Options

Great Cincy show BUTT!!!

Comments

• Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    mdg164 wrote:
    HeidiJam wrote:
    I mean you couldn't ask for a better crowd...

What are you, high? Cincy crowd ABSOLUTELY ROCKED last night!! The back of my calves are completely bruised from being hit by the chair while trying to jump up and down in a very small space. The entire row that I was on had just gone crazy the whole time. It was a great show but I thought the setlist could have been better considering the circumstances surrounding this show.

I'm bruised an sore too. STILL can't talk!!! The crowd was outta control! FREAKIN INSANE ENERGY!!

BTW... EMPTY YOUR DAM PM BOX SOLAT!
  • Options
    manic mindmanic mind Posts: 84
    I thought the crowd was amazing! Was I the only one who felt the entire place shake? I've never felt a place shake like that at a PJ show. That was also the best crowd sing a long of Betterman I've ever heard. Everyone was singing and it was so loud and CLEAR. I think Ed was impressed also. I was a little confused when they didn't play Yellow Ledbetter, but that was Ok. I still had a great time and was very proud of the Cincy crowd. Even my kids were jammin'. That was a great show to take them to.
    Sold to Pearl Jam at birth!
  • Options
    After Baba the tech guys came out and adjusted ed's mic and brought out jeff's stool and stand-up bass. it certainly seemed like there was going to be another encore and for whatever reason it didn't happen. That may explain the absence of YL and some other things. Another encore would've pushed that show to insane levels of greatness. As it was though, it was an amazing show.
  • Options
    feathersfeathers Posts: 84
    BeerBaron wrote:
    They were all set to come out for a 3rd encore: the crew had even set up Jeff's stand up bass for Indifference (which WAS on the set list) ... then, all of the sudden the show got cut - I think it was because most of the fans left the seats and started leaving the building. The band wanted to see if we would stand there and cheer and tghey were going to come back out ... I waited for almost 10 minutes ... watched the crew set up for the 3rd encore and then watched them come back 3 minutes later and take the stuff away.

That show could have been epic ... but people just left the building :(

I know. I waited until the PA music came on. It was disappointing. I was expecting them to come back out as well. :(

Still a good show.
    04/18/03
    10/06/04
    06/24/06
    08/05/07
    06/16/08
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,923
    BeerBaron wrote:
    They were all set to come out for a 3rd encore: the crew had even set up Jeff's stand up bass for Indifference (which WAS on the set list) ... then, all of the sudden the show got cut - I think it was because most of the fans left the seats and started leaving the building. The band wanted to see if we would stand there and cheer and tghey were going to come back out ... I waited for almost 10 minutes ... watched the crew set up for the 3rd encore and then watched them come back 3 minutes later and take the stuff away.

Are you serious??

When you say most of the fans in the seats left, was it clearly noticeable?

This is crazy, if it's the true reason the band ended the show early. (i'm not saying you're lying, BB, i just can't believe it) It does seem weird, though, for them to set up Jeff's bass, then not use it.

Do you know what else was on the setlist?
  • Options
    feathersfeathers Posts: 84
    Are you serious??

When you say most of the fans in the seats left, was it clearly noticeable?

This is crazy, if it's the true reason the band ended the show early. (i'm not saying you're lying, BB, i just can't believe it) It does seem weird, though, for them to set up Jeff's bass, then not use it.

Do you know what else was on the setlist?

From what I could see, most of the top seats of the lower bowl left, and where I was (upper bowl), about 50% of the people were leaving.

It is understandable, since the house lights were on during Baba. They did bring Jeff's stand-up out, though. :(

Also, I was just thinking about it, and it seemed to me as if Mike wanted to start YL right after Baba finished. He kept his guitar on while they were walking off, then finally took it off and followed them. The goodbye was short, though. I definitely think they had a 3rd planned.
    04/18/03
    10/06/04
    06/24/06
    08/05/07
    06/16/08
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    This makes A LOT of sense.
    It was weird that they closed the main set with Life Wasted, and I was hoping the fact the first encore ended with RVM meant that there would be a third encore. Me and my neighbor were yelling at the people leaving that they'd come back again, but I lost hope when the music came on the PA too :(
    Can you imagine? Slow closing set? Damn...

Ed's voice sounded strained at times, I wonder whether that could have been a factor too.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    greenampgreenamp Posts: 17
    The A/C in the venue was pretty noticably shut off as well at the begining of the 2nd encore. When the lights came on it was almost unbearable in there.

I think the the house lights being on made everyone think it was over. Seemed like the venue management wanted us outta there.
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    We were kinda shocked too. We KNEW they were coming back out AGAIN when we saw the techs settin everything up. Waited till the pa music started coming on and we were like, DAM... wonder what happened..

About ppl leaving, Yes, we saw a ton leaving. Hmmm:(
  • Options
    greenampgreenamp Posts: 17
    My wife said she thought she heard Ed say "turn the lights on...," during baba, but I thought he said "who turned the lights on?"

Anyone else hear this?
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    If I get that setlist this tour I would be more than happy.. plenty of No code and Riot Act so why the fuss. Why do u wanna hear the classics again.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Mac DogMac Dog Posts: 79
    HeidiJam wrote:
    No Black..., NO Given to fly... 2 songs off of VS...,No Binaural... NO yellow ledbetter, whats up with that?? PJ missed 03 show, i guess i thought show would be longer and have a better set list. I mean you couldn't ask for a better crowd...
    Im not being negative, it was an amazing show but i was just wonder why there was a lack for classics and rare songs in the set list also did seem short for a pj concert.....

You ingrate. It could've been worse, you could've been in Pittsburgh.

Quit your whining and enjoy the shows. Christ, I hate the whining... you got to see the best band on the planet planet play Long Road, Green Disease, Not for You, Wishlist and Inside Job(also in Pittsburgh I know) in addition to everything else.

So shut up.
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    Mac Dog wrote:
    You ingrate. It could've been worse, you could've been in Pittsburgh.

Quit your whining and enjoy the shows. Christ, I hate the whining... you got to see the best band on the planet planet play Long Road, Green Disease, Not for You, Wishlist and Inside Job(also in Pittsburgh I know) in addition to everything else.

So shut up.

Why the knock on Pittsburgh? I'd trade Long Road, Green Disease, Wishlist and Not for You for Waiting on a Friend (played in Pittsburgh) any day.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Waiting on a Friend was the worst cover since Know Your Rights. You must be a Stones fan, but the fact is that most PJ fans are not big Stones fans. They could have picked a slightly more popular Stones song to cover. I didn't even know what it was (had to ask the guy next to me).

Were you in Cincy? Cause if you were, I am certain you would not trade that version of Nor For You for anything :)

I'm not a Stones fan but I loved the cover (I heard it during the sound check so I was ready for it). Not for You, while a great song and probably rocked in Cincy is a staple which I've heard before. So, I'll still take Waiting on a Friend (although I lied about trading Long Road for it). :)
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    mdg164 wrote:
    HeidiJam wrote:
    I mean you couldn't ask for a better crowd...
    Sure you could... the cincy crowd was LAME! Boston, NYC, Philly, D.C. and especially Pittsburgh were all better! Maybe that is why they got better shows!
    NO WAY! I went to all those shows and the Cincy crowd BEAT EM ALL! WTF?! Best show on the tour so far- HANDS DOWN.,

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    BeerBaron wrote:

hmmm. i dunno. the techs seemed pretty eager to start clearing shit up. i sat directly parallel to the stage so i had a totally clear view. the techs were packing up and wanted to get out.
    take your money and your drugs.
  • Options
    ThunderclapThunderclap Lexington, KY Posts: 108
    My 2 cents: Of the four shows I went to, Cincinatti was maybe 3rd. My ranking is Chicago 2, Pittsburgh, Cincinatti then Chicago night 1. But I wasn't disappointed in any of the shows *ever* and I doubt I ever will be. The only things that disappointed me were

1. I didn't meet as many people as I had wanted. I met a lot but I still wanted to meet more
    2. Didn't get a shirt at Cincy because...
    3. The walkway around US Bank arena is too fucking small so with all the people there it would have taken me too long to get a shirt, meet up and hang out with friends and take care of mother nature when she called, and still get to my seat before the show started. I'm not into figuring out everyone's religion while making my way to the beer stand :mad:

Other than that I was stoked :D
    TEACHER SEEKS PUPIL
    Must have an earnest desire to save the world
    Apply in person
  • Options
    grace6697 wrote:
    hmmm. i dunno. the techs seemed pretty eager to start clearing shit up. i sat directly parallel to the stage so i had a totally clear view. the techs were packing up and wanted to get out.
    yeah i thought so too, but i wasnt that close so i couldn't really say. But since the lights came on, i thought that mabe the place had a curfey and the band was forced to wui after that. I agree with whoever said that Mike wanted too keep playing cuz i thought i saw him with his guitar too until everybody was leaving from the stage.
    6/24/06-Cincinnati, Best night of my life!!!
  • Options
    AbnerielAbneriel Posts: 109
    yeah i thought so too, but i wasnt that close so i couldn't really say. But since the lights came on, i thought that mabe the place had a curfey and the band was forced to wui after that. I agree with whoever said that Mike wanted too keep playing cuz i thought i saw him with his guitar too until everybody was leaving from the stage.
    one more in agreement...

and although it would have been great to have them come out for a 3rd encore, closing with Baba O'Riley seemed to me like a touching tribute to The Who, especially since that was the place where they had the tragic incident in 1979 that PJ can relate to.

I also agree with the seemingly bland setlist that was played, but they were dead on with them. I can't wait for the boot! The crowd was very loud, but not really jumping around like the Vegas shows I went to when I lived out west.
    www.myspace.com/abneriel
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    no but (t) here....everybody was rocking in section 114.... :)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    mdg164mdg164 Posts: 206
    Oh, I forgot you are the authority on all things Pearl Jam and since you said that Boston was the best, then it shall be done. LOL. As I said before, opinions are like assholes. Your opinion doesn't make it a fact. Sorry. And nobody asked for your rude personal opinions to be shoved down their throat in every thread regarding Cincy. It's like you couldn't wait to put the show down for some weird personal reason. People had a really good time and were posting about how much they enjoyed themselves. So what if you think that Boston was waaaaaaaay better. We aren't talking about Boston or anywhere else, we are talking about Cincy. You seem to enjoy being a buzzkill. How sad. And Ed did say that. Listen to the boot my friend. ;) It's funny the tude you have taken on, like you are the defender of Pennsylvania and the east coast. Lighten up. ;)

Do your parents know you are on the computer? You are impossible to debate with. I make a valid point, you ignore it and spout gibberish.

People asked for opinions about the show, I gave them an honest unbiased opinion on how the show ranked against the other shows I have seen this tour. I am sorry that YOUR cincy show wasn't that good. That's what it comes down to, you are upset that I am saying bad things about YOUR show. You keep talking some nonesense about me defeding the east coast. Like I am sitting in my cube wearing an "East Coast Rocks" or a "Screw Cincy" shirt. It's absolutly ridiculous. You are the defensive one.

I am glad you had a good time, and since it seems it was your only show, then you won't know what you missed in other cities.
    09/02/00 09/05/00
    04/25/03 05/02/03 5/3/03 6/24/03 6/28/03 7/5/03 7/6/03 7/11/03 7/12/03 7/14/03
    09/28/04 09/29/04 10/01/04 10/02/04
    09/28/05 09/30/05 10/03/05
    5/24/06 5/25/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 5/30/06 6/01/06 6/03/06 6/23/06 6/24/06 7/22/06 7/23/06
    6/20/08 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Did you not see the tech on Muike's side come out after Baba with the stand up bass and place it leaning up against Jeff's amp? There is no way they would do that unless they were going to play ... and someone specifically looked at the setlist and noticed indifference on it - a song which Jeff uses that instrument in.

no, i did not see that because i was parallel with the stage, stone's side. the techs on our side wanted out. it's almost like jeff and mike's tech and ed and stone's tech were not communicating with eachother.
  • Options
    RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    grace6697 wrote:
    no, i did not see that because i was parallel with the stage, stone's side. the techs on our side wanted out. it's almost like jeff and mike's tech and ed and stone's tech were not communicating with eachother.

Someone said that Indifference was written on the setlist and was supposed to close the show. I also saw the bass tech bring out the standup bass and I saw him tuning it before the set, so it's safe to assume we were supposed to get something with the standup, and Indifference would make sense at that point in the set. :(
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Options
    JoePJrocksJoePJrocks Posts: 24
    mdg164 wrote:
    Just because east coast shows were better, doesn't mean there is a bias. Pittsburgh (not east coast) was the best crowd this tour, per vedder himself. He said it was louder than NYC and Boston. Having been at all of those shows, I happen to agree. Trust me, I rarely agree with Vedder, he is a political retard.

Why would you think someone doesn't like a crowd because of where the show was located... are you 12? That's just stupid. I agree a Cincy crowd could be as good as ANY other city. It just wasn't. Plain and simple.

The Cincy crowd was the loudest I've seen in 10 shows - Ed is NOT a political retard - you are the retard
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    RockKing wrote:
    Someone said that Indifference was written on the setlist and was supposed to close the show. I also saw the bass tech bring out the standup bass and I saw him tuning it before the set, so it's safe to assume we were supposed to get something with the standup, and Indifference would make sense at that point in the set. :(

The Ukelele was also tuned up prior to the show, but I don't think "Soon Forget" was on any setlists. I do think they intended to come back out one more time, but something changed...
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    The Ukelele was also tuned up prior to the show, but I don't think "Soon Forget" was on any setlists. I do think they intended to come back out one more time, but something changed...

uke is out at every show. not a barometer for anything.
  • Options
    grace6697 wrote:
    uke is out at every show. not a barometer for anything.

That's exactly the point I was trying to make. I just didn't make it very well.

Glad you liked Cincy. I was a bit amused at the lack of Yield songs. I stopped by the CCFA fundraiser, but there didn't seem to be much going on (I think I stopped by about 5:00 and again after 6:00).

I went back to the Beer Sellar after the show and really enjoyed the band that played. I think their name was ESP. It would have been even better if there hadn't been a group of about 5 frat-boy, homosexuals-in-denial, jerks who were flailing all over the dance floor and constantly bumping into me/leaning on me.

• Options
    know1 wrote:
    That's exactly the point I was trying to make. I just didn't make it very well.

But the standup bass is not out for every show. The only times I've seen it on stage is the shows when they play Daughter, Sometimes, Immortality, or Indifference. I always look to see if it's out, because I know if it's out, we're getting one of those 4 songs (usually Daughter, of course). But at that point in the show, Indifference would have made sense, and that lines up with the people who said they saw Indifference on the actual setlists. Regardless, it was a great show....I'm just curious what happened that they decided not to play Indifference.

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Options
    RockKing wrote:
    But the standup bass is not out for every show. The only times I've seen it on stage is the shows when they play Daughter, Sometimes, Immortality, or Indifference. I always look to see if it's out, because I know if it's out, we're getting one of those 4 songs (usually Daughter, of course). But at that point in the show, Indifference would have made sense, and that lines up with the people who said they saw Indifference on the actual setlists. Regardless, it was a great show....I'm just curious what happened that they decided not to play Indifference.

Maybe Ed passed out...

• Options
    know1 wrote:
    Maybe Ed passed out...

There's a strong possibility that's what happened. :)