Comments

• Pain
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    ^^ I'm sorry. Pain is not a good thing.

photo Io8B472pj93CmPMGLOiYj1RW7zqFdZmmLnpD9dvGVQYsSxTTJ_zpsobzh1gvy.jpeg

Our slushies from Sonic were too frozen. Before we went on a walk through an herb garden, we had to leave our cups to bake in the window.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    My deodorant stick is (and always ends up this way) uneven after a few weeks of use so it's harder to get on. probably just toss it and start with a new one. hate it though.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    deadendp said:

Our slushies from Sonic were too frozen. Before we went on a walk through an herb garden, we had to leave our cups to bake in the window.

we don't live near a Sonic...the closest one is 20 miles away.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY said:

I want your tater tot casserole recipe, sometimes a craving needs to be fed. =)

ok:

make tater tots in the oven-sprinkle taco seasoning on them if you like-when you cook them half way, sprinkle and toss so the seasoning sticks.

while you're waiting for the buggers to cook, cook up the ground beef just like if you were making it for tacos. Cook meat, drain, toss on taco seasoning on how spicy you like it.
    Chop up onions, tomatoes, grate cheese, get all the taco toppings ready.

when the tots are done, leave the oven on. Toss half the tots into the baking dish, make sure they cover the bottom completely. Layer the ground meat over the tots, sprinkle on some grated cheese, and some chopped onions. Add another layer of tots, meat, cheese, onions. Put back in oven for 15-20 minutes-until cheese is melty. Then top with tomatoes sour cream, etc.

(I may or may not just cook the tots in the baking dish to save on washing dishes, and because I'm lazy)
    Made and taste tested this and it was delicious. I did put in chopped red pepper with the meat and onion layers.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    RKCNDY said:

deadendp said:

we don't live near a Sonic...the closest one is 20 miles away.
    We don't either. We were on our way back from camping. I think this one is maybe 15 miles or so away. Cranberry slush. Yum!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

RKCNDY said:

I want your tater tot casserole recipe, sometimes a craving needs to be fed. =)

ok:

make tater tots in the oven-sprinkle taco seasoning on them if you like-when you cook them half way, sprinkle and toss so the seasoning sticks.

while you're waiting for the buggers to cook, cook up the ground beef just like if you were making it for tacos. Cook meat, drain, toss on taco seasoning on how spicy you like it.
    Chop up onions, tomatoes, grate cheese, get all the taco toppings ready.

when the tots are done, leave the oven on. Toss half the tots into the baking dish, make sure they cover the bottom completely. Layer the ground meat over the tots, sprinkle on some grated cheese, and some chopped onions. Add another layer of tots, meat, cheese, onions. Put back in oven for 15-20 minutes-until cheese is melty. Then top with tomatoes sour cream, etc.

(I may or may not just cook the tots in the baking dish to save on washing dishes, and because I'm lazy)
    Made and taste tested this and it was delicious. I did put in chopped red pepper with the meat and onion layers.
    yay! I sometimes get carried away with the toppings...avocado, green onions, olives, black beans, kidney beans.

oh, thread integrity: I would have made this for dinner, but I don't have any tater tots.

you can use crispy crowns instead of tots...if you like the crispy yumminess like I do...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    Eating all the left over candy from a class party so it doesn't end up in the trash!
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    For the THIRD FUCKING TIME the refugee discussion thread got locked on AMT. I personally feel it is an important subject and VALUE the sharing of news articles between members because I may never have seen that SyrianGirl video otherwise. The discussion is good and healthy and something I'd like to engage in. But because people cannot be civil and ignore warnings the threads keep getting locked.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!!!!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    ldent42 said:

For the THIRD FUCKING TIME the refugee discussion thread got locked on AMT. I personally feel it is an important subject and VALUE the sharing of news articles between members because I may never have seen that SyrianGirl video otherwise. The discussion is good and healthy and something I'd like to engage in. But because people cannot be civil and ignore warnings the threads keep getting locked.

Whoah! I am new to all this and am concerned about the crisis but am unaware of blocking etc. I agree that people need to discuss stuff.
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
    Jogill said:

ldent42 said:

Whoah! I am new to all this and am concerned about the crisis but am unaware of blocking etc. I agree that people need to discuss stuff.
    pop on over to the AMT. You can still read the closed threads. There's some good links in there.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    ldent42 said:

Jogill said:

ldent42 said:

pop on over to the AMT. You can still read the closed threads. There's some good links in there.
    Thanks!
  • get a taxi
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    We don't have SONIC in my whole country!
    Jogill said:

Your country puts iced cream in iced coffee. Trust me, you still win!
    (Although I really do like the sonic slushies. There's no sonic near me so it's still a treat.)
    edited September 2015
    ldent42 said:

Jogill said:

(Although I really do like the sonic slushies. There's no sonic near me so it's still a treat.)

Do they?? I wouldn't know but how do you know?
    Post edited by Jogill on
    Jogill said:

ldent42 said:

Jogill said:

I was there last year. It blew my mind.
    ldent42 said:

Jogill said:

ldent42 said:

Jogill said:

Are you sure we are talking about the same place?
  • I couldn't find a can of Coke with my name on it.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Jogill said:

ldent42 said:

Jogill said:

ldent42 said:

Jogill said:

You're in Australia right? I don't know who pits ice cream in coffee but I thought you were in Australia...
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

I couldn't find a can of Coke with my name on it.

You have to admit: "The Waiting Trophy Man" is not as common as Larry or Dave. :wink:
    ELITIST FUK
  • SD48277 said:

You have to admit: "The Waiting Trophy Man" is not as common as Larry or Dave. :wink:
    Yeah but I could get one custom made! Yes/no?
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

SD48277 said:

Yes. I say: do it! Then post a pic of it here.
    ELITIST FUK
  • SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

If I ever make it back to Vegas I will go back to the Coke store and make one if I can. Made personalized m&ms at the m&ms store before. :)
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I just happened upon a Homeland first-season marathon on Showtime, but it isn't being shown in HD format.
  • hedonist said:

I just happened upon a Homeland first-season marathon on Showtime, but it isn't being shown in HD format.

LOL
  • I finished a bottle of wine and now can't decide whether to open another or switch to beer.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.

Jogill said:

ldent42 said:

Jogill said:

ldent42 said:

Jogill said:

You're in Australia right? I don't know who pits ice cream in coffee but I thought you were in Australia...
    I thought he was in Australia too. I don't know why.
  • SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

If I ever make it back to Vegas I will go back to the Coke store and make one if I can. Made personalized m&ms at the m&ms store before. :)
    How did you get The Waiting Trophy Man to fit on the M&Ms?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

How did you get The Waiting Trophy Man to fit on the M&Ms?
    I didn't personalize the m&ms with my name, lol. That would have to be microscopic. Got some for our cat sitter once and had 'thank u,' 'kitty,' or a paw on them.