded a video I managed to take during the storm. its pretty short, but you can see how bad it was...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo1T2k7crUI

What a sad sad that was... :(

Trumansghost, are you the guy from that cover band that was supposed to be at this show only? :( Oscar told me about you coming over. Sorry you guys didnt see them, the weather/nature wasnt on our side that day...