Options

RNDM Ghost Riding Tour 2016

Comments

• Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    You mean color all around? Who's to say. Remember the Mad Season debacle? Everyone would have ordered from 10C if they were all going to be colored.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    kramer73 said:

You mean color all around? Who's to say. Remember the Mad Season debacle? Everyone would have ordered from 10C if they were all going to be colored.

There must be info on this somewhere....
    At any rate, why wouldn't all of you Americans be jumping on buying the coloured vinyl from a Canadian website?? Our dollar is under $0.70 USD right now. You Americans can save 30% by buying it from Dine Alone assuming the shipping isn't completely insane (I guess it might be... but even if it is, it certainly won't cost MORE than buying from 10C, and you're guaranteed a coloured version, just in case the 10C one is black).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:

kramer73 said:

demetrios said:
    They are only shipping these from Canada? Oh well, I want it.
    And that is AMAZING! What a nice surprise to be able to order this within Canada for $20 CAD rather than $20 USD, given our tanking dollar! The shipping within Canada is also far cheaper than from 10C (dine alone is $15 CAD for regular parcel). I just saved $15. Thanks for posting that Demetrios!! I wish 10C would kindly point Canadian customers to that. I bet a lot of Canadian members will end up way overspending. Already some have said in this thread that they bought from 10C. I was seconds away from doing it myself and then I was lucky to catch your post D.
    Ha, well I don't know why Canadians or anyone from the US would go with 10c for this. I'm in the US and will still save over $10 USD having it shipped from Canada.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,859
    PJ_Soul said:

kramer73 said:

demetrios said:
    I'm getting the impression that this is the standard pressing, and is what you'll get from 10C as well, but for some reason 10C hasn't mentioned the colour of the vinyl.... Can anyone confirm?
    From the url it say's variant. http://dinealone10.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/ghost-riding-2lp?variant=13539569156 . Maybe some colored copies will be randomly given to 10club members?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

kramer73 said:

demetrios said:
    I'm getting the impression that this is the standard pressing, and is what you'll get from 10C as well, but for some reason 10C hasn't mentioned the colour of the vinyl.... Can anyone confirm?
    From the url it say's variant. http://dinealone10.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/ghost-riding-2lp?variant=13539569156 . Maybe some colored copies will be randomly given to 10club members?
    Am I losing my mind? I am not seeing a note about it being a variant anywhere on that page. :confused: EDIT: Oooohhhh, in the actual URL you said. Yeah, well..... who knows. That might not mean anything. Could just be an internal way to note that it's coloured for all we know. But yeah, certainly can't go wrong with ordering it either way, since it's way cheaper.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,859
    PJ_Soul said:

demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

kramer73 said:

demetrios said:
    Am I losing my mind? I am not seeing a note about it being a variant anywhere on that page. :confused:
    It's not posted on the page. I'm just going with the "variant" text that's included in the url.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

kramer73 said:

demetrios said:
    Am I losing my mind? I am not seeing a note about it being a variant anywhere on that page. :confused:
    I don't think it means anything. The end of the URL contains the word "variant", but so does every vinyl they have on Dine Alone's site. I think it is just the way they build their store. I wouldn't read anything more into it.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Yeah, I editing my post there when I realized it's in the URL. I agree it's very likely that that is meaningless. Either way, Dine Alone is cheaper for everyone.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    $13.00 shipping from Dine Alone vs. $8.99 from 10 Club. Hurm.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    dankind said:

But doesn't the exchange rate completely makes up for it? Dine Alone is showing Canadian dollars, no? It was for me. Or didn't you already take that into account? Just the price of the album practically makes up for it.
  • Options
    And the $13 from Dine Alone is not tracked.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

And the $13 from Dine Alone is not tracked.

Yeah, I could have paid $30 CAD for tracked, but fuck it. Are you talking US dollars here?
  • Options
    I don't know. It just has a dollar sign.

Fuck it. I'll buy it from my local.

Last time I got a sweet 7" for doing that.

(Sounds dirty.)
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

kramer73 said:

There must be info on this somewhere....
    At any rate, why wouldn't all of you Americans be jumping on buying the coloured vinyl from a Canadian website?? Our dollar is under $0.70 USD right now. You Americans can save 30% by buying it from Dine Alone assuming the shipping isn't completely insane (I guess it might be... but even if it is, it certainly won't cost MORE than buying from 10C, and you're guaranteed a coloured version, just in case the 10C one is black).
    I did buy from Dine Alone! I was going to get a coloured one anyway :)
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    edited January 2016
    The exchange rate is really good - get the tracking for the LP, the final cost is only around $28 US
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    do I really need the tracking? I'll have to contact Dine Alone to revise my order.
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,267
    No intrest in the Orange cassette from Dine Alone? Only 150 made.....and it's orange... maybe 10C has the same Orange cassette?
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    dankind said:

$13 CAD = $8.95 USD, so shipping is the same (minus tracking which I don't really care about), and the LP is $20 CAD = $13.75 USD, vs $20 USD through 10c. Couple that with my aversion to buying anything that isn't 10c exclusive from the 10c, and it is an easy decision for me.
  • Options
    Dine Alone Records says: "it's the standard! only colour available"
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,854

Did you e-mail them and ask?
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    Thanks to this thread I just got the vinyl shipped from Canada to NYC for $23! Thanks guys!
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    a5pj said:

Someone asked them on their Facebook page and that's what they replied
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    a5pj said:

yes
  • Options
    RP112579 said:

a5pj said:

Awesome thanks! I still kinda feel the need to buy it there too though just to ensure I get that pretty colored vinyl!

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    a5pj said:

RP112579 said:

a5pj said:

Awesome thanks! I still kinda feel the need to buy it there too though just to ensure I get that pretty colored vinyl!
    That's what I did. I ordered from Amazon this morning, then from Dine Alone once I saw the colored. So, it looks like I'll end up with two colored vinyl.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    Well, here's hoping the 10C is colored cuz dine alone's site just sold out of the vinyl presale...

• Options
    edited January 2016
    dankind said:

I don't know. It just has a dollar sign.

Fuck it. I'll buy it from my local.

Last time I got a sweet 7" for doing that.

(Sounds dirty.)

Oh, yeah man, that website is in Canadian dollars. So take off 30%. ;) Nice for Americans. Saw a news piece last night about Americans and the Canadian dollar. Apparently even Americans who are here on vacation in Whistler and Vancouver are totally oblivious to the fact that they're spending 25% less than they would have only a few months ago. Must be nice to be that unaware of how much money you're spending, lol..... If anyone wants to buy property in Canada, now's the time. or wait a month or two. It will probably be even lower. There are some predictions saying it will go as low as $0.59. TERRIBLE news for Canadians who buy vinyl and want to travel in the US. Great news for Americans.
  • Options
    RP112579 said:

a5pj said:

Nice. It is SO weird that 10C didn't make note of the colour. Oversight or on purpose??
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

RP112579 said:

a5pj said:

Nice. It is SO weird that 10C didn't make note of the colour. Oversight or on purpose??
    Dunno, but you would think they would know we need every detail about everything by now. (kidding) But seriously they know we want to know if vinyl is colored, probably should have been included in the description...