Options

FYI : Black zippo on eBay now

2»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    $391.66 USD now.... a week to go.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    badbrains said:

Whoever buys this, do u actually use it? Or is it for show?

I've got a few of them, including this one..... And I'm not quite sure why. I do use one of them though - the first one I got. I don't even display them. They're in a drawer right now. I didn't buy them to sell either. I don't know why the fuck I bought them. It was pure impulse. Which is not normal for me (I mean, being impulsive generally is normal for me, lol, but buying collectibles for no reason at all isn't). I think for the black one, it really must have been about the hunt and the win. It was impossible to find, so I looked. And I actually found it. Yippee?? :tongue:
    That isn't to say I'll never use it. The one I do use (the chrome stars and bars) has lost at least half of the decal on both sides and looks like total shit. So at some point I guess I'll probably move on to the next one (though I will likely not choose the most valuable to use next). Good thing I got that one at face value from the 10C website, since it's barely even recognizable anymore. Anyway, buyers beware with that particular one. The fucking decal flakes off with very gentle use and zero transport in a pocket. But I hear the others are more hardy.
    Anyway, I don't have plans to sell these... though that doesn't mean I never will. But i might. Right now it's just stashed away waiting for me to decide what to do with it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,065
    Hi BadBrains if u can see this!!!!

I have a used one that I got that I would totally use but I don't smoke...

So who uses the pins that they bought?!?
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,453
    PJ_Soul said:

on2legs said:

badbrains said:

pdalowsky said:

wow the stock on this thing seems to be continually rising.

...and PJ faithfulls' pockets growing deeper.

I wonder what a Freak cd would command now?
    Oh you haven't heard? Some people actually have a "pearl jam fund". Smh
    What's with that avatar? Is he banned or is that just a new photo?
    2 weeks detention.
    Ouch.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    on2legs said:

PJ_Soul said:

on2legs said:

badbrains said:

pdalowsky said:

2 weeks detention.
    Ouch.
    for calling out a dude that made a bs bet with "avocados". oh well. bad brains is a good guy.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    mcgruff10 said:

on2legs said:

PJ_Soul said:

on2legs said:

badbrains said:

pdalowsky said:

2 weeks detention.
    Ouch.
    for calling out a dude that made a bs bet with "avocados". oh well. bad brains is a good guy.
    was that the global citizen discussion?

• Options
    MattchewMattchew Posts: 1,345
    $439.77!!
  • Options
    JB23237JB23237 Posts: 1,373

I tried betting him...no response
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
    EV w/ PT celebrating the Who Rosemont Theatre Rosemont IL 2015
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,051
    as a blessed owner of this zippo, i've been staying out of this thread for a day or two and i come back to what? Its over $400?! and 2) did I read right that Bad Brains is in a timeout for 2 weeks? Been there, done that LOL.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    badbrains said:

pdalowsky said:

I've got a Pearl Jam Fund. Only way I can convince my wife to let me go to shows these days, since they haven't played my home state in 15 years. And believe me if I had a stupid black lighter, I would rather put $500 in my PJ fund than have a lighter in my possession. ;)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    pdalowsky said:

mcgruff10 said:

on2legs said:

PJ_Soul said:

on2legs said:

badbrains said:

pdalowsky said:

2 weeks detention.
    Ouch.
    was that the global citizen discussion?

Yes sir.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Mattchew said:

$439.77!!

Back down to $434..... I guess that's just because the exchange rate changed, right?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Mattchew said:

$439.77!!

Back down to $434..... I guess that's just because the exchange rate changed, right?
    Yeah, I guess. I just noticed that too.
  • Options
    LoveboatKmanLoveboatKman Australia Posts: 289
    Well, my AUD$600 guess has come and gone, 700 maybe?
  • Options
    So who bought it? Come on guys. LOL
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    wtf people.....zippos collecting dust in glass cases? Or worse...in a drawer? Flippers have no true appreciation of fire. These lighters should be sold to people who will actually use them.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

wtf people.....zippos collecting dust in glass cases? Or worse...in a drawer? Flippers have no true appreciation of fire. These lighters should be sold to people who will actually use them.

I might use mine. I don't know yet. I must admit, the amount this just sold for makes it pretty tempting to sell mine. But i'm not ready (i might never be). I'm already using one of the four EV zippos that i have, so why would i use the other three at the moment? And i have ne desire to display them. That's just not my style of decor. In any case, I'm comfortable doing whatever the fuck I want with what I own.
  • Options
    I was obviously being sarcastic. Are you defensive about your appreciation of fire? Lol....I don't care what you do with your pj stuff at all. I'm just kinda tired of people guilt tripping me for owning a Benny and keeping it sealed :wink:
  • Options
    I have all 6 and I don't smoke. Nothing makes me happier than looking up on my shelf and seeing them everyday as they are reminders of the great friends who I cherish. Plus they are cool to look at...(here's hoping for a 7th EV zippo for his next future tour)
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    ya, I feel the same about my Benny. I don't want to lose a few hundred bucks in value by listening to it on vinyl instead of the other two mediums I own it on....does that mean I appreciate it less? Maybe a bit. But...ya....not enough to sell it to a superfan for face value so that they can congratulate themselves on their oh-so discerning ear :wink: I'm all for collectors collecting whatever makes them happy.

PJ_soul - don't sell it! Hold onto it and gloat about it on the boards (like I do with my Benny). hehe
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • Options

I have all 6 and I don't smoke. Nothing makes me happier than looking up on my shelf and seeing them everyday as they are reminders of the great friends who I cherish. Plus they are cool to look at...(here's hoping for a 7th EV zippo for his next future tour)

If you don't mind me asking, how did you acquire all of the zippos?

• Options
    Mattchew said:

Luck, being at the right place at the right time and great friends who helped me on various ways
  • Options

Mattchew said:

Luck, being at the right place at the right time and great friends who helped me on various ways
    Awesome!! I'm still in the hunt.