Sh!t you always forget...

*that $15 parking is really $18.32...because they charge tax for parking

*my re-useable bag when I go to the store, plastic bag ban forces stores to charge you $0.10/bag

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Parking tax? Fuck that

I randomly go into a record store and wonder around for hours because I can't remember which album I want
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Umm...the old "what did I walk in this room for?" moment.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    That you shouldn't walk around with a Q-Tip in your ear.

(No lectures about Q-Tips. My doctor already gave me one when I had to go in a few weeks after for damage I did to the inside of my ear as a result. The pain! Chunks of yuck that shouldn't be were coming from there. Apparently I tore through a bunch of skin when I accidentally clonked the Q-Tip deep in there. I had a giant raw spot and a huge scab in there! I was on ear drops for a few weeks. But still . . . if my ears itch I will VERY carefully use a Q-Tip. I know, I know . . . )
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    hedonist said:

Umm...the old "what did I walk in this room for?" moment.

Yes and the frequent "where the fuck are my keys?" that happens to me daily.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    For me it is leaving the bottle of water I brought to the gym in the car. I remember to leave the house with it but always forget it when I get there. I look like an idiot when I am looking around by where I am working out then have that ohhh shit moment.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    I hate this whole tax thing in America. In Germany, I go to a store, see the price and pay exactly that at the cashier's. Here, I have to calculate how much the tax is on top of the price on the label. I don't care if it is easy, I am a mathematically challenged person and I want a final price :P I tend to forget about the taxes too when I go to a store.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    edited July 2015

I hate this whole tax thing in America. In Germany, I go to a store, see the price and pay exactly that at the cashier's. Here, I have to calculate how much the tax is on top of the price on the label. I don't care if it is easy, I am a mathematically challenged person and I want a final price :P I tend to forget about the taxes too when I go to a store.

I hate it too and i've lived in America my whole life>LOL>Just put the price what you have to pay on the product.

I think i would sometimes forget my head, if it wasn't attached to me already>LOL!!>though i feel i do forget it sometimes>LOL

Post edited by cutz on
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,126

For me it is leaving the bottle of water I brought to the gym in the car. I remember to leave the house with it but always forget it when I get there. I look like an idiot when I am looking around by where I am working out then have that ohhh shit moment.

I do this too.

When I take my lunch to work, it's usually leftovers from the night before. I always use tupperware containers and am constantly leaving those at my desk when I leave to go home. It'll get to be Friday and I'll have a mountain of tupperware to take back home.

• Yes and the frequent "where the fuck are my keys?" that happens to me daily.

I've done the bit where I'm driving and I freak out because I can't find my keys . . . . . and they're in the ignition . . .doh!!!
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited July 2015
    Whatever is absolutely important. Keys, check, ID, I forgot to get in ghe car one day.. Just started walking down ghe street.. Got to the corner,remembered where I was going.. Umm yeah.. Seriously!! It drives me insane some days!
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Getting home from the grocery store only to find I've gotten everything but the one thing I went for.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Going to the ATM before I go out to a game, street fair, festival, concert, etc. The ATMs at my destination always charge a stupid fee like $5 for the 'service fee'...I really have no excuse, both my bank's ATMs are 2 blocks away.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    My online passwords!!! :anguished:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Hobbes said:

Getting home from the grocery store only to find I've gotten everything but the one thing I went for.

I blame Costco..."get charcoal, beer, and conditioner" I get there, " oh, a pyrex measuring cup set, and it's only $8!, oh wow, lightup vodka bottles! Oh that's as good price on laundry hampers, get some of those... oh yeah, I need computer paper, oooh...organic avocados! That's a good price...I'll make guacamole for tomorrow, charcoal, check...beer...check. where are those coconut cookies? Fuckers, they don't have them, I better get the fuck outta here, this cart is heavy"

Get home...fuck, I forgot conditioner! .

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

Hobbes said:

I blame Costco..."get charcoal, beer, and conditioner" I get there, " oh, a pyrex measuring cup set, and it's only $8!, oh wow, lightup vodka bottles! Oh that's as good price on laundry hampers, get some of those... oh yeah, I need computer paper, oooh...organic avocados! That's a good price...I'll make guacamole for tomorrow, charcoal, check...beer...check. where are those coconut cookies? Fuckers, they don't have them, I better get the fuck outta here, this cart is heavy"

The free samples are distracting, too.

Get home. Fuck!! Batteries!!!!
    Hobbes said:

RKCNDY said:

Hobbes said:

Fuck!!! Toilet Paper!!! ( I want to kick my own ass some days!!) I HATE when I do this!! Lol but I'm LOVING this thread! I feel right at home !!
  • GillycwGillycw Posts: 524
    The only thing you've gone to the shops for in the first place. Supermarkets are evil ,distracting places, F U and your 'buy 3 for the price of 2'!!
  • GillycwGillycw Posts: 524

Hobbes said:

RKCNDY said:

Hobbes said:

Fuck!!! Toilet Paper!!! ( I want to kick my own ass some days!!) I HATE when I do this!! Lol but I'm LOVING this thread! I feel right at home !!
    This
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    headphones when I ride on the bus
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    You spelled shit wrong
  • RKCNDY said:

Derail . . . . Costco is the worst, especially when they're rotating my tires, so I'm in the store for an extra hour. More time to pick up a million things I don't need!!!! . . . end derail
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    sugar
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Cutlery/plastic ware when I'm picking up take out.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    I went to get my oil changed, and walked around.. Shopped.. Forgot why I was there... Walked outside with my bags.. Had a tiny heart attack when I couldn't find my car or keys.. Then remembered.. :disappointed:
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    I changed my password on my debit card at the bank then later went to use it and could not figure out why it kept getting not APPROVED! Totally forgetting I had changed the password so in other stores remembered I had changed the password then had the pin # all confused or yeah had it backwards. Kept not getting approved FINALLY after the fifth store I got it right....all the other denials had to use my credit card. That was a big time swing and a miss.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    RKCNDY said:

*my re-useable bag when I go to the store, plastic bag ban forces stores to charge you $0.10/bag

Yes!! This was the first thing that comes to mind. So annoying.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Hobbes said:

Yeah, that drives me crazy! What's worse is when they force you to change them! Ugh!
    Or the systems where if you get it wrong 3 times, it locks you out! Ugh!
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    To take my morning pills....And I forgot today....DAMNIT!!!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    my medicine
    i have to take it
    morning and night
    thank for my
    family.. who know me well
    and remind me
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    mca47 said:

Hobbes said:

Yeah, that drives me crazy! What's worse is when they force you to change them! Ugh!
    Or the systems where if you get it wrong 3 times, it locks you out! Ugh!
    The absolute worst. You need a fucking login for every website. I feel like I click on a "forgot password" link just about every day.