Options

Mansfield I - BEST SHOW OF TOUR SO FAR

13»

Comments

• Options
    OatsdadOatsdad Posts: 72
    I thought DC was the best of my 8 to date, while Mansfield 1 was arguably the WORST along with WPB...
  • Options
    My girl and I were at Camden I & II, and MSG I & II, we weren't able to go to any of the other shows, so my answer will be quite biased. What I can tell you is the two nights in Camden were EPIC as far as I'm concerned.

At Camden I we got:

1. A KILLER 'Hard to imagine' opening. The crowd was SO into it.
    2. 'All night', which I know has turned into a staple over the tour, but it was the first time that WE ever heard it live.
    3. 'In mother fucking hiding'!!!! One of my all-time favorite PJ songs bar none, and only the 2nd time I'd seen it live if my memory serves me correctly.
    4. 'Who you are', same deal as 'All night', first time WE ever heard it live
    5. 'Unemployable', a very under-rated song and not played that often
    6. 'Light years', another one of my favorite songs
    7. 'U', a super-catchy tune that has most people scratching their heads
    8. 'Rats', one of my girl's favorite songs
    9. 'Love reign o'er me', that they fucking OWNED that night
    10. 'State of love and trust', another of my girl's favorites
    11. 'Black', that had the crowd going NUTS, they were so into it
    12. 'Leash', which I will NEVER get tired of hearing live

At Camden II we got:

1. The first of only TWO Ed solo pre-sets so far on this tour
    2. 'Brain of J', not played too often, and one of my faves from Binaural
    3. 'Low light', which was absolutely beautiful
    4. 'Down', one of my favorite b-sides
    5. 'Green disease', which I LOVE and they've only played it 3 times on this tour
    6. 'Thin air', which also was beautiful, and it's always a good show when you get 'Low light' AND 'Thin air' IMO
    7. 'W.M.A', again, I know it's been played a bunch since, but it was the first time WE'VE ever heard it live
    8. 'Whipping', another GREAT song, and they've only played it 3 times so far
    9. 'Lukin', another one that gets the crowd moving, and only played twice so far
    10. FUCKING MAMASAN MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

As far as the MSG shows, I have NEVER been so moved by the band and by the crowd. The place was ALIVE (no pun intended). My girl and I lost our voices from the first night alone

Just look at the setlists, especially the first night:

1. 'Save you', only played 3 times so far
    2. 'Faithful', which I LOVE, only played 4 times so far
    3. 'Whipping', again, only played 3 times so far
    4. '1/2 full', only the 2nd time played so far
    5. 'Present tense', KILL for this song live, only the 3rd time played so far
    6. and then one of the GREATEST encores ever:
    'Love reign o'er me'
    'W.M.A.'
    'Leash'
    'Spin the black circle'
    'Wasted reprise'
    'Porch'
    7. 'I believe in miracles' with CJ Ramone
    8. 'All along the watchtower' which fuckin rocked
    9. and 'Indifferenc' to close the show.

Fucking amazing.

Then for MSG II we got:

1. 'Release' to open the show
    2. the tour debut of 'World wide suicide'
    3. the tour debut of 'Cropduster'
    4. the new OLD 'Garden' which was fucking AMAZING!
    5. 'I'm open'
    6. 'Go', another tour debut
    7, 'Inside job', which is ALWAYS beautiful live
    8. 'Last kiss', only the 2nd time played so far
    9. 'Black Diamond' with Ace Frehely, I'm not a KISS fan by ANY means, but this sounded great, and the crowd got into it quite a bit.

It was quite an amazing week to say the least...
  • Options
    trebmaltrebmal Boston Posts: 102
    At Camden II we got:

1. The first of only TWO Ed solo pre-sets so far on this tour
    2. 'Brain of J', not played too often, and one of my faves from Binaural

It was quite an amazing week to say the least...

Gotta be the first but I'll be nice... Brain of J is Yield, not Binaural. Definitely a great song though.
    9.15.98, 8.29.00, 8.30.00, 7.02.03, 7.03.03, 7.11.03 Mansfield, MA | 9.28.04, 9.29.04 Boston, MA, 5.12.06 Albany, NY | 5.13.06 Hartford, CT | 5.24, 5.25.06 Boston, MA | 8.05.07 Chicago, IL (lolla) | 6.27.08 Hartford, CT | 6.28, 6.30.08 Mansfield, MA | 10.4.09 Austin, TX (ACL), 10.30 | 10.31.09, Philadelphia, PA 5.17.10 Boston, MA, 10.15 | 10.16.2013 Worcester, MA, 10.25.13 Hartford, CT, 10.16.14 Detroit, MI, 4.18.16 Hampton, VA, 5.1 | 5.2.16 NYC, 8.5 | 8.7.16 Boston, MA, 7.3.18 Kraków, PL | 8.8 - 8.10.18 Seattle, WA | 8.13.18 Missoula, MT | 8.18.18 Chicago, IL | 9.2 - 9.4.18 Boston, MA | 9.18.21 Asbury Park, NJ | 9.1.22 Québec City, CAN | 9.3.22 Ottawa, CAN
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    well Hartford came in as my 17th show to date...and even while the crowd was a little rough around the edges (the partying going on in the parking lots etc before the show made me feel like I was witnessing the initial stages of the LA Riots lol) and wasn't aware of a lot of the songs, the house was packed and everyone was having a blast

what separated this show from a lot of the other 17 I have seen is Eddie and Mike were just completely on fire...I can't wait to get a hold of this bootleg. I attended both MSG's of this tour and while they were good shows, the raw energy at Hartford and the setlist had me thinking during the show how THIS was indeed the show people traveled from all over to see at the Garden....this was truly a DVD-worthy performance and the only other show I lobbied to have put to DVD was Buffalo 03'

of the three shows I attended this tour

1) HARTFORD
    2) MSG 2
    3) MSG 1
  • Options
    I would put Hartford before Mansfield.

Agreed. In my opinion, Hartford blew Mansfield out of the water. The feeling at Hartford was euphoric.
    Oh he fills it up with the love of a girl...
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,467

I've been to every show this tour and over 60 in my life..the show last night was near the bottom of my list for all time shows.

Set list was bellow average for this tour and it was the shortest.
    The band was not nearly as into it as the night before in Hartford.
    sorry but I was expecting a better show from Boston 1.

OK, i feel the same way you do about mansfield-1. I'm glad to hear from someone that has been to more shows then me. I've ONLY seen them 11 times, and its on the bottom of my short list.
  • Options
    joshua3800 wrote:
    The show was shorter than most during the tour, but unlike MSG I and II or Hartford, This show had everything and a tight selection of tunes that were both slow and fast and showed off there talent more and the crowd was BY FAR the best i've seen since 2006.

The noise during the 1.5 minute cheer for Betterman will be legendary.

A longer show doesn't mean a bettershow. We got a look of songs through the years last night. I heard Indifference was scratched off and i wish after Alive they would've done Indifference to close, but easily a short and to the point great show.

The I's is Manfield are historically better than the 2's but i am hopefull.

Of course nothing beats Mansfield III from 06

are you trying to convince us, or yourself?
  • Options
    Rossum20 wrote:
    well Hartford came in as my 17th show to date...and even while the crowd was a little rough around the edges (the partying going on in the parking lots etc before the show made me feel like I was witnessing the initial stages of the LA Riots lol) and wasn't aware of a lot of the songs, the house was packed and everyone was having a blast

what separated this show from a lot of the other 17 I have seen is Eddie and Mike were just completely on fire...I can't wait to get a hold of this bootleg. I attended both MSG's of this tour and while they were good shows, the raw energy at Hartford and the setlist had me thinking during the show how THIS was indeed the show people traveled from all over to see at the Garden....this was truly a DVD-worthy performance and the only other show I lobbied to have put to DVD was Buffalo 03'

of the three shows I attended this tour

1) HARTFORD
    2) MSG 2
    3) MSG 1

I would probably agree that Hartford was better than both MSG's had I been able to see all of Hartford (I'm not looking to drag the ticketline mess into yet another discussion, it's just hard for me to rank that show #1 when I only saw 2/3 of it) Anyone else think that the sound was 10X better at Hartford? Not that it was bad at MSG, Hartford just sounded so clean. Like I was listening to a CD.
  • Options
    Evolution1Evolution1 Posts: 50
    my boyfriend and I were there. He recorded the Betterman part and he will post it on youtube. It was AWESOME!!
    "I am the first mammal to wear pants....yeah"
    6/95 -SF, CA.
    11/95 -SJ, CA.
    7/03 -Mt. View, CA.
    10/25/03 -Mt. View, CA.
    7/9/06 -LA, CA.
    7/15/06 -SF, CA.
    7/17/06 -SF, CA.
    10/22/06 -Mt. View, CA.
    12/9/06 -Honolulu, HI
    Eddie!-SC, CA. 4/5/08
    Eddie!-Berkeley. 4/7/08
    6/28/08- Mansfield, MA.
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,179
    ...sounds like you just got swept in the World Series

Do you want to talk about the best hospitals and colleges in the world then? Pick your poison, LaRussa.

This is getting pathetic
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,899
    I would probably agree that Hartford was better than both MSG's had I been able to see all of Hartford (I'm not looking to drag the ticketline mess into yet another discussion, it's just hard for me to rank that show #1 when I only saw 2/3 of it) Anyone else think that the sound was 10X better at Hartford? Not that it was bad at MSG, Hartford just sounded so clean. Like I was listening to a CD.

Yea I noticed that. It sounded crisp. Eddies voice was very clear when he wanted it to be.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Great show glad I missed a bus/train for it. :D