2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601
    branscop said:

ldent42 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

My vote is for Randalls Island in the Fall. A huge great venue that will meet ticket demand. 2 nights please? I would love to return to the place I saw my first PJ show!! Well, sort of since the place has been revamped...for the better, and I could do without the pouring torrential rain this time too ;-)

An I the only person who dislikes Randall's island?
    my wifey doesn't like it either....she got kicked in the head at one of the PJ shows in '96..
    That doesn't have anything to do with the venue though. That's just about the crowd. People don't get kicked in the head at PJ shows too much anymore. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,249
    ldent42 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

My vote is for Randalls Island in the Fall. A huge great venue that will meet ticket demand. 2 nights please? I would love to return to the place I saw my first PJ show!! Well, sort of since the place has been revamped...for the better, and I could do without the pouring torrential rain this time too ;-)

Haven't been there since 96, but no fond memories of the place outside of the gig itself. Venue was a hole and traffic getting off the island was brutal.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,375
    Poncier said:

ldent42 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

Haven't been there since 96, but no fond memories of the place outside of the gig itself. Venue was a hole and traffic getting off the island was brutal.
    But what about the FREE WATER!?!? lol

I took my now wife to night 2 (after crowd surfing all night night 1, whcih was fairly painful), and the wife got 1/2 way up to the front with me and promptly vomited. Those days of full on pits at pearl jam are long past. Your more likely to get yelled at now than kicked in the head.
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,495
    The $150 VIP may be worth it.

Especially if we get a confirm that PJ will get a full set or so. Hope that happens.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884

The $150 VIP may be worth it.

Especially if we get a confirm that PJ will get a full set or so. Hope that happens.

You can expect an hour long set, what all the big acts have got in the past
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    fuck festivals! 10 dollar piss-warm bud lights and watching a video screen because the stage is one mile away.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Poncier said:

ldent42 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

The traffic is a nightmare but the walk isn't too bad. It's the smell & crazies that bug me.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

No. I went to both PJ shows in '96 and Lolla that year too. As a venue, could be the worst out there. I've never encountered traffic like that. It's been 20 years and I still have zero desire to ever go back
  • Options
    CJ23113CJ23113 Long Island Posts: 187
    Not that crazy about the randealls island. But have to say I been there 5 times over the years. First show night 2 in 1996 every show was memorable.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    edited July 2015

ldent42 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

No. I went to both PJ shows in '96 and Lolla that year too. As a venue, could be the worst out there. I've never encountered traffic like that. It's been 20 years and I still have zero desire to ever go back
    I was there for Phish and it was great. I love the new field...Parking or leaving was not a nightmare for me either. The tailgate was under a bridge, but they did have a hard bathroom to use which is a perk for the ladies in a parking lot. It has the vibe of a festival ( big open field, trees and hills to hang out on) cool vendors and if you want to fight your way up front have at it. Along with the good beers, carafes of wine...I like it.

Things have changed since 1996. The stage is on a big field, not in the broken down stone coliseum! And it would meet the demand. I would go for Forest Hills, or Citifield too. But PJ in an open field to me is wonderful.
    Post edited by Sprunkn7 on
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I'm reading my post and laughing b/c it's all a dream.. I think it's Global only.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    Well I've begun making vacation plans for that weekend, which means that now they'll announce something completely different.
  • Options
    pjallipjalli Posts: 129
    Sprunkn7 said:

i kind of liked the rain! or at least i remember how great the shows were :)
    Randalls was amazing for Phish last summer, PJ needs to come back soon.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    MSG has open dates on October 31st, November 1st and 2nd. It wouldn't shock me if PJ played at least 2-3 of those dates before leaving for SA.

As far as Randalls Island, Randalls Island isn't what it used to be. They've cleaned it up very nice. They just had a 3 day country festival there where the only ways you can get there was by taxi, ferry, walk or have someone drop you off.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Shea Stadium
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    Just to throw some more gasoline on the fire . . .Look at 2011. SA tour kicked off 11/4. Did a 10 show run up from early Sept to 9/26. I think we would all lose our minds if there was a 10 show NE/Canada run up, closed out by GC Fest, then the boys recharge in October while their gear heads south of the border. And it burns, burns, burns.
  • Options
    wbutler29 said:

Just to throw some more gasoline on the fire . . .Look at 2011. SA tour kicked off 11/4. Did a 10 show run up from early Sept to 9/26. I think we would all lose our minds if there was a 10 show NE/Canada run up, closed out by GC Fest, then the boys recharge in October while their gear heads south of the border. And it burns, burns, burns.

Man ive been pushing that forever I have a thread on it. Most people will think your crazy. I feel its a bit late for a full out tour announcement for Canada but maybe a Toronto show :smiley: PEARL JAM CANADA 2015
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    Sprunkn7 said:

ldent42 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

I was there for Phish and it was great. I love the new field...Parking or leaving was not a nightmare for me either. The tailgate was under a bridge, but they did have a hard bathroom to use which is a perk for the ladies in a parking lot. It has the vibe of a festival ( big open field, trees and hills to hang out on) cool vendors and if you want to fight your way up front have at it. Along with the good beers, carafes of wine...I like it.

Things have changed since 1996. The stage is on a big field, not in the broken down stone coliseum! And it would meet the demand. I would go for Forest Hills, or Citifield too. But PJ in an open field to me is wonderful.
    the difference is for phish there was 15k people there. if you were at govball, it was quite different, much more crowded at at times disorganized. pj would draw a lot closer to gov ball than to a phish show.
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    branscop said:

ldent42 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

my wifey doesn't like it either....she got kicked in the head at one of the PJ shows in '96..
    Hey, sorry man. I have a feeling that was me who kicked her in the head. I got put up on the top of the pit and came down on some girls head. She went down like a sack of rocks.

Again, my bad!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Lol im sorry but thats a bit humerous just because of the situation and it was like almost 20 years ago
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    Oh yeah don't be sorry it's damn hilarious,
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940

branscop said:

ldent42 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

Hey, sorry man. I have a feeling that was me who kicked her in the head. I got put up on the top of the pit and came down on some girls head. She went down like a sack of rocks.

Again, my bad!
    LMAO!

Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181

branscop said:

ldent42 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

Again, my bad!
    Probably was you! That's exactly what happened.
    She was fine and it's a great story. Although, she had a bit of a flashback in Berlin GA in 2012. She had to bail out when it got a bit rough. I'm thinking PTSD flashback from Randall's. Her own personal Vietnam.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited July 2015
    There it is...
    Kind of surprised to see them in the headliner spot,
    but good to see the "Special Announcement" is out!!
    :rock_on:
    Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809
    derbydave said:

There it is...

Did you really think Beyoncé would get top billing?

CMON!!!!!
    Hahahahahahahahaha
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

derbydave said:

There it is...

CMON!!!!!
    Hahahahahahahahaha
    I really did think she would be the headliner...
    Glad it turned out the way it did though!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809
    derbydave said:

derbydave said:

There it is...

CMON!!!!!
    Hahahahahahahahaha
    I really did think she would be the headliner...
    Glad it turned out the way it did though!!!
    I hear ya.
    Now to decide if the wife and I are making a trip to NYC.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,651
    Well, now to get tickets!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,651
    Pricing levels for the 3 VIP sections? Damn, section 1 has food and booze. That alone makes a normal price worth it, they must have outrageous prices for that.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved