Options

Pearl Jam to play The Late Show with Stephen Colbert Wednesday Sept 23rd

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283

Nine days later and I still can't comprehend how awesome this experience ended up being.

still a good buzz a week later :)

Hell yeah! Seriously magical what happened in there.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    That 10 minutes was better than the 7 hours I spent at the GCF. That was one of the absolute coolest things I've ever witnessed, and I've seen a lot of shit.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    Saltzy23 said:

That 10 minutes was better than the 7 hours I spent at the GCF. That was one of the absolute coolest things I've ever witnessed, and I've seen a lot of shit.

Good to know since I missed GCF haha
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Pearl Jam is like pizza - it's always good
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    Not on here much lately but would love to share our experience :) I have to say this was one of the best weeks of my life. We all flew into NY Wednesday morning, met up at the hotel by 9 am. By 10:30 we walked up to the theater, passing by Pearl Jam's equipment boxes & Rupert's Deli. We were all so excited. In checking out the line we counted about 30 people & I parked myself there & declared I was not moving. The group agreed & we settled in.
    A five hour wait in NY to see the show was nothing compared to the five hour wait during Wrigley for merch. Pleasant weather made all the difference ;) Plus, talking & hanging out with fans is always special. For me at least. I ran up to the front of the line to say hello, met SVRDhand (among others) scored some delightful Deli sammies served by Rupert himself & just simply enjoyed being with our tour mates. Months of planning had culminated into something only dreamed of before hand. Our numbers to get in were #47 - #52.
    Once inside we watched VIP's & family pass right on in so we figured the balcony section was going to be cut off for those outside in line. And it was. Our group ended up 5th row right in front of where they set up for the band. My heart was thumping. When we saw them putting out 5 chairs for the interview we knew something special was happening right then. And for me, special could not even begin to cover it. From start to finish being a part of TV history was so interesting & the time flew.
    Mind Your Manners was invigorating. The crowd was on fire. The guys happy to be there & sounding wonderful. After MYM we all went ape-shit for more & there was no doubt they would do another song. RITFW was okay with us!
    The very best part of the whole shebang was when Eddie came out into the audience. He came right out to us where we held him up until he turns around to go back. Ohmyfrickengawd, what a moment.
    Epic show, fabulous audience, stellar memories. Walking miles through this glorious, stinky, wonderful city over the next few days with friends was everything we could have asked for. Ending up in Central Park at just the right time for soundcheck was the ultimate gift. Having Mike walk right up to us & say hello was unreal (If your friends with me on Facebook I have amazing photos from the soundcheck & of Mike) Experiencing Wishlist, the whole day at Central Park for GCF ....wow. I felt incredibly lucky & got to spend this time with people we met through this band. Some of the best most loving & giving friends I am blessed to know & love.People we cannot wait to spend more time with. Was hard to match Colbert show day for me but we can't wait to give it a shot next tour!! Hope to see many of you there :)
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095

Not on here much lately but would love to share our experience :) I have to say this was one of the best weeks of my life. We all flew into NY Wednesday morning, met up at the hotel by 9 am. By 10:30 we walked up to the theater, passing by Pearl Jam's equipment boxes & Rupert's Deli. We were all so excited. In checking out the line we counted about 30 people & I parked myself there & declared I was not moving. The group agreed & we settled in.
    A five hour wait in NY to see the show was nothing compared to the five hour wait during Wrigley for merch. Pleasant weather made all the difference ;) Plus, talking & hanging out with fans is always special. For me at least. I ran up to the front of the line to say hello, met SVRDhand (among others) scored some delightful Deli sammies served by Rupert himself & just simply enjoyed being with our tour mates. Months of planning had culminated into something only dreamed of before hand. Our numbers to get in were #47 - #52.
    Once inside we watched VIP's & family pass right on in so we figured the balcony section was going to be cut off for those outside in line. And it was. Our group ended up 5th row right in front of where they set up for the band. My heart was thumping. When we saw them putting out 5 chairs for the interview we knew something special was happening right then. And for me, special could not even begin to cover it. From start to finish being a part of TV history was so interesting & the time flew.
    Mind Your Manners was invigorating. The crowd was on fire. The guys happy to be there & sounding wonderful. After MYM we all went ape-shit for more & there was no doubt they would do another song. RITFW was okay with us!
    The very best part of the whole shebang was when Eddie came out into the audience. He came right out to us where we held him up until he turns around to go back. Ohmyfrickengawd, what a moment.
    Epic show, fabulous audience, stellar memories. Walking miles through this glorious, stinky, wonderful city over the next few days with friends was everything we could have asked for. Ending up in Central Park at just the right time for soundcheck was the ultimate gift. Having Mike walk right up to us & say hello was unreal (If your friends with me on Facebook I have amazing photos from the soundcheck & of Mike) Experiencing Wishlist, the whole day at Central Park for GCF ....wow. I felt incredibly lucky & got to spend this time with people we met through this band. Some of the best most loving & giving friends I am blessed to know & love.People we cannot wait to spend more time with. Was hard to match Colbert show day for me but we can't wait to give it a shot next tour!! Hope to see many of you there :)

Awesome! I was right in front of you guys outside of Colbert, #43 and 44 in line.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890

Plus, talking & hanging out with fans is always special. For me at least. I ran up to the front of the line to say hello, met SVRDhand (among others)

It was nice meeting you!!!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,853

Excellent story, thanks for sharing :smile:
  • Options

Plus, talking & hanging out with fans is always special. For me at least. I ran up to the front of the line to say hello, met SVRDhand (among others)

It was nice meeting you!!!
    Very nice to meet you & FrankieG too :)
  • Options
    jjflash said:

Excellent story, thanks for sharing :smile:
    You're welcome!!!

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I think this one was hell of a highlight to my Pearl Jam experiences :-)
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    There was a "cropduster" in that lobby, though. The stench didn't even seem human.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    dankind said:

There was a "cropduster" in that lobby, though. The stench didn't even seem human.

true that.....i swear it was NOT me!!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,939
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,836
    Great pic Demetrios! I just watched RITFW again which was so good. Probably my top three all time Pearl Jam experiences(Colbert Show).
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,435
    edited September 2020
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,435
    The bump can be confusing as today is Wednesday as well
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,939
    Helped so many folks with tickets to this event.
    Good times! :)