Options

Mad Season Seattle Symphony Sonic Evolution Vinyl Delay

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,936
    Horse2345 said:

Sonic Evolution vinyl is available on Amazon.
    why does 10 Club do business w/ Czech Republic of all places??
    majority of vinyl manufacturers are 6 locations in U.S.

Thats what i was saying, i think a lot of Amazon orders will be cancelled like Sevens
    Every Amazon warehouse in various countries were taking pre orders of Sevens hours before they went up for sale @ the 10club store. None of those Amazon store pre orders came through.

Just make note. Whenever you see Amazon taking pre orders on a new Pearl Jam product, DO NOT place an order with them. Just don't do it.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    edited August 2015
    demetrios said:

Horse2345 said:

Thats what i was saying, i think a lot of Amazon orders will be cancelled like Sevens
    Every Amazon warehouse in various countries were taking pre orders of Sevens hours before they went up for sale @ the 10club store. None of those Amazon store pre orders came through.

Just make note. Whenever you see Amazon taking pre orders on a new Pearl Jam product, DO NOT place an order with them. Just don't do it.
    Agreed. They can't be trusted to fulfill. Even if they do, their pre-orders are often insanely late. I remember ordering the first 3 Led Zeppelin remasters through Amazon pre-sale, and while everyone else got them on or soon after release day, I didn't get the ones I pre-ordered months earlier from Amazon until about 50 days after the release. The same thing has happened with other pre-sales as well. I'll never do an Amazon pre-sale again. Better to just wait until the release date to purchase, once it's confirmed they have them in hand.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Any chance European orders can be dispatched straight from the Czech Republic rather than adding thousands of air miles to/from Seattle and masses of additional wait time :)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    Good thing "they" were upfront with all this information.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    I'm assuming this is pressed at GZ. I'm sure 10c/PJ are pressing there because its where they can get a record pressed in a reasonable window (which is now 4-6 months everywhere in the US).

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

For me it's less that they aren't doing the "made in the USA" thing, and more about the fact that the pressings they have done in Eastern Europe have been terrible in terms of quality control.

Pretty sure the only other records PJ has had pressed there are Vaults 3 and 4. I know many people had issues with 4 that 10c corrected, but I'm pretty sure 3 was highly regarded. GZ generally has a very good reputation. Though I'm sure with increased demand for vinyl, most plants may have a QC lapse.

Many US artists and labels are pressing at GZ, its not irregular.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    Yeah I guess history helped me decide to buy from the 10c on this one since I didn't know if it would be limited/exclusive to 10c or not. I can see why they don't announce it- people would buy from other sources to avoid high shipping costs, etc....- but it's a shame they don't give anyone information and instead keep people in the dark so they get shut out of pre orders like this.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,976

Horse2345 said:

So this is through 10c only? Limited? They said not limited all orders would be filled?

Not sure who "they" might be?
    Mad Season Seattle Symphony Vinyl is available via Ten Club and a limited quantity via ThinkIndie/CIMS stores.
    Live at the Moore Vinyl is a non-exclusive and available everywhere.
    I wish we had known this info from the start. Will 10c be getting a second press done or is this completely sold out?
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,385

PJ_Soul said:

For me it's less that they aren't doing the "made in the USA" thing, and more about the fact that the pressings they have done in Eastern Europe have been terrible in terms of quality control.

Pretty sure the only other records PJ has had pressed there are Vaults 3 and 4. I know many people had issues with 4 that 10c corrected, but I'm pretty sure 3 was highly regarded. GZ generally has a very good reputation. Though I'm sure with increased demand for vinyl, most plants may have a QC lapse.

And let's not forget LB was from URP. Pressed in the USA does not always mean it will be better.
  • Options
    JB23237JB23237 Posts: 1,373
    Make it up to us and drop some sweet zippos in the shop today
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
    EV w/ PT celebrating the Who Rosemont Theatre Rosemont IL 2015
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

No, I know it's not irregular. But this is not one of the best plants. 10C should be using only the best. I'm sure everyone would rather wait longer for the best quality.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Hobbes said:

PJ_Soul said:

And let's not forget LB was from URP. Pressed in the USA does not always mean it will be better.
    True. Again, it's not about being in the USA. It's about using the best. 10C isn't and I wish they would.
    That said, I'm not agonizing over this. Yes, it's frustrating to receive a couple of albums from the 10C that are just completely fucked up. But I am glad they continue to release cool stuff. The Vaults and now these Mad Season releases are cool. Looking forward to more no matter where they are pressed. I just hope I'm not forced to smash anymore vinyl.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Nowhere has flawless production. GZ is very highly regarded. It's a great choice.
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Nowhere has flawless production. GZ is very highly regarded. It's a great choice.

Not sure how you can say that after Vault 4. If I were in charge I'd never come back to a company that handled a job like that. It was a profound failure.
    So was the LB release - hope they never use that company again either.
  • Options
    I can say that because I'm not gonna write them off because one record having issues when all the others I have pressed by them don't.

On top of that, they made it right by working with the 10c on replacing those records.

To be honest, you are gonna be disappointed by every pressing plant then. All have had issues at some point, and most will have more given demand for vinyl.
  • Options
    Croos1226Croos1226 philly burbs Posts: 336
    Press at Pallas in Germany, one of the most highly regarded plants in existence. Now I'm worried that these pressings from the Czech Republic will be warped from the heat before we ever get them.
  • Options
    SK203708SK203708 Posts: 48
    I can't believe that some of you are saying that GZ is a great plant to have your records pressed. You have your records pressed there because it's one of the cheapest plants - and their quality control surely reflects that. I have bought many bad pressings from that plant, Vault 4 just being one of them. That PJ goes back there after that debacle says a whole lot. Just go over to a site like Steve Hoffman and look what people are saying about GZ on there. They're supposed to have gotten better in the recent past, but why a "premiere" band like PJ can't have their pressed pressed at a premiere plant like Pallas (Germany), Optimal (Germany) or RTI (US) is beyond me.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    SK203708 said:

I can't believe that some of you are saying that GZ is a great plant to have your records pressed. You have your records pressed there because it's one of the cheapest plants - and their quality control surely reflects that. I have bought many bad pressings from that plant, Vault 4 just being one of them. That PJ goes back there after that debacle says a whole lot. Just go over to a site like Steve Hoffman and look what people are saying about GZ on there. They're supposed to have gotten better in the recent past, but why a "premiere" band like PJ can't have their pressed pressed at a premiere plant like Pallas (Germany), Optimal (Germany) or RTI (US) is beyond me.

Maybe they have a contract with GZ....

Plus, we're going to pay a premium for anything pressed at Pallas, and Pearl Jam might be trying to keep prices down for us.

And Pallas has issues as well. Neil Young's Cellar Door skips like hell, especially during the chorus of "Old Man," and no one ever did a damn thing to fix it. They just sent folks another copy from the same batch that had the same freakin' hot spots.

Sucks because it sounds amazing other than those spots, but they never repressed it to clear that up. The defect is on Pallas; the shitty service is on Warner Bros.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    BrothermoonBrothermoon West Kelowna, BC, Canada Posts: 475
    How can you figure out where a records been pressed? In know on some, it says gz vinyl in the dead wax. Just curious.
  • Options
    SK203708SK203708 Posts: 48
    dankind said:

SK203708 said:

Plus, we're going to pay a premium for anything pressed at Pallas, and Pearl Jam might be trying to keep prices down for us.

And Pallas has issues as well. Neil Young's Cellar Door skips like hell, especially during the chorus of "Old Man," and no one ever did a damn thing to fix it. They just sent folks another copy from the same batch that had the same freakin' hot spots.

Sucks because it sounds amazing other than those spots, but they never repressed it to clear that up. The defect is on Pallas; the shitty service is on Warner Bros.
    All plants produce a dud once in a while. With GZ it's the other way around - they produce a flawless pressing once in a while. You also have to differntiate if it was Pallas/US or Pallas/Germany who pressed the one you're refering to. Pallas/US is not as great as P/G. The contact you're refering to might be Universal - they're using GZ all the time and theit pressings (from there) reflect that. Just look at the first batch (EU) of the current Stones reissue of "Sticky Fingers" - there were huge problems as well. There are countless reasons why bands/labels who care about the quality of their product press at plants that are know for a top notch product.

Keeping the price low is nonsense. Given the choice, most people who actually spin the vinyl would rather pay 35$ for a truly great record than 20$ for a crapshoot.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    PJ_Soul said:

Not sure how you can say that after Vault 4. If I were in charge I'd never come back to a company that handled a job like that. It was a profound failure.
    Hate to say it but you're basically wishing the band never releases any vinyl ever again. LB was pressed at URP in Nashville. Also a very highly-renowned pressing plant. The largest in the US and they've been in the business forever. Motown & Vee-Jay used them. It's who Jack White uses for his TMR label.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,901
    The biggest problem I have had with GZ is that in the past their haze colored records were covered with a nice coating of what seemed like finely ground sand. I have many records that have been pressed by them and most of them are fine. I'm not saying they are a great plant, but many labels use them because of the turnaround time and price. If you buy a lot of new pressings of records you will just have to resign yourself to the fact that you will own quite a few GZ records.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    Since we have a delay, can't we get the presale going again? This is for charity, right?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    SK203708 said:

dankind said:

SK203708 said:

All plants produce a dud once in a while. With GZ it's the other way around - they produce a flawless pressing once in a while. You also have to differntiate if it was Pallas/US or Pallas/Germany who pressed the one you're refering to. Pallas/US is not as great as P/G. The contact you're refering to might be Universal - they're using GZ all the time and theit pressings (from there) reflect that. Just look at the first batch (EU) of the current Stones reissue of "Sticky Fingers" - there were huge problems as well. There are countless reasons why bands/labels who care about the quality of their product press at plants that are know for a top notch product.

Keeping the price low is nonsense. Given the choice, most people who actually spin the vinyl would rather pay 35$ for a truly great record than 20$ for a crapshoot.
    Neil uses Pallas Germany, I believe.

And, yeah, I was glad I held off on the Sticky Fingers reissues. Although, to be honest, I was hoping for a clear vinyl copy to continue that series (also pressed at GZ, but no problems with any of those on my end so far).

Also, agreed on the lower price vs. higher quality. Even on my workman's wages, I'll always go for the latter.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Who gives a shit. We'll get 'em eventually.
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    edited August 2015

PJ_Soul said:

Hate to say it but you're basically wishing the band never releases any vinyl ever again. LB was pressed at URP in Nashville. Also a very highly-renowned pressing plant. The largest in the US and they've been in the business forever. Motown & Vee-Jay used them. It's who Jack White uses for his TMR label.
    I'm obviously not wishing that the band never release vinyl again. I'm saying that when a press fucks up an album as bad as the the two that fucked up their albums, they should never ever go back to them, yet they have. It's crazy. It's like going to a salon, they butcher your hair, and then you go back the next time, just crossing your fingers that they don't massacre your hairdo again. It's just stupid.
  • Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    If anyone bought an extra of this and would like to help a friend out. Please let me know. Thanks.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I'm obviously not wishing that the band never release vinyl again. I'm saying that when a press fucks up an album as bad as the the two that fucked up their albums, they should never ever go back to them, yet they have. It's crazy. It's like going to a salon, they butcher your hair, and then you go back the next time, just crossing your fingers that they don't massacre your hairdo again. It's just stupid.
    totalsonic.net/vinylplants.htm

pitchfork.com/thepitch/363-vinyl-shortage/

Part of the issue is there are very few plants. And probably even less that can handle high demand. Not like there are many options for bands with large orders to choose from.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    Duncs said:

If anyone bought an extra of this and would like to help a friend out. Please let me know. Thanks.

Duncs,

I contacted Easy Street who told me they're expecting their full order and that I wouldn't have a problem (placed my order yesterday after Santos revealed that Amazon wouldn't be on the reseller list). Sounds like you can do the same :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    edited August 2015

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

totalsonic.net/vinylplants.htm

pitchfork.com/thepitch/363-vinyl-shortage/

Part of the issue is there are very few plants. And probably even less that can handle high demand. Not like there are many options for bands with large orders to choose from.
    True (didn't read the articles, but I'm well aware of the situation) - the problem is that the wait lists are super long. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd rather wait 9 months for the best quality than wait only 4 months for anything less.