Options

Right Wing Conservative Americans Make Me Laugh

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,871
    edited September 2015
    I think its fantastic that after he addresses Congress , he is going to go feed and eat with the homeless in DC. Instead of have lunch with the party leaders from both sides of the aisle as well as both chambers.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    mickeyrat said:

I think its fantastic that after he addresses Congress , he is going to go feed and eat with the homeless in DC. Instead of have lunch with the party leaders from both sides of the aisle as well as both chambers.

righties will say he is just posturing because the world is watching.

isn't cognitive dissonance great??
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828

mickeyrat said:

Yes, some will say that, despite the fact that for many years he has primarily ministered to the poor rather than the privileged.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

mickeyrat said:

Yes, some will say that, despite the fact that for many years he has primarily ministered to the poor rather than the privileged.
    that is what jesus said we are supposed to do. he walks the walk more than most people.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    I wonder how right wing catholics reconcile their beliefs with the Pope's message? There has to be a lot of conflict there.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

I wonder how right wing catholics reconcile their beliefs with the Pope's message? There has to be a lot of conflict there.

I'm hoping a turning point for many.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,871
    callen said:

I'm hoping a turning point for many.
    $ wins.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

I would hope there would be a lot of conflict for any American Catholic who is living in the current century. How do left wing Catholics reconcile their beliefs with the church's doctrines (gay marriage, reproductive rights, gender equality, etc...)?
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

I would hope there would be a lot of conflict for any American Catholic who is living in the current century. How do left wing Catholics reconcile their beliefs with the church's doctrines (gay marriage, reproductive rights, gender equality, etc...)?
    same as any other christian sect. they don't follow the parts of the bible that they don't like.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I think that goes with any (religious) sect, gimme.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

No.
    Muslims don't fuck around.
    It's all in.
  • Options

hedonist said:

No.
    It's all in.
    Care to expound?

Otherwise, I'm gonna have BB take on some of my all-in-don't-fuck-with-us Jewish relatives of mine.

Nart! It's on, brother =)
  • Options
    hedonist said:

hedonist said:

No.
    It's all in.
    Care to expound?

Otherwise, I'm gonna have BB take on some of my all-in-don't-fuck-with-us Jewish relatives of mine.

Nart! It's on, brother =)
    I am of the faith to not argue.
    My religion is called "God"
    It has a nice ring, people in general seem to like it and its catchy.
    Please don't argue with me as I am god.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Welp, Boehner resigning. Things are about to get a lot more crazy.
  • Options
    Cliffy, my husband just told me about that. I asked him why and he said "because he's a dick".

I would love to see Boehner actually say those words.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Maybe he had a revelation of conscious after meeting the Pope yesterday. He did look really moved by it.

If he was, I would rather him stay and try and be a force for good.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    hedonist said:

Cliffy, my husband just told me about that. I asked him why and he said "because he's a dick".

I would love to see Boehner actually say those words.

hahahah
  • Options
    mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353

funny how the republicans have turned on the pope.

They would actually be the group screaming in favor of the crucifixion of Jesus. Funny how they have literally become the modern day Pharisees...

social conservatives sure care a lot about what other people are doing...and they sure believe that EVERYTHING in the world has more control over their kids behavior than they do...I guess if you, yourself, can't behave with any semblance of consistency how on earth can you trust your kids to behave when you are their model?
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,589
    edited September 2015
    Meanwhile, there has to be at least one person in the group who uses puppets as sex toys during gay orgies. These groups are full of pathetic hypocrites who are trying to "cure" what they consider their own sexual deviances (I am not suggesting that being gay is deviant, of course). Same thing with priests.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,589

See??! You guys can't help but tarnish the good name that is Jesus h Christ!

The h is for holiness
    you know what people should be offended by?

your avatar.

seriously, has anybody here clicked on your name and looked at it up close?

if not, it contains cosby wearing a confederate flag dress, jared from subway, obama, guns, planned parenthood logo, and a lion holding a massive double headed marital aid.

jesus would probably be ashamed. embarrassed at least.
    I actually think it's one of the best avatars currently being used on the boards. I love it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

The h is for holiness

your avatar.

if not, it contains cosby wearing a confederate flag dress, jared from subway, obama, guns, planned parenthood logo, and a lion holding a massive double headed marital aid.

I actually think it's one of the best avatars currently being used on the boards. I love it.
    Why are you picking on gimmie? Didn't you see that photo of him? He never got to fully rock out and now you're saying he's wrong.

Just pile on why dontcha? Pile on because he didn't get to rip a solo and was used as a prop.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

They would actually be the group screaming in favor of the crucifixion of Jesus. Funny how they have literally become the modern day Pharisees...

social conservatives sure care a lot about what other people are doing...and they sure believe that EVERYTHING in the world has more control over their kids behavior than they do...I guess if you, yourself, can't behave with any semblance of consistency how on earth can you trust your kids to behave when you are their model?
    they have done just that mike. i completely agree with you.

i am actually sad to see it happen.

good to see you around here. the train has sorely missed your contributions.

hope all is well with you, man.

• Options
    i agree with this too. i have never, ever, liked boehner. i do respect him for standing up to the crazies in his party. i think he saw the writing on the wall that the tea party was going to take over the house and he could not stop them. to be honest, i am kind of surprised he made it this long. but at the same time, he should finish out his elected term, otherwise he is the new sarah palin. i would rather not run again, rather than be forced out by the moron faction of my own party.

• Options
    maybe he saw the writing on the electoral wall that the gop is going to lose in 2016 and he did not want to be the man responsible for it. maybe he would rather hand his successor the knife and let them cut their own wrist.

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

The h is for holiness

your avatar.

Why are you picking on gimmie? Didn't you see that photo of him? He never got to fully rock out and now you're saying he's wrong.

Just pile on why dontcha? Pile on because he didn't get to rip a solo and was used as a prop.
    i just saw this. made me laugh out loud, because i totally didn't get to fully rock. i was used as a prop. something to stand on, haha...

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    What happens when (almost) all of our AMT threads come together - republicans, gay marriage, immigration .... and guns!

http://www.salon.com/2015/09/25/the_most_bizarre_gop_primary_ad_so_far_conservative_challenger_suggests_shell_shoot_moderate_republicans_or_something/
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757

What happens when (almost) all of our AMT threads come together - republicans, gay marriage, immigration .... and guns!

http://www.salon.com/2015/09/25/the_most_bizarre_gop_primary_ad_so_far_conservative_challenger_suggests_shell_shoot_moderate_republicans_or_something/

Good grief! Almost thought it was The Onion for a minute. Seems like a lot of the world is Onion like these days. Sometime not sure whether to laugh or puke. Craziness!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

The h is for holiness

your avatar.

i just saw this. made me laugh out loud, because i totally didn't get to fully rock. i was used as a prop. something to stand on, haha...
    Hahahaha!

Glad you saw the humour I was trying for (there was also a tone I was intending to replicate).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

Left Van Halen show last night and fundies peached to exiting concert growers. Really sad but thought same thing, aren't you judging.

Oh Diamond Dave needs to retire. Horrible
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG