derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

kg162716 said:

Fuck me...
    Taz 350$
    Emek foil 575$
    Ames 300$
    Already bid on the bay

Hopefully Sperry does a print in Brazil...I'm
    Going to grab a couple there...maybe they'll have a pop up shop in rio...lol

That Taz print is an abomination
    Did you see the foil version of the Taz print??
    It's even worse than the original...
    BLLEEEECCCHHH!!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    photo il_570xN.824839135_13gh_zpsikfq7pax.jpg
    A concert experience in Chicago w/ The Foo Fighters 2015
    I think I have been spoiled by Pearl Jam, in regard to concert experiences. But I would like to share my latest experience for the Foo Fighters show at Wrigley Field.
    I first/last time I saw the Foo Fighters was when they were opening for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers in 2000. Sorry in advance for spelling and grammar errors - ENJOY!!!
    First, I was not planning to go to Wrigley again (for a concert) since I had been there 2 years prior to see Pearl Jam and did think the cost was warranted or that concert experience could be topped. But a post in the Lost Dogs forum for two "free" tickets changed my mind. I contacted the Ten Club member and within a few minutes they contacted me and said I could have a pair if I did two things: Meet before the show and write a description of "my concert experience." I knew the concert was "Sold out" and had been for a very long time. I was quick to jump at the chance to pick up the pair of tickets. So, I was sent a link to print the tickets - I was confused - 2 tickets - Aisle 211 - row 10 - seat 12 and Aisle 213 - row 10 - seat 112 - they were not together, 2 tickets to a completely sold out show - I was going to find a way to sit with my wife during the show.
    I HAD 2 TICKETS TO THE SHOW!!!! So the week went by, my wife and I booked a room to stay Friday and Saturday night in Chicago. Finally, Friday came and we packed the car and left around noon and arrived around 2 PM local time. We live in SW Michigan. We checked into the hotel room and unpacked our bags. As we made our way to street I could not help but notice buzz for the show was already building - people everywhere were wearing an "online-only" shirt Wrigley Foos shirt for tomorrow's concert. (Pearl Jam could take note and do something like this!)
    Anyway, after an hour of walking around/shopping my wife decides to go into Victoria's Secret - she didn't come out for almost another hour!!!! While she was shopping, I sat outside checking my phone and looking around trying to amuse myself. To my utter amazement, I look up from my phone and see this fellow:
    photo IMG_9397_zpseowirzjy.jpg
    Taylor Hawkins - the Drummer of the Foo Fighters
    Not really sure as to what to say, I say " Hey what's up man, how is the tour going?
    He was like "Good." I ask, "Can I take a photo with you.?"
    "Sure" He replied. "Looking forward to seeing the show tomorrow." I excitedly say.
    "Cool, Man" We fist bump and he leaves.
    I felt like a total dork. I am not good at taking selfies and when you add the nervous energy of meeting a big-time rock star - you can imagine the scene. :)
    After waiting another 30 minutes or so, my wife emerges from the store and I tell my crazy/amazing story. We leave and eat dinner and retire to our hotel room.
    Saturday - Concert Day
    Still pretty buzzed about meeting Taylor, I wake up we eat some breakfast and do some more shopping for the first half of the day.
    Lunch time comes - Giordano's Pizza and a Goose Island beer - a pretty good combo!!!
    photo IMG_9419_zps7r5tusct.jpg
    After we eat and make it back it is almost time to make our way to Wrigley!!!
    We take the Red Line, which thankfully for us, is very close to our hotel. It's raining. (Shout out to Wife's superior planning skill) The Foo Fighters have taken over Chicago - all I can see is a sea of Foo Fighters shirts. I see a few PJ ones too, I wore mine. :) We arrive at Wrigley - about 30-45 minutes before the show starts. I feel bad because the board member that gifted me the tickets wanted to meet-up before the show at a local bar - but my wife and I were unable to do so. (I failed to mention we brought our young daughter to Chicago with a babysitter also.) So I text said board member, (who chooses to remain anonymous) and find out where they and a friend are located in the stadium. We meet, and have a nice conversation - mostly revolving around Pearl Jam, of course. I offer to buy beers but they turn me down - all they want in return is two show stickers and the promise to write up a summarization of my "experience" of the concert. We (the board member, my wife and I) make our way to the merch booth.
    photo IMG_9455_zpszl5fc773.jpg
    I don't care what anyone says, it was like a Pearl Jam show in regards to merchandise. People pushing, people shoving - that whole shit show. I guess it comes with the turf. I picked up a shirt for the wife, a shirt/stickers for me and a wrist band for my daughter. I sadly was not able to pick up any show poster/prints as they were already sold out.
    PM me if you have one for reasonable price. :)
    I have a love/hate affair with concert merchandise. I act like a crazy person when it comes to acquiring it - thanks PJ!!! I have learned how to handle it better as of late. I am of the mindset - now, I am going to enjoy the show and have a good time instead of worrying about stuff. I can probably find it later for 10X the original price.
    So, after meeting the our new "friend" my wife and I make or way to our seats. We find hers and we then wander over a section to find mine. But we end up right back where her seat was - these seats are right next to each other! Who would have thought Aisle 211 - row 10 - seat 12 and Aisle 213 - row 10 - seat 112 would have been right next tot each other?
    So after that bit of bewilderment, my wife and I do a bunch of laps around the stadium during Urge Overkill and Naked Raygun. We took a few minutes to enjoy each of the bands but agreed they were really not our cup of tea. But we made it back to our seat by the time Cheap Trick came on. I really like them. I can really see why Mike McCready idolizes Rick Nielsen and tries to emulate him a bit during PJ shows, what a showman.
    Next come the Foos, they really know how to get the show going and play 3 very high-energy songs, Everlong - Monkey Wrench and Learn to Fly. Then, in my eyes it gets weird, - they do the whole Van Halen cover band stuff - I get it - Van Halen was good and you guys can play their stuff. Apparently they have been doing this all tour. But do something different - this is Wrigley!!!! They play a handful more of the hits, but the wife and I know curfew is 11 and we do not want to get stuck in the mess of people - we leave during This is a Call. The subway ride is smooth and we have one more drink at the hotel bars and one last giggle/smile about "The Foos in Chicago."
    Overall, this was a fantastic time, and the Foo Fighters are a good band and they put on a loud f*cking rock show, I could not be more grateful to the board member who gave me the tickets. I will never forget the generosity and am looking forward to paying it forward. Thank you so much!!!!
    If anything, this should be held as another fine example of the giving and general awesomeness the people whom reside here on the Pearl Jam Ten Club Forum!!!!
    KORITFW!!!!!!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,452

So demetrios please keep us informed as to when the emek will go on sale.
    I would love to have both the ames and emek s/n.

Please don't keep everyone informed. It makes it harder for people that really want something to get it.
    Ha ha. That's a really funny joke.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,853

KORITFW!!!!!!

Enjoyed reading about your trip, Buck. Sounds like a great time and awesome that Taylor was walking somewhat incognito around the streets and you got to meet him. Also, always good to hear about the unsurprising generosity of Pearl Jam fans :smile:
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,452
    Great recap and cool move by the board member who hooked you up with tickets. :smiley:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,770
    demetrios said:

So demetrios please keep us informed as to when the emek will go on sale.
    I would love to have both the ames and emek s/n.

Please don't keep everyone informed. It makes it harder for people that really want something to get it.
    I'm 100% positive I'm not the only one keeping everyone informed on poster sales. There are probably thousands of fan's who receive EMEK's newsletter. And every social media account there is info & news about new poster drops. Posting the info here on a Pearl Jam forum won't make a difference.

I would put the blame on EMEK for not doing random poster sales. Instead of telling everyone what day & time they go up, he should just put the posters on sale NOW. That would shock EVERYONE!! :p
    I think your doing a great job!
    Thanks as always for the inside scoop much obliged :)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    kg162716kg162716 Posts: 567
    So it's safe to assume nobody grabbed me an emek!!!!
    Lol...
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    That pizza looks awesome.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    kg162716 said:

Lol...

Between the pop up shop, the outside booths saturday AM, and the inside boots, i didnt come across a single poster
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options

kg162716 said:

Lol...

Between the pop up shop, the outside booths saturday AM, and the inside boots, i didnt come across a single poster
    I didn't expect it, they were nice posters...They get gobbled up fast
    Thx for at least trying!!!
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,543
    RS151862 said:

That pizza looks awesome.

It is. Giordano's is definitely worth the effort. I try hitting up at every visit to CHI.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Another reason to like these guys - from their website - Selected ‪#‎WrigleyField‬ merch is now available at the online store.
    Get it here: http://bit.ly/Chimerch
    More info on posters coming later this week, we are working to meet the demand. So PLEASE don’t get price gouged on Ebay just yet!! "
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601

Another reason to like these guys - from their website - Selected ‪#‎WrigleyField‬ merch is now available at the online store.
    More info on posters coming later this week, we are working to meet the demand. So PLEASE don’t get price gouged on Ebay just yet!! "

Very cool. Sounds like they are planning on another print run.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Posters sold out before we could get to them both at the pop up shop and at the show. Along with the only item I wanted, the hoodie. Now it's $45 (not including shipping) on the website and I'm torn. Probably not gonna shell out the $$. Oh well! Saved me money! :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Were they up on the site??
    Did i miss it?? Lol
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,233
    PJ_Soul said:

Thought 10c shipping was bad, $22.35 to ship pair of socks first class to canada!
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Horse2345 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Thought 10c shipping was bad, $22.35 to ship pair of socks first class to canada!
    Yeah, I looked into some socks earlier this summer. Shipping was brutal so I decided against it

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,920

Be warned though. I've seen 3 folks who received their Zolton Foo Fighters print from the Foo Fighters store day's ago and it was horrible packaging. Poster arrived damaged by gorilla hands. Very thin tube. If you're thinking about receiving a minty fresh poster from the FF store, think again. The 3 did receive a full refund cause the store didn't have any prints left in stock.
  • Options
    FlameryFlamery New York Posts: 256
    Shop.foofighters.com
    They're on sale now!
  • Options
    thanks for the heads up :)
  • Options
    Flamery said:

Shop.foofighters.com
    They're on sale now!

Sweet!!

Wrigley Werewolf Online Exclusive Poster Variant of the poster from the show at Wrigley Field on August 29, 2015. Limited Band Edition of 350 units, each hand numbered. 20" x 36" http://shop.foofighters.com/collections/wrigley-field/products/wrigley-werewolf-online-exclusive-poster

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Looks like they are all gone now.
  • Options
    Sold out!
  • Options
    will trade this variant for emek show edition - PM me :blush:
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    And a half dozen are already for purchase on the 'bay...
  • Options
    somebody has to take the flipper reigns when PJ isn't touring
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    It's the same people that flip PJ stuff. Just a different band.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited September 2015

All because of a thread on the porch about Foo Fighters on a Pearl Jam website.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144

All because of a thread on the porch about Foo Fighters on a Pearl Jam website.
    Eh, I doubt that. I think the OP doubted the flippability of Foos merch, specifically posters.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I'd like to think I'm responsible for the Foos Wrigley poster success, but i doubt that...lol
    I didn't even get one of the second run ffs....

I'll likely get a S/N emek on his drop day since that's usually quite easy