Will there be a new album in 2016?

13»

Comments

• cutz said:

PJ_Soul said:

According to a Portuguese article that confirms pj is playing in Lisbon July 7, the article also says the show is part of a European tour in support of a new album that will be released next year!

Sounds like bullshit, lol. ;) But it would be nice!
    Don't know how worthy this is: http://10times.com/alive-festival-lisbon

NOS Alive Festival is a 3 day event being held from 7th July to the 9th July 2016 in Lisbon, Portugal. This event showcases products like the leading music festival in Portugal and has caught the rest of the world’s attention due to a single combination of an eclectic line up, warm weather and unique coastline location, fantastic line ups, including bands such as Arctic Monkeys, The Black Keys, The Libertines, Depeche Mode, Coldplay, Radiohead, The Cure, Pearl Jam, Beastie Boys, Smashing Pupmkins, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Blondie and many more etc. in the Musical Instruments industry.

But, so far : http://nosalive.com/en/lineup/

No PJ listed yet, but more to come
    Then who's that listed after The Cure?
    I believe those are all acts who have already played the festival. Pearl Jam played there in 2010, which is why they're listed
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    Oh just examples... Thanks for the clarification! :peace:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897
    No
    It's not them playing Lisbon that I'm doubting so much as it is them matching it with a new album. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,785
    edited December 2015
    No

cutz said:

PJ_Soul said:

According to a Portuguese article that confirms pj is playing in Lisbon July 7, the article also says the show is part of a European tour in support of a new album that will be released next year!

Sounds like bullshit, lol. ;) But it would be nice!
    Don't know how worthy this is: http://10times.com/alive-festival-lisbon

NOS Alive Festival is a 3 day event being held from 7th July to the 9th July 2016 in Lisbon, Portugal. This event showcases products like the leading music festival in Portugal and has caught the rest of the world’s attention due to a single combination of an eclectic line up, warm weather and unique coastline location, fantastic line ups, including bands such as Arctic Monkeys, The Black Keys, The Libertines, Depeche Mode, Coldplay, Radiohead, The Cure, Pearl Jam, Beastie Boys, Smashing Pupmkins, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Blondie and many more etc. in the Musical Instruments industry.

But, so far : http://nosalive.com/en/lineup/

No PJ listed yet, but more to come
    Then who's that listed after The Cure?
    First link is to an article. (Which i copy and paste in my post)

The 2nd link is to the Festival website. Maybe i missed it, but i don't see PJ listed.............Yet(I guess the 8th and 9th are the headliners listed for those dates, but no headliner listed for the 7th. So, MAYBE it will be PJ?

http://nosalive.com/en/lineup/
    Post edited by cutz on
  • vzouzalvzouzal Posts: 202
    This thread is about to blow up....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897
    No
    vzouzal said:

Why?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    "I got a feeling, a feeling deep inside oh yeah"....
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152
    No
    vzouzal said:

? You started a thread saying avocado would be played at msg 2 and not one song was played so forgive my skepticism lol
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    who knows? I don't, but it sounds fun
  • karmadefectkarmadefect Posts: 806
    Yes
    Seeing the new bootleg art work I thought maybe the Lightning bolt era is over so there is room for a new album. Would be good to get it before the 4 year mark. Besides it is PJ 25 this year. I say go for it.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Yes
    vzouzal said:

who knows? I don't, but it sounds fun

Thanks for the info lol
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    Yes
    I think they will debut a new song or 2 at Wrigley, only because that's where they debuted a couple LB songs there before the album was released.
  • AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    New album late 2017 with a West Coast and Midwest tour. East coast tour and Europe in 2018.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,188
    No
    New album september 2017.

Europe next summer.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • karmadefectkarmadefect Posts: 806
    Yes

Europe next summer.

I like Europe next summer, but I prefer a short tour at the end of this year.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,188
    No

Europe next summer.

I like Europe next summer, but I prefer a short tour at the end of this year.
    Have they ever, after the first years, visited Europe during the winter? To my knowledge, they come for the festival $$.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"