Options

Please donate to cancer research as I race from Base 2 Space

11314151618

Comments

  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Fantastic! Great job, RK. And congrats to the winners!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I have to make a clarification...I messed up and put Rob's donation down twice. So F Me has graciously let the other winner have it. I have offered F Me some items from my collection as a replacement.

    Again, this is my first raffle, I made a small boo-boo. :)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

    - Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,617
    RKCNDY said:

    I have to make a clarification...I messed up and put Rob's donation down twice. So F Me has graciously let the other winner have it. I have offered F Me some items from my collection as a replacement.

    Again, this is my first raffle, I made a small boo-boo. :)

    fuck f'me.

    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    Woohoo prizes =)
    Mostly congrats to RK for a job well done both in raising the funds and awareness and in doing all those stairs. I was very happy to help in the little way I could.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.


    Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Son of a bi.....sorry. I mean

    Congrats RK! Great job. Congrats to the winners too















    Well, not all winners. Damn elitist :lol:
    I've met Rob

    DEGENERATE FUK

    This place is dead

    "THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

    "Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,617
    like the 1%er needs it, right?
    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Whoa! Looks like I won some stuff!

    Thanks so much for your perseverance, RKCNDY, and thanks for sharing the effect that this walk had on your community.

    On a personal note, my father-in-law has been coming to crash with us every three weeks to see his oncologist and start his next round of chemo. It's been gutwrenching to watch what this goddamn thing has done to him.

    Every little bit helps. So thanks also to all who donated and to those who made damn sure that our hotstepper got as many as donations as she could.

    Amazing work.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Tell your father-in-law to kick cancers ass

    #FuckCancer
    I've met Rob

    DEGENERATE FUK

    This place is dead

    "THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

    "Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,617
    dankind said:

    Whoa! Looks like I won some stuff!

    Thanks so much for your perseverance, RKCNDY, and thanks for sharing the effect that this walk had on your community.

    On a personal note, my father-in-law has been coming to crash with us every three weeks to see his oncologist and start his next round of chemo. It's been gutwrenching to watch what this goddamn thing has done to him.

    Every little bit helps. So thanks also to all who donated and to those who made damn sure that our hotstepper got as many as donations as she could.

    Amazing work.

    If you don't mind sharing....how old is your FIL and what is his diagnosis/prognosis.

    chemo sucks but it can kick cancer's ass.
    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    imalive said:

    dankind said:

    Whoa! Looks like I won some stuff!

    Thanks so much for your perseverance, RKCNDY, and thanks for sharing the effect that this walk had on your community.

    On a personal note, my father-in-law has been coming to crash with us every three weeks to see his oncologist and start his next round of chemo. It's been gutwrenching to watch what this goddamn thing has done to him.

    Every little bit helps. So thanks also to all who donated and to those who made damn sure that our hotstepper got as many as donations as she could.

    Amazing work.

    If you don't mind sharing....how old is your FIL and what is his diagnosis/prognosis.

    chemo sucks but it can kick cancer's ass.
    He's an octogenarian but a tough one. Having to slow down is not sitting well with him.

    He pretty much singlehandedly rebuilds his Vermont house over the warmer months (although he had to take most of this year off to deal with this). We help when we can, but with two small kids, it's kind of hard (especially since bringing them up there is basically bringing them to a construction site). We'll have to make up for lost time next year. If anyone in the area wants to swing a hammer next summer, ping me. :smile:

    As for the cancer, I forget what stage it is. At any rate, they surgically removed the cancer from his colon but then unexpectedly found some cells in his lymph nodes. He's undergoing chemo to kick that out. He's got about three more months of chemo, I think.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,790
    all of this anger directed toward me. :hug:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,617
    dankind said:

    imalive said:

    dankind said:

    Whoa! Looks like I won some stuff!

    Thanks so much for your perseverance, RKCNDY, and thanks for sharing the effect that this walk had on your community.

    On a personal note, my father-in-law has been coming to crash with us every three weeks to see his oncologist and start his next round of chemo. It's been gutwrenching to watch what this goddamn thing has done to him.

    Every little bit helps. So thanks also to all who donated and to those who made damn sure that our hotstepper got as many as donations as she could.

    Amazing work.

    If you don't mind sharing....how old is your FIL and what is his diagnosis/prognosis.

    chemo sucks but it can kick cancer's ass.
    He's an octogenarian but a tough one. Having to slow down is not sitting well with him.

    He pretty much singlehandedly rebuilds his Vermont house over the warmer months (although he had to take most of this year off to deal with this). We help when we can, but with two small kids, it's kind of hard (especially since bringing them up there is basically bringing them to a construction site). We'll have to make up for lost time next year. If anyone in the area wants to swing a hammer next summer, ping me. :smile:

    As for the cancer, I forget what stage it is. At any rate, they surgically removed the cancer from his colon but then unexpectedly found some cells in his lymph nodes. He's undergoing chemo to kick that out. He's got about three more months of chemo, I think.
    I was a hammer swinger, back in the day, and still love doing side projects.

    they did the same with me. post surgery chemo was precautionary but we kicked that shit's ass.
    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,617
    posters shipped to F me and lolobugg :smiley:
    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,413
    Congrats to the winners. Awesome job to those that donated.

    RK you Rock!!!!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,617
    Hobbes said:

    Congrats to the winners. Awesome job to those that donated.

    and shipped quickly :shifty:
    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Congrats to all of the winners, and especially to RK! Well done.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,909
    RK, you truly rock! Did I hear you're doing this again next year? If so, count me in for more support- your dedication and efforts (and all those who supported) to this effort is huge!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.













  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    edited October 2015

    all of this anger directed toward me. :hug:

    Not from me. I love that you donated wads of cash. :heart:
    Post edited by SD48277 on
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,413
    Got my dog tags!!!

    Thanks for everything, RK. You are a beautiful person. :heart:
  • Options
    DancedNLaughterDancedNLaughter the 509 Posts: 323
    Sorry, chiming in so late, but echoing everyone else: Congrats to all the winners and thank you RK for doing all of this!!! So many people affected by such a shitty disease. . . .

    I received my dog tag and a beautiful card in the mail today!!! Much appreciated :) My tag is in memory of my cousin and her husband; he passed 2 years ago from brain cancer and she is currently undergoing chemo for cancer. I am going to send it on to her and let her know the story behind it and hopefully it can give her a brief moment of light in a really crappy situation . . .

    Thank you RK!!!!
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I got mine too! Thank you so much for this gift, and your sweet card. (You write like I imagined =) ). Showed my husband and he loved it too. It means much to both of us.

    Kitties went nuts for the chain part, FYI.

    For you - may the smile it brought me reach your good soul. Thank you again :)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPN764drG2Y
  • Options
    I received my dog tag and a lovely handwritten card. Thank you very much, RK. :)
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    That's a lovely video hedo....thank you! :heart:

    I love hearing the significance the dog tags represent to everybody.

    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

    - Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    edited October 2015
    Oh, if you want to know what it was like to climb the stairs, someone posted a video from their GoPro.

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dfwzazFvuBQ

    I was going to do this, but I didn't have enough $$$ to buy a GoPro. I'll ask Santa for one...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

    - Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    RKCNDY said:

    Oh, if you want to know what it was like to climb the stairs, someone posted a video from their GoPro.

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dfwzazFvuBQ

    I was going to do this, but I didn't have enough $$$ to buy a GoPro. I'll ask Santa for one...

    Somehow I expected that to be more strenuous, but it was actually pretty easy.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013



    Somehow I expected that to be more strenuous, but it was actually pretty easy.

    Yes, that's why I was so surprised to get to the top so fast, the stairs are in a tight spiral. I'm not in as good of shape as I was last year, so I'm setting my goal to get to the top in 10 minutes next year.

    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

    - Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    Woo Hoo!! My dog tag arrived today with a lovely note. Thank you, RK, for doing this--not only the lovely gifts, but for raising money for cancer research. F*ck cancer.

    Thank you, also, to the little birdies who gifted me with one of my holy grails. I am an extremely happy lady who may have danced around when she opened the package. :whistle: Your generosity is VERY much appreciated.
    :heart:Thank you Thank you Thank you,
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I got mine in the mail today too. Thank you RK!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,790
    I was in too late to get the tags (next time!) but did get a very nice hand written card -- thanks Lisa!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    That video was great!
    I've met Rob

    DEGENERATE FUK

    This place is dead

    "THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

    "Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
Sign In or Register to comment.