Options

Pearl Jam to play The Late Show with Stephen Colbert Wednesday Sept 23rd

Comments

• Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,751
    edited September 2015
    Best performance from Pearl Jam on TV in some time.
    Post edited by PJammin' on
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,936
    edited September 2015
    Stephen & Pearl Jam Perform "Rockin In The Free World"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K_LFVFKZKw
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,302
    demetrios said:

Great performance. There's something about the way Mike started his solo that is just perfect. It's like he's saying "Step aside boys, I got this!"
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    KartsKarts Posts: 116
    Best PJ on TV in a very long time. Did not expect that. Band tighter than ever and EV surprisingly in top form.
  • Options
    Karts said:

Best PJ on TV in a very long time. Did not expect that. Band tighter than ever and EV surprisingly in top form.

Yeah. A lot better than the days of Olé on Fallon.

MYM was GREAT.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Thank you !!!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,951
    edited September 2015
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Stephen Colbert seemed so thrilled in the end. Haha.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,912
    wow that was awesome! and my man stone is looking young again!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

I honestly cannot thank the selfless individual that was responsible for turning what was one of the worst birthdays of my life into one of the best enough. In a span of like 5 hours I went from being completely screwed over by a bunch of people to having one do something for me I will NEVER, EVER, EVER forget. Seeing PJ play RITFW from 9 feet away from me, and Eddie crowd surfing from even less than that.. Incredible, incredible, incredible. ...

Thank you for helping restore my faith in humanity 10c.

Eddie crowd surfed on the show? Where can I see that?!

And I noticed that Colbert added some swag to his step after MYM. Yeah, he felt the PJ magic!
    The guys all looked great. Loved Eddie's t-shirt.
  • Options

Saltzy23 said:

I honestly cannot thank the selfless individual that was responsible for turning what was one of the worst birthdays of my life into one of the best enough. In a span of like 5 hours I went from being completely screwed over by a bunch of people to having one do something for me I will NEVER, EVER, EVER forget. Seeing PJ play RITFW from 9 feet away from me, and Eddie crowd surfing from even less than that.. Incredible, incredible, incredible. ...

And I noticed that Colbert added some swag to his step after MYM. Yeah, he felt the PJ magic!
    Vedder didn't "crowd surf". He did run half way up the seating area on top of the seats though. Pretty damn cool though!
  • Options

Saltzy23 said:

Vedder didn't "crowd surf". He did run half way up the seating area on top of the seats though. Pretty damn cool though!
    Thanks for clarifying. Yeah, still cool! The band had great energy!
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited September 2015
    Oh I love this band.

And what a fitting song. MYM after papal talk in opening.

Kicking self for not getting to NYC. Having serious withdrawals.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347

Saltzy23 said:

Yeah, should have more clear. It was pretty damn awesome though....
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

He played to the fans which was great! I was second row aisle on the left side. Couldn't believe how close we were!!!

• Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    callen said:

Oh I love this band.

And what a fitting song.

Kicking self for not getting to NYC.

Up till now I was reasonably content with the fact that I didn't win tickets. After watching the show I want to throw caution to the wind (I live in upstate NY so it isn't impossible to get there), head down on Saturday, and stand outside the perimeter of central park to at least listen to the show if I I don't manage to get in. It's easy enough to get a train into penn and stay with my daughter in Brooklyn.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options

demetrios said:

Thank you !!!
    Wowwww , thanks so much!
    NYC 9/26/15
    Mexico City 11/28/15
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited September 2015
    JaneNY said:

callen said:

Oh I love this band.

And what a fitting song.

Kicking self for not getting to NYC.

Up till now I was reasonably content with the fact that I didn't win tickets. After watching the show I want to throw caution to the wind (I live in upstate NY so it isn't impossible to get there), head down on Saturday, and stand outside the perimeter of central park to at least listen to the show if I I don't manage to get in. It's easy enough to get a train into penn and stay with my daughter in Brooklyn.
    You have to go. Do it!!!!!!!! And I know you can get a ticket. Ask around.

Someone have a spare?
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    Wow........ that was the best PJ televised performance since Dave in 1996. You guys(Suzie, Chris and all the others) really represented the fans well. I loved the chant. Colbert was feeding on the energy. I bet he wishes he had a crowd like that everyday.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

I don't know - sure looked like quasi crowd surfing from where I stood (about 20 feet to the right). Also, I love that I am debating this instead of catching up on the work I missed yesterday... Either way, it was truly remarkable experience - bring on GCF!
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL)
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,320
    Glad you guys had a great time!

I'm hoping to go Friday. Any sense of whether they'll release more tickets or if you can get in without a ticket?
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    lolobugg said:

Wow........ that was the best PJ televised performance since Dave in 1996. You guys(Suzie, Chris and all the others) really represented the fans well. I loved the chant. Colbert was feeding on the energy. I bet he wishes he had a crowd like that everyday.

I'm telling you, I watched him the whole way as he was walking off the stage after the show ended and he was completely amped. He had no idea that was gonna happen just like everyone else didn't and he definitely got his first good hit of the PJ high. It was so cool to see it. We had to be his favorite crowd so far of the new version of the show.

He had to settle himself down for a few minutes before they recorded the homage to Yogi Berra afterwards, which didn't even air due to how awesome RITFW was.

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    Saltzy23 said:

lolobugg said:

I'm telling you, I watched him the whole way as he was walking off the stage after the show ended and he was completely amped. He had no idea that was gonna happen just like everyone else didn't and he definitely got his first good hit of the PJ high. It was so cool to see it. We had to be his favorite crowd so far of the new version of the show.

He had to settle himself down for a few minutes before they recorded the homage to Yogi Berra afterwards, which didn't even air due to how awesome RITFW was.

:clap:
    I am glad you got to see it live.
    like I said before.... you guys made us proud. awesome crowd.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I looked around at the non-PJ people around me during some of the performance - the looks on their faces were priceless. - one thing that was omitted from the TV interview, Stephen called Pearl Jam "Dad Rock" - after RITFW - I'm betting he regretted saying that. It was one of my favourite PJ live moments - and I am proud to say I am a Jammer as both the Band and its fans ripped the fucking roof of the Ed Sullivan theatre last night. KORITFW!!!!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Saltzy23 said:

lolobugg said:

I just watched it again, Colbert was totally floored. He said like 5 times "You don't get to do that every day!".

Off the charts. I wasn't expecting that vibe at all. I was at one of the Fallon tapings from 2013 and was standing behind Matt Cameron (check out the fool in the green sweater with a goofy grin in the videos during Sirens LOL) but this performance blew that one out of the water!!!
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    Man, I turned off my TV once they went to commercial after MYM. Would've loved to catch RITFW even for a minute! I'll check it out when I have free time today
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Ok- WHAT a day! Got there with FrankieG around 10:40, ended up being 44th & 45th in line when all was said and done. Great to meet new friends (hi Nicole & SVRDhand13!!), and hang around with some old friends. Waited til 2:30, where they gave us all numbers, and told us to get back on line at 3:30. At this time we should have waited around stage doors to meet Mike & Jeff, but missed out on that. Congrats to all that met them! Such nice guys. I do have some consolation, as I have had the pleasure of meeting both before. Isn't it the best when the people we idolize are incredibly nice, as well? Awesome. Lined up in numerical order at 3:30, where they brought us inside the building and we waited some more, until we were seated. Frankie and I thought we were going to get these prime seats, in a 2nd row seat of 5, but two were roped off, so we were brought to the leftmost side of the 3rd row, which offered us lots of space to rock out and jump around in, which was great! A comedian warmed us up, Stephen came out for a short Q&A, and the show began!

What a treat to be in that audience. We were LOUD!!! I'm pretty sure Colbert's staff was even impressed! It was awesome to have the band being interviewed, was totally not expecting that. MYM was fantastic, sounded great in studio, and even better watching the YouTube vid. Definitely the best the band's sounded on TV in a while, and easily one of the cleanest and best MYM's to date. After a rousing 'ONE MORE SONG!' chant, all parties agreed, and RITFW was unleashed, with Stephen guesting. Everyone was having a blast, there were even members of Colbert's stage staff who were bouncing up and down the whole time with us! It really got me pumped for this Saturday! Can't wait for GCF!!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Amazing. One of their best TV performances ever. The fact this is happening after 25 years is just unbelievable. BEST BAND EVER.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    edited September 2015
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Great performance...not my favorite tunes but they rocked it
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana