Options

who thinks ten gets played to much on tour?

13»

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    Ten blows away anything after Yield. Not even the same league. Keep it coming. Most of the world considers it their best album anyway
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,626

Ten blows away anything after Yield. Not even the same league. Keep it coming. Most of the world considers it their best album anyway

Most of the world doesn't even know they have any albums after Vitalogy, lol.

I don't think Ten is even close to their best album. But yeah, probably half of the people at their shows are people who weren't aware PJ was still playing together for the past 15 years until they saw the latest concert announcement, lol, so Ten songs do still need to be played! It's not all about us Pearl Jam nerds. =);)
    I do wish they'd retire Jeremy though.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    danny said:

i personally love the bootlegs but sometimes i think a bit to much of ten,i think some songs of the other albums dont get even played hardly marker in the sand etc

I agree. They could play 3-4 songs every night (not always Even flow AND Alive, maybe one or the other or something) instead of 6-8 which is pretty standard (counting YL etc as a Ten song). It's the most known stuff but it's also the oldest and been heard the most over the years. I still love most of the songs to death but am indifferent to many...
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options

there´s never enough ten...
    just need to get oceans live to complete the album

Wish came true.... Oceans opened Río, fucking awesome!!!!
  • Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    PJ_Soul said:

Most of the world doesn't even know they have any albums after Vitalogy, lol.

I don't think Ten is even close to their best album. But yeah, probably half of the people at their shows are people who weren't aware PJ was still playing together for the past 15 years until they saw the latest concert announcement, lol, so Ten songs do still need to be played! It's not all about us Pearl Jam nerds. =);)
    I do wish they'd retire Jeremy though.
    ten rips live lol and i hope they never retire jeremy. crowd loses it during that song. evolution into jeremy at mia was insane. same thing when they pulled it out after sirens in cville? great song
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    I do
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,845

there´s never enough ten...
    just need to get oceans live to complete the album

Wish came true.... Oceans opened Río, fucking awesome!!!!
    you lucky sumbitch.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I agree. Too much Ten. Have listened to that album since its release in '91; first heard 'em play most of it live at Lollapalooza in Phoenix in '92; so yeah, a little tired. Don't get me wrong, it's obviously an iconic record; I love it, BUT the band has really evolved since then and has so much other great stuff that I'd love to hear live. I'd be fine if they played nothing (or little) from Ten at this point. "Jeremy" should be retired from live sets, and starting shows with "Pendulum" (from Lightning Bolt) is just wrong on so many levels. Having said that, they could play just about anything live, and I'd still be happy. Just an opinion.
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I don't think Ten gets played too much. Sure I'd also like to hear more Binaural and Riot Act, but hearing stuff off the first record is still great for me.
    I haven't heard Once, Garden, or Deep live very many times, and after 20 years of going to shows I've still never heard Oceans.
    In 2000, I remember people becoming euphoric anytime the band played 4 or more songs off Ten at a show. I remember fanclub members hoping that Ten would be played in it's entirety. At the time, it seemed like a show's worth was measured by it's percentage of Ten content. I realize this doesn't pertain to everyone, but this was what I heard in line for fanclub tickets, inside the venues, and in the old message pit.
    AND it still happens!... After the 2014 St Louis show, a fanclub member told me that the show blew because Black wasn't on the setlist. Recently, people were impressed that Deep and Garden were played at the same show. Me personally, I'm still hoping to hear Oceans live.
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,978
    edited November 2015
    Still missing Oceans and Deep...but songs like Jeremy and Black should go away for a very long time...
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Black should never go away. absolutely never
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891
    pdalowsky said:

I agree and I think it's their greatest masterpiece
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Black is a masterpiece. The band and the crowd totally feel the connection to it. It's pretty much a staple in the setlists.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    Hate when bands totally ignore their iconic debut stuff. Glad that PJ never has. Out of a typical crowd of 18,000 probably only 25% are praying for rare B-sides.

I guarantee that the band gets excited knowing that the opening chords of Black or Alive are about to set the place on fire
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Don't play elderly woman anymore
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    pdalowsky said:

Black, Alive, Even Flow, Porch will appear always in PJ shows, the rest may have a break from time to time...

... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    3days said:

I don't think Ten gets played too much. Sure I'd also like to hear more Binaural and Riot Act, but hearing stuff off the first record is still great for me.
    I haven't heard Once, Garden, or Deep live very many times, and after 20 years of going to shows I've still never heard Oceans.
    In 2000, I remember people becoming euphoric anytime the band played 4 or more songs off Ten at a show. I remember fanclub members hoping that Ten would be played in it's entirety. At the time, it seemed like a show's worth was measured by it's percentage of Ten content. I realize this doesn't pertain to everyone, but this was what I heard in line for fanclub tickets, inside the venues, and in the old message pit.
    AND it still happens!... After the 2014 St Louis show, a fanclub member told me that the show blew because Black wasn't on the setlist. Recently, people were impressed that Deep and Garden were played at the same show. Me personally, I'm still hoping to hear Oceans live.

That's was covered in disc three of OJ20, statistic dude talked about the early 2000's when Ten was played very little, and since they were played a lot early on their career EvenFlow, Porch and Alive are still the songs most played live...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...