Options

A huge thank you from Europe

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Thanks from us as well. You got us to travel yet again - to Germany this time - and we couldn't have had a better time. Thanks to all you Germans too! We hope to visit again sometime. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    wolfbear wrote:
    Thanks from us as well. You got us to travel yet again - to Germany this time - and we couldn't have had a better time. Thanks to all you Germans too! We hope to visit again sometime. :)
    Which shows did you guys do? Only Munich or more?
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    thank you
    see you next year
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Which shows did you guys do? Only Munich or more?
    Only the one this trip. :( We did get to see quite a bit of Germany though, so it's all good. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    wolfbear wrote:
    Only the one this trip. :( We did get to see quite a bit of Germany though, so it's all good. :)
    Hey, Munich was one helluva gig. I was there, my first show this tour, and I didnt think they could do anything crazier. they did in London and 2 shows after, but Munich was so special. Eddie and the boys were so happy to be there. you could tell :) See you guys around, and on the next tour, im sure. whenever it may be.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    My God it's been 9 months, never dreamed you'd return..
    Hope it's just Goodbye for now...

feel free to comeback as soon as possible ^^
    And Thanks for everything*
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    A big thank you from your fans from Prague, Czech republic. Been tracking you guys since the real begining....

Nothing much left to say. Hope to see you soon again. The best band in the world.

Miss you already.
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    pajopajo Posts: 3,292
    Touring around Europe with PJ is a truly rewarding experience - you visit new places and you meet tons of really special people. And, on top of that, you get to hear over 50 great songs in just three shows! :D

So there's nothing more we can say but THANK YOU and COME BACK soon!
  • Options
    thank you from us in leeds:)

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 540
    Thank You. Thank You very much.

Time can only tell when you will come back to these shores, but please do. We greatly appreciate your presence and the music you give us.

Thanks!
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    'thank you' almost seems too hollow to express my gratitude... I really hope this band know how much they mean to us... I get the feeling they do. Reading some of the Copenhagen reviews sums it up a bit... the word love is mentioned several times and I'm just overflowing with it right now :o

Ooohh... i'm going all fucking soppy now.

And Ed... I'm never speaking to you again after you made me lose any shred of dignity I ever had when you gave me that tambourine :D well ok, I probably will... gimme a call soon, we should catch up ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    potato girlpotato girl Posts: 474
    Thank you for visiting Europe two years in a row and playing so many great concerts with such wonderful setlists... Thank you for the live streaming from Belgium, as it was the only chance for some of us to catch a glimpse of your live performance on this tour... Thank you for bringing PJ fans together and thus creating the best fan community in the world... Thank you for being who you are and we hope to see you back here soon...

Because you know we love you oh-so-much... :)
    Just put a bend in the road, I'm growing tired of straight lines...
  • Options
    ymerejymerej Posts: 70
    Thank you for making my life even better...although I was only on two shows..it doesn't matter, Munich was fucking amaizing, Katowice also. Thank you Mike for the pic, for smile and yeah, for your incredible solos. Thank you Eddie for amaizing voice...especially during No more...And of course, thank you all so much for Footsteps. Can't tell how much it means to me hearing this song...I'm glad you came back in Europe so quick and I'll wait for next tour patiently and I'll never stop dreaming, for you to return.
    Thanks again.
    I just want to scream...
    ...hello!!!
    My god its been six years...
    never dreamed...
    ...you'd return.
  • Options
    parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Big thank you from the Netherlands!!!

WE MISS YOU ALREADY!
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    Deep_DKDeep_DK Posts: 151
    Thanks for coming back to Europe so quick. And especially a big thank you for the show in Copenhagen. We have missed you :)
    It's not a crime to free your mind.
  • Options
    Yes! Thanks PJ for two of the best best best days of my life! Come back soon!!
  • Options
    deserteddotsedeserteddotse Posts: 1,276
    If I keep holding out,... will the light shine through?
    Under this broken roof,... it's only rain that I feel
    I've been waiting out the days,... Come Back.

I have been planning out,... All that I'd say to you
    Since you slipped away,... Know that I still remain true
    I've been wishing out the days,..

Please say, that if you hadn't of gone now
    I wouldn't have lost you another way
    From wherever you are,.... Come Back.

And these days, they linger on
    And I'm the night, as I'm waiting on
    The real possibility I may meet you in my dream
    I go to sleep

If I don't fall apart,.... will the memories stay clear
    So you had to go,......... and I had to remain here

But the strangest thing to date
    So far away
    And yet you feel so close
    And I'm not gonna question it any other way

There must be an open door
    For you to
    Come Back

And the days, they linger on
    And every night, what I'm waiting for
    Is the real possibility I may meet you in my dream

And sometimes you're there
    And you're talking back to me
    Come the morning I could swear you're next to me

And it's okay.

It's okay.
    It's okay.

I'll be here
    Come Back
    Come Back

I'll be here
    Come Back
    Come Back

I'll be here
    Come Back
    Come Back
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    Thanks Pearl Jam... for making my life richer.
  • Options
    in the name of all hungarians attending different shows all around, a massive thank you for the band, crew, and to everyone who made this tour so great!

köszönjük szépen!! :D
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    a big fat thank you from me too, after dublin last year i had resigned myself to the fact that i would not see the boys for another 5 or 6 years and then BAM they come straight back to Europe and I get 2 sweet gigs in under a year.

just please don't leave it so long to come back again :)
    Dublin - August 23rd 2006
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
    Hopefully many more to come...
  • Options
    AndiMAndiM Posts: 102
    I still can't believe the tour is already done again :(. "Thanks for coming - We already miss you": Is there anything left to say for us Europeans?

P.s.: Who needs a full tour '09 ;-)? One show at a medium-sized stadium somewhere in the middle of Europe would make us happy, too ;D.
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Thank you thank you thank you guys!!!
    After 10 years of waiting 7 shows for me in a year was fabulous...Now I can wait approximately 2 years for them to come back :) not more! Go for the South finally!!!;)
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    Big big thanks. I never thought I would get 2 tours in 2 years. It has been amazing! Please come back soon.

We miss you already:)
    http://hexjibber.com
    Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Paris 2006, London 2007, Nijmegen 2007
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    I BrisK I wrote:
    alright dude

now tell me how many times they played each of those songs :)
    Not many times, because they're RARE!
    It's gratifying when a song like Rats pops out and is only played once. It's unpredictable and makes touring around to see multiple shows worthwhile. Bringing a rare song out then playing it loads of times takes away from the magic.

Besides, they haven't played the usual songs that much. The festivals got the usual festival sets, and the non-festival sets missed a load of the hits (albeit sometimes due to curfews etc.). All in all PJ did pretty well at avoiding the hits in my opinion. Most shows got at least one special song (Poland - Leatherman, Dusseldorf - Rats, Copenhagen - Love Boat Captain, Southside - Glorified G etc.).
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    taiztaiz Posts: 7
    The balloons in Nijmegen said enough

Thank you!...
    4.jpg

We miss you allready!...
    3.jpg
    ~Arnhem - 29/08/2006
    ~Nijmegen - 28/06/2007
    ~Werchter - 29/06/2007
    ~Rotterdam - 13/08/2009
    ~Nijmegen - 27/06/2010
  • Options
    Thank you !
    My life in 2007 has been different thanks to you : to see you live twice this year brought light in my life !!

Come back soon, and don't forget FRANCE next time !!!!!!

Only disappointment : why no boots for europe 2007 ??? we miss them !!!!!!
    Still waiting for a gig in Paris (in a venue not a festival) since 2006...
    Spin, spin !!

Marseille + Paris 2006
    London + Werchter 2007
    Arras + Belfast 2010
    Arras 2012
    Paris Lollapalooza 2022
  • Options
    Peter CPeter C Posts: 238
    Many thanks guys,and see you all next year!!
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Thank you so much for coming back.

thanks for the music that heals and sooth and rejoice.
    thanks for the great shows, full of treats like the big 4, or of pure energy like the festivals.
    thanks for the integrity: I was so proud when I saw the 'no front stage during Pearl Jam' sign at Werchter :p (there was a 'VIP' area during the other shows where some people could set themselves right in front of the stage without having to deal with us commoners and our sweat).
    thanks for the generosity outside and during the gigs.
    thanks in particular to Mike for giving a piece of yourself to everyone and making feel so many special.
    thanks Ed for Rats, I'm still grinning stupidly when thinking about it :D
    thanks Matt and Jeff for the boundless energy.
    thanks Stone for smiling, makes us so happy when you do.

but most of all, thanks for the FRIENDS.
    by coming back so soon you've allowed us to consolidate those friendships created last year. we prepared together this time, created an even greater network with the friends of friends from the US and Oz tours, and even met more great people on the road.
    Jason was bang on with his sign in Katowice: '100 shows, 100s friends'..that's what keeps us coming back as much as the quality of the show and the music.
    Linkin Park made us laugh when they said they had the best fans in the world..sooo the wrong crowd to say this in front of.
    you have! the most wonderful and generous and enthusiastic people one could wish to meet.

This made this Tour so much better than last year to me (and that was fucking awesome then), and from what I read around, many others feel the same, either in our multinational groups, or on the Italian, Croatian, Portuguese, French, etc crowds.

When the tour finished last year, I was sad because I wasn't going to see (or so I thought) PJ again for a long time, and a bit for missing the people.
    This time, I know I can always travel and see the band somewhere, but I'm missing the PJ family so much already I can't really bear to think it's over and we're already hard at work on Facebook making plans to meet up in various places of the world :).

so [size=+3]THANK YOU[/size] for coming, and please don't wait too long to come back, even if we'll go to you, and each other, in the meantime.

Band, crew and touring fans, Love you all, miss you all

PS: can we have the boots please? :o
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Now get your asses out to Seoul before the end of the year. I'm waiting....impatiently. ;)
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Now get your asses out to Seoul before the end of the year. I'm waiting....impatiently. ;)
    :D:D:D I think I'd fly out for that one.

Thanks PJ for coming back and playing a proper show in England.
    Thanks for opening with Long Road and finishing with Indifference.
    Come back soon. It all seems a bit of an anti-climax now.