Options

Ryan Adams 1989

Comments

• Options
    Got shipping conformation!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601
    edited December 2015
    I've asked for this for xmas - not sure if I'll get it, but I hope so (I'll buy it the day after xmas if I don't, lol). I am REALLY enjoying it. :)@smarchee
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    PJ_Soul said:

I've asked for this for xmas - not sure if I'll get it, but I hope so (I'll buy it the day after xmas if I don't, lol). I am REALLY enjoying it. :)@smarchee

well well well
    finally, after years of saying how good Ryan Adams is now you appreciate him when he covers a pop star lol
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    smarchee said:

PJ_Soul said:

well well well
    finally, after years of saying how good Ryan Adams is now you appreciate him when he covers a pop star lol
    Lol. It really is that I think this is better than his own studio albums, hahaha. However, I have always said that I like his live stuff. ;) I was hoping this would make you at least listen to the album!!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,770
    PJ_Soul said:

smarchee said:

PJ_Soul said:

well well well
    Lol. It really is that I think this is better than his own studio albums, hahaha. However, I have always said that I like his live stuff. ;) I was hoping this would make you at least listen to the album!!
    Is it really worth the listen?
    I have ST,Rock n Roll,Carnegie Box,Heartbreaker and 10 songs and all sound amazing.

Can't seem to wrap my mind around the Swift.
    I should have treated it like when I first had sushi(I was 5) I didn't know what it was so I ate it and my parents told me what it was afterwards.

Should have listened first lol
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    RobbyD462 said:

Is it really worth the listen

Yes. You could listen to TS for educational purposes if you feel you want to hear the original inspiration, or you don't have to. Either way, doesn't take away from Ryan's versions. I've been addicted to the album for awhile now. Out of the Woods is beautiful, and Welcome to NY sounds like Ryan was channeling Springsteen while interpreting TS.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I have never heard the Taylor Swift album and have no plans to. I just really enjoy the Ryan Adams album. It's got a cool 80s vibe to it... i guess that's why it's called 1989, lol. Still very Ryan Adams IMO. Don't knock till you try it! Although if you go in with a bad attitude you might not like it anyhow. I went into it with no judgement. I assumed Ryan Adams would know what he's doing and wouldn't have done it at all if it sounded stupid. Have some faith in the guy!
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    The Swift album is great and so is the Adams version.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,770
    PJ_Soul said:

I have never heard the Taylor Swift album and have no plans to. I just really enjoy the Ryan Adams album. It's got a cool 80s vibe to it... i guess that's why it's called 1989, lol. Still very Ryan Adams IMO. Don't knock till you try it! Although if you go in with a bad attitude you might not like it anyhow. I went into it with no judgement. I assumed Ryan Adams would know what he's doing and wouldn't have done it at all if it sounded stupid. Have some faith in the guy!

Maybe I'll give it a day in court ;)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    My sea foam green vinyl from barnes and noble has shipped - I am a sucker for colored vinyl. :glasses:
  • Options

My sea foam green vinyl from barnes and noble has shipped - I am a sucker for colored vinyl. :glasses:

I am going to B&N tomorrow to pick one up.
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    When I ordered from Barnes and Noble originally it was suppose to be transparent blue. I'm assuming they all got switched to sea foam green instead of there being two different colors right?? I actually like the sea foam green better!
  • Options
    halloweenhead95halloweenhead95 Croatia Posts: 240
    2014: Trieste, Italy 06-22
    2018: Padova, Italy 06-24
    2022: Imola, Italy 06-25
  • Options

When I ordered from Barnes and Noble originally it was suppose to be transparent blue. I'm assuming they all got switched to sea foam green instead of there being two different colors right?? I actually like the sea foam green better!

Oh yea, you're right! I haven't received mine yet, but I think seafoam green makes more sense anyhow.
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Oh yea, you're right! I haven't received mine yet, but I think seafoam green makes more sense anyhow.
    I still haven't received shipping confirmation from BN...
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166

I ordered on the 9th October and no shipping notice. Can I ask when you ordered buck502000?
  • Options
    A few days later than you.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited December 2015
    Thanks. B&N are horrendous to deal with. I pre-ordered something previously. A b&n exclusive and I had to email them about 6 times before I eventually got it. They kept saying there was stock problems and it would be another week or so, this went on for 4 months. Eventually they said it was no longer available and they cancelled my ordered even though it showed as in stock on their website. The following day I sent them a major complaint and out of thin air they miraculously found a copy to send me.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    I ordered back in Nov from B&N. Says exp deliver 12/15/15. No shipping notice. Went to a store and bought one today just to be safe. Will hopefully be able to cancel my preorder.
  • Options
    I now have the CD, Sea Foam green vinyl, and the cassette. I may have a problem. :dizzy:
  • Options
    Pick a best version!!!!
  • Options

I ordered back in Nov from B&N. Says exp deliver 12/15/15. No shipping notice. Went to a store and bought one today just to be safe. Will hopefully be able to cancel my preorder.

In case it's helpful to know, I ordered on October 14, received shipping notice on December 9 (UPS Mail Innovations) and received the vinyl on December 14 from USPS. It's still available online so there's no reason why they haven't shipped other than incompetency!. Seems to me like you should be able to cancel on that basis!
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,983
    Man, they did a great job with this (US) pressing. Now I wish they had mastered it better.
  • Options
    How does the sea foam green sound? Reviews on quality of the pressing? Thanks!
  • Options
    I have only listened to it a couple times - but it sounds good - not great. I think they could mastered a bit better as Tim mentions above - The lastest re-issue of Heartbreaker is the Ryan Adams album to own - but 1989 is good in its own way. :)
  • Options
    ^ The Love Is Hell MoFi is the one to own*
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    Love is hell is a great album - but it's that like 70 bucks right? Plus - I love heartbreaker - desert island material. :blush:
  • Options
    only ryan adams could do this and kudos(much respect) for him for doing it. i love that he just doesn't care what anyone thinks and could care less about record sales. he loved swift's album as it dropped while he was going through his divorce, so he said...
    for the concept alone he deserves much credit. i can't think of anyone else who did what he did and especially when swift's album is so recently released.
  • Options
    He has a way of covering songs and making them sound like his own in a way that I've never seen before.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway