Sh!t you always forget...

Comments

• deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

I went to get my oil changed, and walked around.. Shopped.. Forgot why I was there... Walked outside with my bags.. Had a tiny heart attack when I couldn't find my car or keys.. Then remembered.. :disappointed:

I laughed so hard when you texted this! :rofl:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Things that happen after 2 AM. (There is only 1 reason I am ever up that late)

My social security number (I transpose 2 of the numbers and always forget which is the right and wrong number -- having done this for 20 years I have it listed as the wrong number in some cases which only serves to further perpetuate this)

Online passwords as well (changed them all a few months back to be more "secure" and they just secure the fact that I will get frustrated and occasionally locked out)

My brother's girlfriend's birthday. He even tells me a week or two in advance every year and I still always forget. Why? I dont like her. ;)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810

Things that happen after 2 AM. (There is only 1 reason I am ever up that late)

My social security number (I transpose 2 of the numbers and always forget which is the right and wrong number -- having done this for 20 years I have it listed as the wrong number in some cases which only serves to further perpetuate this)

Online passwords as well (changed them all a few months back to be more "secure" and they just secure the fact that I will get frustrated and occasionally locked out)

My brother's girlfriend's birthday. He even tells me a week or two in advance every year and I still always forget. Why? I dont like her. ;)

Nothing good ever happens after midnight. Brothers gf ---> :lol: however how nerve wrecking for that girl lol family can be very intimidating as it is.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • FoxyRedLa said:

Things that happen after 2 AM. (There is only 1 reason I am ever up that late)

Nothing good ever happens after midnight. Brothers gf ---> :lol: however how nerve wrecking for that girl lol family can be very intimidating as it is.
    I was nice for a few years and then I just got tired of it. He didn't marry her so I dont have to consider her family. She is not nice and everyone just decided (one at a time) that there is no reason to be anything more than cordial to her. If it wasn't for my brother I would not even speak to her....oh well, cant like everyone.

I forget people's phone numbers now that I am a cell phone auto dial reliant idiot.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    Names. I will meet you, you will tell me your name and 30 seconds into the conversation I will not remember it. When you walk away I will look for anyone who heard the conversation to ask what your name was again. It won't matter as 2 minutes later I will forget it again.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited July 2015
    samjam said:

RKCNDY said:

*my re-useable bag when I go to the store, plastic bag ban forces stores to charge you $0.10/bag

Yes!! This was the first thing that comes to mind. So annoying.
    I always have one or two rolled up and in my purse so I can never forget. Plus, it comes in handy ALL the time in any case. Never leave the house without at least one!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,100
    edited July 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

samjam said:

RKCNDY said:

*my re-useable bag when I go to the store, plastic bag ban forces stores to charge you $0.10/bag

I always have one or two rolled up and in my purse so I can never forget. Plus, it comes in handy ALL the time in any case. Never leave the house without at least one!
    When I lived in Marina del Rey in Southern CA and they first started doing this there I used to only shop at that store for stuff that I could fit into 2-3 of the bag you can get in the Produce Section. Would grab the bags as I walked in and stuff shit into them at the counter. Got dirty looks but nobody ever said anything and the Ralphs there lost my main shopping business, I started doing that the next town over so that they wouldn't dictate how I bagged my groceries.
    I always forget faces. It's terrible. I've run into people out of their usual environment (like people I have contact with through work) and I have no idea who they are, even if I totally know who they are. It's totally embarrassing. I'm so bad that I've actually worried I wouldn't recognize a guy I'm meeting for a SECOND date, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul said:

samjam said:

RKCNDY said:

I try to carry a smaller purse because I always end up schlepping around everybody else's stuff. I'm getting better about the bag thing...when the destination is the store. I don't have any when we decide to stop at the store on the way ho,me from a fair/festival or a game. I should just keep a bunch in the car.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJ_Soul said:

I always forget faces. It's terrible. I've run into people out of their usual environment (like people I have contact with through work) and I have no idea who they are, even if I totally know who they are. It's totally embarrassing. I'm so bad that I've actually worried I wouldn't recognize a guy I'm meeting for a SECOND date, lol.

I am also really bad at faces so my husband and I have devised a system where if I haven't introduced him to the person and am acting weirdly vague, he knows I can't remember who they are and then makes the introductions himself " . . . I don't think we've met, I'm N's husband" and then I jump in with "oh, I'm sorry, where are my manners" sort of thing. I also do the same for him.
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems Posts: 1,514
    online passwords, because i have had a lot of different ones.
    putting my nightguard in every night. i hate that thing.
    i always seem to forget my camera if i'm going somewhere and want to take nice pictures.
    there has been a few times i went to get my paycheck cashed and left it at home. :lol:
    things that happened the day before. sometimes i have bad short term memory haha.
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

samjam said:

RKCNDY said:

I try to carry a smaller purse because I always end up schlepping around everybody else's stuff. I'm getting better about the bag thing...when the destination is the store. I don't have any when we decide to stop at the store on the way ho,me from a fair/festival or a game. I should just keep a bunch in the car.
    Keeping a bunch in the trunk is better than nothing.... but when I used to do that, there would be 20 bags in the trunk out in the parking lot.... and none in the store with me. :lol:
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418

I forget people's phone numbers now that I am a cell phone auto dial reliant idiot.

Yes, this. I can still rattle off my best friend's number from junior high, but now once it's in my phone, it's outta my brain.

Funny/sad story... A while back, seems like a different life now, I was released from jail. I was allowed a phone call for someone to pick me up, but since my cell was not charged, I didn't have anyone's number. Had to do the walk of shame all the way home.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Oh Hobbes. I'm glad you're in a better place now.

I still remember the phone numbers of my two childhood homes, and that of my very own first when I turned 14. Was the princess style (ha!) and the bill was my responsibility.

Many a conversation had on it while sitting in my bean-bag chair.

Names. I will meet you, you will tell me your name and 30 seconds into the conversation I will not remember it. When you walk away I will look for anyone who heard the conversation to ask what your name was again. It won't matter as 2 minutes later I will forget it again.

Yup. This is me. I will now tell people how horrible I am with names and to please forgive me. I blame my mother. My sister and I both get this from her.

PJ_Soul said:

I am also really bad at faces so my husband and I have devised a system where if I haven't introduced him to the person and am acting weirdly vague, he knows I can't remember who they are and then makes the introductions himself " . . . I don't think we've met, I'm N's husband" and then I jump in with "oh, I'm sorry, where are my manners" sort of thing. I also do the same for him.
    This is me, too. However, I don't have a buddy bail out system. All old people at work look the same. Same height. Same hair style. Same sensible shoes and "clam diggers," as my coworker would say. I've started trying to pay attention to their clothes. Often, they'll come in groups dressed similarly, though! I insist that if they leave something at the counter for us to hold as they shop (God forbid should they carry that one little greeting card around with them) that they leave their name. I think I've finally gotten that habit to rub off on my coworkers.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835

Hobbes said:

RKCNDY said:

Hobbes said:

Getting home from the grocery store only to find I've gotten everything but the one thing I went for.

I blame Costco..."get charcoal, beer, and conditioner" I get there, " oh, a pyrex measuring cup set, and it's only $8!, oh wow, lightup vodka bottles! Oh that's as good price on laundry hampers, get some of those... oh yeah, I need computer paper, oooh...organic avocados! That's a good price...I'll make guacamole for tomorrow, charcoal, check...beer...check. where are those coconut cookies? Fuckers, they don't have them, I better get the fuck outta here, this cart is heavy"

Get home...fuck, I forgot conditioner! .
    The free samples are distracting, too.

Get home. Fuck!! Batteries!!!!
    Fuck!!! Toilet Paper!!! ( I want to kick my own ass some days!!) I HATE when I do this!! Lol but I'm LOVING this thread! I feel right at home !!
    Health and hygiene note: You should not kick your own ass if you forgot to buy toilet paper.

For thread integrity: I often forget to zip up after doing my business. I'll be sitting at my desk at work, look down, and, "Oh shit! How long has my zipper been down? Fuck! Am I going to get a call from HR?" :blush:

The worst was my daughter's birthday party, which was lousy with privileged preschoolers and their butthole Brooklyn parents. :perturbed:

Luckily, the horse hasn't escaped the barn yet, but, Jesus, dude, get a grip and xyzpdq!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Hobbes said:

Yes, this. I can still rattle off my best friend's number from junior high, but now once it's in my phone, it's outta my brain.

Funny/sad story... A while back, seems like a different life now, I was released from jail. I was allowed a phone call for someone to pick me up, but since my cell was not charged, I didn't have anyone's number. Had to do the walk of shame all the way home.
    Hobbes, hopefully you will not find yourself in this situation again. However, if such a situation arises (or something similar), feel free to call Rob: 555-CROC. Pretty easy to remember, and I'm sure he'd be happy to pick you up if you were stranded.
    ELITIST FUK
    Hmmm... jail or being seen with someone in crocs. Tough one :lol:

And I will never be in that situation again. Like I said, looking back seems like a different life, a strange character in a book. I'm in a much, much better place. :smile:
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    :hug:for my friend, Hobbes.
    ELITIST FUK
    Hobbes said:

And I will never be in that situation again. Like I said, looking back seems like a different life, a strange character in a book. I'm in a much, much better place. :smile:

That makes my heart happier than you'll ever know. I hope that one day my brother will be in a similar place.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I want to give Hobbes a scratch behind the ears but don't wanna embarrass him :bee:
    So for thread integrity, I keep forgetting to bring garbage bags into the bathroom. They're in the kitchen, and every time I walk by I think "gotta grab some bags" and then forget. It's awful.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    You folks are great. I won't forget that.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Hobbes said:

what an experience to remember i bet that toughened you up more

i always forget salt when i go shopping bc we rarely need it
    i hardly ever take a shopping list bc i try to recall everything i need off the top of my head
    and i always forget 1 thing and salt or garlic is usually the ones
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    To grab my water bottle on my way out the door to work...I get to the truck and get in and I'm like FUUUUUCK...I have to go back in....lol
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    My husband always always always forgets to take the trash out on trash nite! :anguished: I want to f'in put the trash on his pillow for F sakes!! I hate the gross ass smelly ass disgusting awful trash. Take it out to the road PLEASE!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    FoxyRedLa said:

My husband always always always forgets to take the trash out on trash nite! :anguished: I want to f'in put the trash on his pillow for F sakes!! I hate the gross ass smelly ass disgusting awful trash. Take it out to the road PLEASE!

Do you have 2 legs and 2 hands?

(That's what I ask my wife when I hear the "trash needs taken out" speech)
  • JWPearl said:

Hobbes said:

what an experience to remember i bet that toughened you up more

i always forget salt when i go shopping bc we rarely need it
    i hardly ever take a shopping list bc i try to recall everything i need off the top of my head
    and i always forget 1 thing and salt or garlic is usually the ones
    I have 5-6 different kinds of salt to cook with and so am never out. Love my salt.

I forget to wash my "whites"
    I dont wear much white -- socks during the winter and the occasional t-shirt that is white but because I am shit at doing wash my white t-shirts dont stay bright white for long so I dont tend to go for them much. Because of this the whites section in my hamper builds up forever until I actually want to wear white socks and realize I dont have any. (And the ones that are in there are probably worthy of being thrown out by that point.)
    In the summer if I am not in a suit for work, I wear my Reefs everywhere. Never w/o a bottle opener!
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    If you are not in a suit?

Do you think you're better than me?
  • If you are not in a suit?

Do you think you're better than me?

Hahaha. Hell no, I wear sandals everywhere else, that means I want to be on island time I am just too much of a schmuck to move to an island. (Or, I like my comforts and providing for my family.)