Options

A huge thank you from Europe

StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
edited June 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
So you had to go...

Just wanted to say thank you, Pearl Jam, for coming. Appreciated.
Always welcome back.

For me the concert was like an unexpected, brilliant chord in a beautiful motif that shocks you with its seeming simplicity and gives you goose bumps all over. It was better than than, but words are so clumsy. I always try to write rewievs and attempt to evoke the same feelings I experienced when I first heard you live. It proved to be a wonderful task. But I always fail and am not satisfied. I repeat my sentences because I can't think of the new ones. I guess it just cannot be said. It can only be felt. Anyway, even my failures felt great.

Najlepša hvala!!! (Thank you very much in Slovenian language).
The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    deserteddotsedeserteddotse Posts: 1,276
    I 2nd that...thanks...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,563
    Yes, I too am gratefull. Keep on rocking in the free world!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I was only able to go to one show and, although I would have loved more, this was already an amazing opportunity to see PJ live again so quickly. Also a wonderful opportunity to meet up again with friends from far away when we didn't expect to and also those friends from closer by, but not close enough that we can have a pint or two whenever we want..

Thank you Pearl Jam... hope to see you sooner rather than later! :D
  • Options
    thank you
    see you soon
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    yes lovely tour

nice to see they brought out some rares.. but they could doo wayy moree!!!

like dirty frank, wash, breath, deep, leash, hard to imagine, down, sad, alone, brain of j, all those yesterday, oceans, sometimes, who you are, in my tree, smile, off he goes, red mosquito, mankind, im open, around the bend, not for you, fatal, u, undone, hold on, strangest tribe, all or none, crop duster, tumbing my way tremor christ, nothing man, gods dice, breakerfall, parting ways, of the girl ...

list goes on
  • Options
    HippyvikHippyvik Posts: 281
    Yeah thanks Pearl Jam, for once again enriching our lives. Please come back soon, we miss you already:):(
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    I BrisK I wrote:
    yes lovely tour

nice to see they brought out some rares.. but they could doo wayy moree!!!

like dirty frank, wash, breath, deep, leash, hard to imagine, down, sad, alone, brain of j, all those yesterday, oceans, sometimes, who you are, in my tree, smile, off he goes, red mosquito, mankind, im open, around the bend, not for you, fatal, u, undone, hold on, strangest tribe, all or none, crop duster, tumbing my way tremor christ, nothing man, gods dice, breakerfall, parting ways, of the girl ...

list goes on
    ? They played 12 songs from your list on this tour.

A huge thank you to Pearl Jam for this little tour and I miss them already!
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Dercheef wrote:
    ? They played 12 songs from your list on this tour.

A huge thank you to Pearl Jam for this little tour and I miss them already!

alright dude

now tell me how many times they played each of those songs :)

and compare to how many times they played the usual even flow, greivance, insig, do the evolution, hail hail, alive, animal, go , corduroy ETC to last year and this year tour :)
  • Options
    MineMine Posts: 556
    Thank you guys! Thanks for showing us over and over again for what rock is all about. Oh and Ed thank you for putting Footsteps on the set list in Munich.
    I knew who I was before other people started telling me who I was. J.Joplin
  • Options
    The last 2,5 weeks were so emotional and intense... I can hardly describe.
    Now it's time to come back to earth and get on with my life.
    So many thanks to the best band ever for the 5 fantastic concerts I went to. All different and all great!
    Thanks also to all the nice people from all over the world we've talked to (from the Netherlands, Germany, France, England, Italy, Portugal, Poland, Greece, Israël, Australia, the US, ...).
    It was one hell of an experience I will never forget!!!
    Miss them already!
    (Pukkelpop 25-08-95 Neil Young + PJ without EV)
    2006: Arnh, Antw, Berl
    2007: Katow, Lond, Düsseld, Nijm, Werch
    2008: MSG1, MSG2
    2009: Rotterd, Berl, Lond
    2010: Dubl, Nijm, Werch, Arr, Berl
    2012: Manch, Amst 1+2, Werch, Berl 1+2, Copenh
    2013: Chicago
  • Options
    MargoMargo Posts: 256
    From the bottom of my heart: THANK YOU!!!!
    Or: Dank jullie wel!!!
    Amsterdam 1996, Arnhem 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Dusseldorf 2007, Rotterdam 2009
    London 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Nijmegen 2010, Manchester I & II 2012, Amsterdam I 2012, Stockholm 2012, EV Amsterdam I 2012
  • Options
    svanzonsvanzon Posts: 28
    Thank you! Allowed me to experience my first PJ concert, wow is all I can say.
    13/06/2007 - Katowice, Poland

... may there be many more to come
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    THANK YOU, thank you, thank you... is this a best fuckin bend in the world or what?? :D

See you soon... we keep on rockin' in the free world with you!!!!!!
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    Edvedder13Edvedder13 Posts: 25
    Huge thanx from us all and we'll see you rather sooner then later ;-)

Please keep up making such incredible, beautiful, touching, emotional, captavating and kick-ass songs! We all believe, we all believe it!

And by the by... Though they DO play a lot of the other songs at earlier venues ( been there, heard them, loved it! ) ... I would have loved a big ending like State of love and trust orrrr Angel ... That wasn't on your list!

But we love U guys and a million hugs and xxx from us, your Jamily ...
    I wish I was a messenger and all the news was good!
  • Options
    I don't know someone of the band will ever read this, but if they would I would like to say thank you.

I only saw one show (this is a fact I now regret) but it was one of the best evenings I had! To see my favorite band in such a great shape was an unforgettable experience!

If I was addicted to your music before, now the addiction is even bigger! Just more live shows can ease this wonderful addiction! So please come back as soon as possible to Europe, esp. to Germany!

Thank you or
    Vielen Dank für ein ganz tolles Erlebnis!

Greetings Snake_
  • Options
    I don't know someone of the band will ever read this, but if they would I would like to say thank you.

I only saw one show (this is a fact I now regret) but it was one of the best evenings I had! To see my favorite band in such a great shape was an unforgettable experience!

If I was addicted to your music before, now the addiction is even bigger! Just more live shows can ease this wonderful addiction! So please come back as soon as possible to Europe, esp. to Germany!

Thank you or
    Vielen Dank für ein ganz tolles Erlebnis!

Greetings Snake_
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    i cant think of any words to sum up my joy at seeing the six shows i went in the last ten months, it was better than amazing, i hope to see you again soon!

im just listening to the pistoia boot now which i went to, not for you is on with the amazing chanting in the middle and ive got tears in my eyes and am goosebumped to the max, oh god its so good!!

thanks for the memories
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Thanks PJ

great to see you live again.
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    Thanks from me too - finally got to see the band in wembley after 9 years!! Well worth it. Don't be a stranger band!
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    disconnecteddisconnected Posts: 2,875
    Really from the bottom of my heart: THANK YOU!!

Thank you for having a great time in the goffertpark and making it a special evening. Come back soon!!

Dank jullie wel!
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    Stereotype wrote:
    So you had to go...

Just wanted to say thank you, Pearl Jam, for coming. Appreciated.
    Always welcome back.

For me the concert was like an unexpected, brilliant chord in a beautiful motif that shocks you with its seeming simplicity and gives you goose bumps all over. It was better than than, but words are so clumsy. I always try to write rewievs and attempt to evoke the same feelings I experienced when I first heard you live. It proved to be a wonderful task. But I always fail and am not satisfied. I repeat my sentences because I can't think of the new ones. I guess it just cannot be said. It can only be felt. Anyway, even my failures felt great.

Najlepša hvala!!! (Thank you very much in Slovenian language).
    a big thank you from me as well
    danny d
  • Options
    SpankensenSpankensen Posts: 34
    Thank you PEARL JAM, thank you Stone, thank you Eddie, thank you Jeff, thank you Mike, thank you Matt, thank you Boom, thank you to the whole crew for setting up the stages and taking care of our boys!

And a special THANK YOU for existing and continuing to exist....Please don't stop! We need you!
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.
  • Options
    prodacakeprodacake Posts: 319
    thanks pearl jam
  • Options
    Thank you Pearl Jam and the whole crew!Thank you thank you THANK YOU! Thank you! Really!

Please return when you will feel like playing again. Still a lot of countries waiting for a lot of years. We love you here. I think you are more ours than of america, but ok..don't want to get political..and don't want to get replies..just post a thank you people so that they will see how much we care. Because we do.

I hope next time there will be no storm in between us and you'll come back and played for the ones that didn't get to see you because of the bad luck with weather.
  • Options
    pilgonicopilgonico Posts: 5
    Thank you Pearl Jam

I had to come especially from Israel to see two concerts this time (Munich ,Venice which cancelled :( and Wembley ,my first two ever !!!) , Hope next time to see you in my country at last, many fans are awaiting for you !
  • Options
    SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Thank you so much! Thanks Pearl Jam for touring Europe 2 years in a row!

Thanks!

Will be there when you guys return! Hopefully it will not take so long.
  • Options
    IsilmeIsilme Posts: 8
    Thank you! You made not only my day, but my entire year :)
  • Options
    Lisa81Lisa81 Posts: 132
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, the wembley show was the best thing ever.
    Come back soon coz my Mom has decided she wants to come see you too next time!!!!
    www.flickr.com/photos/ljrw
  • Options
    RijekaRijeka Posts: 801
    Thank you for best days of my life:)
    Just that, and i think that it's enough to say
    Death or glory!

• Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    This is what I wrote on my myspace after I got back from my mini tour...(did 4 shows, supposed to do 5, but we all know what happened in Venice :( )

To Pearl Jam:
    *Seriously, guys! Munich show was WOW, but Wembley!!!
    You amaze me after every show.
    I love you so much!
    Mr McCready, thanks for the London setlist, you flirt... And Ed, one naughty naughty boy, shoving down the pants that stuffed animal I threw at you. :D

Pearl Jam, you ROCK!
    I dont really know what else to say but THANK YOU for amazing shows Ive seen this tour, awesome setlists, energy from you and the crowd, thanks for making me traveling to see you places that I might never go to and thanks for all those friends, old and new that Ive met in the past 10 days.
    You are everything to me. You are. :)
    I love you. Thank you. for everything.
    Peace.

I miss you already, I miss you all day!!! :)

Sid

PS and you better play SMILE when I see you next time :cool:
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"