Options

RNDM Ghost Riding Tour 2016

Comments

• Options
    TFlyerTFlyer DMV (dc,md,va) Posts: 881

TFlyer said:

I'll definitely be at the DC show, while I don't like the venue they are playing at I can't really miss the show for the price that it is.

I just realized this place is near Toki & The Pug, which I've enjoyed. But what's the deal with the venue itself? And what's the closest Metro station?
    The venue is in sort of a run down area....just not somewhere I enjoy seeing bands if I have a choice. I'd much rather go to the 930 Club or The Fillmore in Silver Spring. Also when I was there the staff really wasn't all that friendly. Not only were they rude before the show but they didn't handle the VIP portion or the security during the show well either. It was as if they didn't want the artist or the audience there.

As for the metro I honestly have no idea none of the stops are that close the last time I went to a show there I drove down. There are patrolled lots close to the venue as well as meters on the street (which is what I did). I was planning on driving to this show as well.

If you're taking the metro plan on doing what @pjsteelerfan suggested. A LOT of the area around the venue doesn't have sidewalks and you'll be crossing against heavy traffic.
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    Okay, fellow RNDMites... Gonna ask a favour...
    As I have no way to play records, I've never purchased Acts on vinyl, but I hear that "Theme From RNDM Gong" is really good. Anyone know how I can get a copy of that song?
    Cheers.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    Sarah said:

As I have no way to play records, I've never purchased Acts on vinyl, but I hear that "Theme From RNDM Gong" is really good. Anyone know how I can get a copy of that song?
    Cheers.

Will upload later this evening for ya. :)
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Sarah said:

Cheers.

Wow! Thanks!
  • Options
    Sarah said:

demetrios said:

Sarah said:

Cheers.

Wow! Thanks!
    No problemo! PM sent. :)
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,833
    I just watched a bunch of videos on youtube and I am getting seriously pumped to see these dudes in March. They have such a cool vibe!
  • Options

@ RNDM

New RNDM tour rig.

Tickets to the Ghost Riding Tour 2016 are on-sale now! http://bit.ly/pj-RNDMtix
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    TFlyer said:

TFlyer said:

I'll definitely be at the DC show, while I don't like the venue they are playing at I can't really miss the show for the price that it is.

I just realized this place is near Toki & The Pug, which I've enjoyed. But what's the deal with the venue itself? And what's the closest Metro station?
    The venue is in sort of a run down area....just not somewhere I enjoy seeing bands if I have a choice. I'd much rather go to the 930 Club or The Fillmore in Silver Spring. Also when I was there the staff really wasn't all that friendly. Not only were they rude before the show but they didn't handle the VIP portion or the security during the show well either. It was as if they didn't want the artist or the audience there.

As for the metro I honestly have no idea none of the stops are that close the last time I went to a show there I drove down. There are patrolled lots close to the venue as well as meters on the street (which is what I did). I was planning on driving to this show as well.

If you're taking the metro plan on doing what @pjsteelerfan suggested. A LOT of the area around the venue doesn't have sidewalks and you'll be crossing against heavy traffic.
    Awesome, and thank you both for the info! I convinced a buddy of mine who used to live in DC to go with me. He knows the area pretty well so I'll just let him hold the reins.
  • Options
    Love the new RNDM tour rig! Joseph Arthur is a badass, cant wait for the show.
  • Options
    cherries in the snow really cool song
  • Options
    EB218946 said:

cherries in the snow really cool song

Yes, and so is "What You Can't Control" -- a beautiful song which frequently makes me tear up because there's lots I can't control.
  • Options
    I agree love that song cant wait to hear it live!
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    Really excited for the tour I KNOW is happening and WILL be attending!
  • Options
    Was hoping the pre order of their new album was yesterday. Looks like February 10th .. which means the CD & vinyl won't arrive up here in Canada before their March 13th Toronto show. Same thing happened on their last record of Acts. I received that CD after their Montreal & Toronto '12 shows, what I can remember.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,854
    demetrios said:

Was hoping the pre order of their new album was yesterday. Looks like February 10th .. which means the CD & vinyl won't arrive up here in Canada before their March 13th Toronto show. Same thing happened on their last record of Acts. I received that CD after their Montreal & Toronto '12 shows, what I can remember.

Yeah release of Acts was very close to the tour, I think I only had the album for maybe a week? before the DC show. Seems to be the same case with this album.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,554
    a5pj said:

demetrios said:

Yeah release of Acts was very close to the tour, I think I only had the album for maybe a week? before the DC show. Seems to be the same case with this album.
    Indeed. I don't like this tactic. The release date for Ghost Riding is the same date as their first show of the "tour". I don't really get that - I suppose it's just all about their schedules combined with the wait time for getting an album pressed? Whatever it is, it kind of sucks to not be able to absorb the album a little before a tour starts.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

a5pj said:

demetrios said:

Indeed. I don't like this tactic. The release date for Ghost Riding is the same date as their first show of the "tour". I don't really get that - I suppose it's just all about their schedules combined with the wait time for getting an album pressed? Whatever it is, it kind of sucks to not be able to absorb the album a little before a tour starts.
    I used to think the same until the Lightning Bolt tour. Which, even then, I think you could stream the album before the tour began (but I refused to). I went into Pitt '13 without knowing a single note, chord, or lyric from LB and it was a pretty awesome experience to blindly get some new tunes! Got the CD in the mail 2 days later.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

PJ_Soul said:

a5pj said:

demetrios said:

I used to think the same until the Lightning Bolt tour. Which, even then, I think you could stream the album before the tour began (but I refused to). I went into Pitt '13 without knowing a single note, chord, or lyric from LB and it was a pretty awesome experience to blindly get some new tunes! Got the CD in the mail 2 days later.
    I prefer to know all the lyrics before seeing a show. Without knowing the lyrics (which you often either can't understand or just can't apply much meaning to when you hear them for the first time live because you aren't able to take the time to consider their meanings, etc), a lot of the song is lost for me.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

a5pj said:

demetrios said:

I prefer to know all the lyrics before seeing a show. Without knowing the lyrics (which you often either can't understand or just can't apply much meaning to when you hear them for the first time live because you aren't able to take the time to consider their meanings, etc), a lot of the song is lost for me.
    I know what ya mean there. Which is one of the reasons I usually don't like opening bands.
  • Options
    A good example for me was hearing Lightning Bolt at Wrigley, which was the first time it was ever heard by the public. At the time, it seemed like the lyrics were about some woman, and there was no opportunity at all to think about those lyrics and realize that they weren't about a woman at all... and that made a HUGE difference in how I perceived that song (i.e., I thought it was trite at the time, without understanding what it was about, and I would have very much preferred to have had time to absorb that song's lyrics before seeing it live, because that would have greatly increased my enjoyment of it).
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    How is their live show? I listened to 'Acts' the other day and there are quite a few ballads. Does their live show rock or is it tame?
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Red Lukin said:

How is their live show? I listened to 'Acts' the other day and there are quite a few ballads. Does their live show rock or is it tame?

live show rocks...Richard is so fun to watch behind the kit. When I saw them, he actually broke a stick, and just kept going. I felt more like I was watching a group of friends playing at a jam session than play a show.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Red Lukin said:

It's been 3.5 years since I saw it, but if memory serves it wasn't tame as in just standing there like trees, and it wasn't hard core or anything. It was just normal, lol. They were into it I guess, but it's a relatively chill band. It's not like they're head banging all over the stage or anything, haha. Stuverud is kind of a monster on the drums, and really fun to watch. Very energetic. But why am I telling you? Just watch them on youtube! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_HMM-Wkj7E

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    PJ_Soul said:

a5pj said:

demetrios said:

IMHO, it is sometimes nice to hear a song for the first time in a live setting.

Way back in the 90s, REM played a bunch of new songs on their "Monster" tour that were later released on "New Adventures in Hi Fi" ........I appreciate the fact that my first memories of the songs were forged while seeing the band perform them live.

• Options
  • Options
    Sweet!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Red Lukin said:

It's been 3.5 years since I saw it, but if memory serves it wasn't tame as in just standing there like trees, and it wasn't hard core or anything. It was just normal, lol. They were into it I guess, but it's a relatively chill band. It's not like they're head banging all over the stage or anything, haha. Stuverud is kind of a monster on the drums, and really fun to watch. Very energetic. But why am I telling you? Just watch them on youtube! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_HMM-Wkj7E

Watched this the other night and it was super-duper!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7sdCT3Rwfo
  • Options
    Love that sticker. Not sure if they are still up but the day after their show in Toronto '12, I put up a few of those stickers in Greek Town, Toronto. :)
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Love that sticker. Not sure if they are still up but the day after their show in Toronto '12, I put up a few of those stickers in Greek Town, Toronto. :)

Used to live there, however, that was well before RNDM came into existence!

Does RNDM sell merch at their shows?
  • Options
    Sarah said:

demetrios said:

Used to live there, however, that was well before RNDM came into existence!

Does RNDM sell merch at their shows?
    They sure do. :)