Options

Ryan Adams 1989

1235»

Comments

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,301
    My copy of the seafoam green vinyl from B&N just arrived in Sydney. I know what I'll be spinning tonight :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,495
    That should end the argument of whether Taylor is a try musician or not.
  • Options
    Barnes and Noble greens are out of stock online
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

She should do an unplugged version of 1989, I would gladly buy a copy
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Something just hit me with the album art for both versions. Taylor Swift's 1989 is, as we all know, a Polaroid. Ryan Adams' 1989 is like a photo with an Instagram filter & border applied. Almost like a then & now kinda concept. I wonder if that was an intentional move by Adams or if it's just pure coincidence?
  • Options
    I too would love an unplugged version of 1989 from Taylor - not sure about the cover concept - but your theory seems plausible. P.S. I cranked my sea foam version again tonight, it gets better every time I listen to it. :)
  • Options
    MedozK said:

She should do an unplugged version of 1989, I would gladly buy a copy
    I'm assuming this gig took place in front of a highly vetted audience and that the only recordings to emerge from it are the two official videos that are out there…

When Taylor Swift is ready to start a Vault series, this should be #1 ;-)
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601
    edited January 2016
    ^^^ Yeah, that's very good. If she got less poppy and more like this (although that includes most of the song writing too), I'd be a fan. I don't know why some people have something against her in the same kind of way they have something against Bieber or Beyonce. She can't be compared to them at all. I guess it's just ignorance about what she does. People assume she makes cookie cutter music (I think it might be because fans are often also fans of that kind of shit music??), but she doesn't. She's totally not my style generally, but I still consider her worthy of respect as an artist.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited January 2016

Something just hit me with the album art for both versions. Taylor Swift's 1989 is, as we all know, a Polaroid. Ryan Adams' 1989 is like a photo with an Instagram filter & border applied. Almost like a then & now kinda concept. I wonder if that was an intentional move by Adams or if it's just pure coincidence?

Taylor has a shirt with birds/ seagulls on it and Ryan's is a photo of similar, probably taken by him and seemed suitable. I doubt if there is more to it... Maybe who knows. You can hear the birds on the opening track.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    PJ_Soul said:

^^^ Yeah, that's very good. If she got less poppy and more like this (although that includes most of the song writing too), I'd be a fan. I don't know why some people have something against her in the same kind of way they have something against Bieber or Beyonce. She can't be compared to them at all. I guess it's just ignorance about what she does. People assume she makes cookie cutter music (I think it might be because fans are often also fans of that kind of shit music??), but she doesn't. She's totally not my style generally, but I still consider her worthy of respect as an artist.

You need to check out her album Speak Now. She basically wrote every song by herself and it's VERY good IMO. Prolly a little more country than you would like, but the song writing is superb.
  • Options
    Ryan Adams and Shakey Graves Austin City Limits - you are welcome - http://video.klru.tv/video/2365637128/
  • Options
    halloweenhead95halloweenhead95 Croatia Posts: 240
    2014: Trieste, Italy 06-22
    2018: Padova, Italy 06-24
    2022: Imola, Italy 06-25