Options

Great Cincy show BUTT!!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Sitting in your cube. That says it all. LMAO! Debbie Downer, there's nothing wrong with you that couldn't be cured with a little Prozac and a polo mallet. You light up a room when you leave it. I'd rather pass the world's largest kidney stone than read another post from you. You are depressing and a buzzkill. And your ego is in overdrive. To sum it up: Take a look at this map. See this little tiny island, way out in the Pacific Ocean? That's where the people who care about your negative "reviews" live. Cincinnati is far from "my city". Give me a break. I've seen the band all over the US and Cincy happens to be one of my least favorite cities. You are so self-absorbed that for some reason you think that your stupid assumptions are fact. And you didn't offer up any real points that I could see nor did you write a cool review with a negative slant, instead you wrote nothing but negative slam after negative slame. Nothing creative or even memorable, just nothing but negative, nasty comments. There's a big difference between giving your negative opinion in a cool/constructive way vs. what you did which was nothing but one nasty insult after another. You sure did change you tune though and attempted to save face with this new and improved "I'm just being a mature person who is offering up my honest unbiased opinion" shit. All anyone has to do is look at your previous comments before you decided to put on the mature act to see you were just trolling for trouble. First you call Ed a "retard" and then you call the whole crowd "lame" (which by the way, you were a part of the crowd so I guess that makes you lame too). It's funny that you claim to go to so many shows and act like you are some sort of Pearl Jam concert authority. Considering how ignorant you have behaved since the Cincy show, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you have never even seen the band and that you just sit in your "cube" all day and toss out insults because you don't have a life. I'll tell my mom and dad you said hi the next time I'm over at the graveyard, dumbass.

"Sure you could... the cincy crowd was LAME! Boston, NYC, Philly, D.C. and especially Pittsburgh were all better! Maybe that is why they got better shows!"

"The entire show was a letdown. Crowd was almost silent, setlist was boring. It was night and day between Pittsburgh Friday and Cincy Saturday."

"You people who think the crowd was good must not have been to many PJ shows."

"I was about the same place i was for all 9 shows I have been too. If you think Cincy was a great crowd, make the trip to another city and you will be amazed."

"Um... I think the 8 other shows I have been to this tour give me suitable experience to judge how the Cincy crowd was. So there is your proof. The real question Heidi... what are you basing your OPINION on?"

"Just because east coast shows were better, doesn't mean there is a bias. Pittsburgh (not east coast) was the best crowd this tour, per vedder himself. He said it was louder than NYC and Boston. Having been at all of those shows, I happen to agree. Trust me, I rarely agree with Vedder, he is a political retard."

Those are hardly constructive reviews. You need to work on your people skills buddy.

mdg164 wrote:
    Do your parents know you are on the computer? You are impossible to debate with. I make a valid point, you ignore it and spout gibberish.

People asked for opinions about the show, I gave them an honest unbiased opinion on how the show ranked against the other shows I have seen this tour. I am sorry that YOUR cincy show wasn't that good. That's what it comes down to, you are upset that I am saying bad things about YOUR show. You keep talking some nonesense about me defeding the east coast. Like I am sitting in my cube wearing an "East Coast Rocks" or a "Screw Cincy" shirt. It's absolutly ridiculous. You are the defensive one.

I am glad you had a good time, and since it seems it was your only show, then you won't know what you missed in other cities.
    Who made up, made up the myth
    that we were born to be covered in bliss?
    who set the standard, born to be rich?
    such fine examples, skinny little bitch
    model, role model, roll some models in blood
    get some flesh to stick, so they look like us
    i shit and i stink, i'm real, join the club
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    RockKing wrote:
    There's a strong possibility that's what happened. :)

Isn't it funny though? We always talk about Ed drinking too much, but I have a video of Baba in Cincy and there is an incredible difference between Ed and Pollard. Ed had surely had a lot to drink, but was doing his job marvelously. Pollard was wasted and pretty useless :p
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    meme wrote:
    Isn't it funny though? We always talk about Ed drinking too much, but I have a video of Baba in Cincy and there is an incredible difference between Ed and Pollard. Ed had surely had a lot to drink, but was doing his job marvelously. Pollard was wasted and pretty useless :p

Pollard was drinking as fast as he could during his set. Perhaps he continued that afterward and during PJ's 2.5 hours. That would explain it...
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    meme wrote:

Ed is an INCREDIBLE fully functioning drunk. He's one of the all time greats :)
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Options
    darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I personally thought the band KICKED MY ASS THE OTHER NIGHT!!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    RockKing wrote:
    Ed is an INCREDIBLE fully functioning drunk. He's one of the all time greats :)

so true.

i fucking love guided by voices but pollard seemed like a weird drunk uncle @ a party. not my uncle of course.
    take your money and your drugs.
  • Options
    RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    grace6697 wrote:
    so true.

i fucking love guided by voices but pollard seemed like a weird drunk uncle @ a party. not my uncle of course.

I know exactly what you means. At times, it was almost uncomfortable. Like, in a "Who's going to go get Uncle Bobby to come and sit down again this time?" kind of way. I thought the music was alright, though.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Options
    mdg164mdg164 Posts: 206
    Sitting in your cube. That says it all. LMAO! Debbie Downer, there's nothing wrong with you that couldn't be cured with a little Prozac and a polo mallet. You light up a room when you leave it. I'd rather pass the world's largest kidney stone than read another post from you. You are depressing and a buzzkill. And your ego is in overdrive. To sum it up: Take a look at this map. See this little tiny island, way out in the Pacific Ocean? That's where the people who care about your negative "reviews" live. Cincinnati is far from "my city". Give me a break. I've seen the band all over the US and Cincy happens to be one of my least favorite cities. You are so self-absorbed that for some reason you think that your stupid assumptions are fact. And you didn't offer up any real points that I could see nor did you write a cool review with a negative slant, instead you wrote nothing but negative slam after negative slame. Nothing creative or even memorable, just nothing but negative, nasty comments. There's a big difference between giving your negative opinion in a cool/constructive way vs. what you did which was nothing but one nasty insult after another. You sure did change you tune though and attempted to save face with this new and improved "I'm just being a mature person who is offering up my honest unbiased opinion" shit. All anyone has to do is look at your previous comments before you decided to put on the mature act to see you were just trolling for trouble. First you call Ed a "retard" and then you call the whole crowd "lame" (which by the way, you were a part of the crowd so I guess that makes you lame too). It's funny that you claim to go to so many shows and act like you are some sort of Pearl Jam concert authority. Considering how ignorant you have behaved since the Cincy show, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you have never even seen the band and that you just sit in your "cube" all day and toss out insults because you don't have a life. I'll tell my mom and dad you said hi the next time I'm over at the graveyard, dumbass.

And what's wrong with being educated and working in a cube? It's better than working on the fry machine! Or continually referencing one of the lamest SNL skits of all time. I am sorry I am being self absorbed becasue the Cincy show was the worst I've seen this tour... for no reason other than it was the worst I saw this tour. I offer up 8 other shows in comparison, and you offer, "It was bestest ever because I say so!!!!!" I guess I am also lame because I was part of a lame crowd, because one person could have single handedly made the crowd not lame. I had a choice to make the crowd not lame, but I didn't take it. Wow, you actually are from Dumbfuckastan. Tell your mom I said Hi.

P.S. Since you told me to listen to the boot to hear what Ed said... where should I listen? Oh yeah, it's not available yet. So we just have to trust your over active imagination for the time being.
    09/02/00 09/05/00
    04/25/03 05/02/03 5/3/03 6/24/03 6/28/03 7/5/03 7/6/03 7/11/03 7/12/03 7/14/03
    09/28/04 09/29/04 10/01/04 10/02/04
    09/28/05 09/30/05 10/03/05
    5/24/06 5/25/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 5/30/06 6/01/06 6/03/06 6/23/06 6/24/06 7/22/06 7/23/06
    6/20/08 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08
  • Options
    Ummm, SNL skits? WTF are you even talking about? Do you even know? Have you ever noticed that whenever you sit behind a keyboard, some idiot starts typing? You need Mark Twain's advice; "It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." Considering that you are about as entertaining as watching grass grow, I'm putting you on ignore. I've had just about enough of your immature negativity. So get back to your tiny educated cube. RoFLmAoooOOOoooo! Can't wait until the boot comes up so I can say I told you so.....;)
    mdg164 wrote:
    And what's wrong with being educated and working in a cube? It's better than working on the fry machine! Or continually referencing one of the lamest SNL skits of all time. I am sorry I am being self absorbed becasue the Cincy show was the worst I've seen this tour... for no reason other than it was the worst I saw this tour. I offer up 8 other shows in comparison, and you offer, "It was bestest ever because I say so!!!!!" I guess I am also lame because I was part of a lame crowd, because one person could have single handedly made the crowd not lame. I had a choice to make the crowd not lame, but I didn't take it. Wow, you actually are from Dumbfuckastan. Tell your mom I said Hi.

P.S. Since you told me to listen to the boot to hear what Ed said... where should I listen? Oh yeah, it's not available yet. So we just have to trust your over active imagination for the time being.
    Who made up, made up the myth
    that we were born to be covered in bliss?
    who set the standard, born to be rich?
    such fine examples, skinny little bitch
    model, role model, roll some models in blood
    get some flesh to stick, so they look like us
    i shit and i stink, i'm real, join the club
  • Options
    mdg164mdg164 Posts: 206
    Ummm, SNL skits? WTF are you even talking about? Do you even know? Have you ever noticed that whenever you sit behind a keyboard, some idiot starts typing? You need Mark Twain's advice; "It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." Considering that you are about as entertaining as watching grass grow, I'm putting you on ignore. I've had just about enough of your immature negativity. So get back to your tiny educated cube. RoFLmAoooOOOoooo! Can't wait until the boot comes up so I can say I told you so.....;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debbie_Downer
    You may be the biggest loser on the planet. A quick internet search turns up the lame SNL skit. Oh, and I am immature, for offering up an honest unbiased opinion on the Cincy show based on the other shows I have seen this tour. Do you realize how much childish crap you have posted throughout this thread?
    nanner nanner booo booo
    Seriously, if you are not 12, then you might want to reconsider posting like you are.

So I am going back to my cube to make enough money to see PJ as many times as I want to... and you better go check on the fries. You need to work some overtime so you can afford the FLAC bootleg.
    09/02/00 09/05/00
    04/25/03 05/02/03 5/3/03 6/24/03 6/28/03 7/5/03 7/6/03 7/11/03 7/12/03 7/14/03
    09/28/04 09/29/04 10/01/04 10/02/04
    09/28/05 09/30/05 10/03/05
    5/24/06 5/25/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 5/30/06 6/01/06 6/03/06 6/23/06 6/24/06 7/22/06 7/23/06
    6/20/08 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08
  • Options
    m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    mdg164 wrote:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debbie_Downer
    You may be the biggest loser on the planet. A quick internet search turns up the lame SNL skit. Oh, and I am immature, for offering up an honest unbiased opinion on the Cincy show based on the other shows I have seen this tour. Do you realize how much childish crap you have posted throughout this thread?

Seriously, if you are not 12, then you might want to reconsider posting like you are.

So I am going back to my cube to make enough money to see PJ as many times as I want to... and you better go check on the fries. You need to work some overtime so you can afford the FLAC bootleg.

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Options
    yield2pjyield2pj Posts: 15
    To continue on with opinions. This was my sixth show and my overall impression of it was ok. This show was definetely not as good as Grand Rapids, and especially not as long. The crowd was amazing, just as good as any show I've been to or heard. Other things I noticed, was that the setlist wasn't that special, besides getting to hear leash, wishlist, gone and unemployable. Mike also seemed in a weird mood, at one point Ed had to push him towards Boom during Crazy Mary. His solos didn't seem elaborate as they usually do on some of the songs. Last, but not least the shortened show, confusion on getting another song. Techs came out to set up, but then no PJ or song. I did however still enjoy the show, they still put on one of the best shows, even on a decent night