Options

Please donate to cancer research as I race from Base 2 Space

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:

So glad you smelled the many roses on the way up :)

Better than smelling the climbers, amirite?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dankind said:

hedonist said:

Better than smelling the climbers, amirite?
    Gah! At least Seattle isn't known for its heat otherwise that could've been overwhelming when downwind.
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Woohoo! Congratulations on completing the climb! ...and on the fundraising total :)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    hedonist said:

I thought that was a good play as well.Take it in!!
  • Options
    Congratulations, RK. Well done. :)
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I hastily tossed some pics together into some collages...

the last pic was taken from the patio at Marination...seemed to be a nice way to end the day and have dinner there.

Again, thank you all to my supporters, I couldn't be more grateful.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    RKCNDY said:

I finished...I finished at 20:02... I stopped to take lots of pictures, I took my time to enjoy the experience. The amazing views, being out in the open stairwell, feeling a chilly gust of wind come through the stairs...watching the elevators whiz by you as you spiral up, up, and up...

This was an amazing and exhilarating experience. I thought I would be exhausted, but it really wasn't that bad. There were people in the stairwells cheering you on, there were signs that told you how high up you were...it was a really great thing to be a part of.

At the moment, I am speechless from all of the support that I have received. I cannot properly put something together right now...give me a few days to gather my thoughts.

For now, thank you all for the love and support...I am so thankful.

Great fucking job! Forgive the profanity, I'm apparently in a feisty mood today, but it really is a great thing you did for a good cause.
  • Options
    Hail, Hail!!
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    RKCNDY said:

I hastily tossed some pics together into some collages...

the last pic was taken from the patio at Marination...seemed to be a nice way to end the day and have dinner there.

Again, thank you all to my supporters, I couldn't be more grateful.

Those pics are great. I knew the tower was tall, but much taller than I thought it was.

Awesome job!!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    The bottom left photo in the last row...must've felt awesome to see that.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    So now that you've blown us all away with your athletic skills, RK, when is the next exciting event - the draw?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    hedonist said:

The bottom left photo in the last row...must've felt awesome to see that.

Actually I just about fell over when I saw it...it was just suddenly there. I really just didn't think I was that high up. It's pretty much a spiral staircase with chain link fencing around it.

So now that you've blown us all away with your athletic skills, RK, when is the next exciting event - the draw?

Drawing will be on the 15th. I'm ordering shipping supplies, and making a little something for everybody that donated. :)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    im sorry i did not donate as im funny whom i donate to but it all seems genuine
    so next time you do this i will donate..
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    :hushed:
    You rocked this out, great work!!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Fab photos RK :)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Awesome job, RK!!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    I like the photos, great job!!
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Thank you for doing this to help others to make cancer stop. :hug:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    I am done drawing, and before I announce winners, I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to those that donated items, money and offered support.

If you don't know, this was the first time I have entered any sort of fundraising event-besides selling Girl Scout Cookies, but that's easy...who can resist those cookies?

This experience was so amazing, and supportive. It was well organized considering this was the first public stair climb for the Space Needle, over 1200 people participated. Participants raised over $500,000 for Fred Hutchinson (see article here: http://www.fredhutch.org/en/news/center-news/2015/10/Space-Needle-climb-for-Fred-Hutch.html)
    When I was climbing, some people asked me about the dog tags, I explained, "I purchased a tag for people that made a minimum donation, each tag has the name of a loved one that is fighting the battle against cancer, or one that has lost their battle. I'm carrying them to the top with me, and will be mailing the tag to the person who donated." One lady was brought to tears, she gave me a big hug and started bawling.
    I saw all sorts of people participating, from runner types all the way to people who didn't look like they would make it. Not only were there volunteers that were cheering you on, the other participants were cheering you on.
    Participating in this was more than just raising money, or climbing the stairs in my hometown's iconic landmark, it was something so different...something I didn't expect. I still cannot explain it.

Again, thank you all for your donations, love and support.
    See you next year Space Needle.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    ^^^^ great story, Lisa?

do you already have my address so you can send me my booty?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    RAFFLE WINNERS

*Raffle drawing was held by assigning sequential numbers to donators in the order donations were received-much like purchasing raffle tickets.
    *Prizes were listed in order of receipt.
    *Reading down the list of prizes, and using a random number generator- www.random.org, prize winners were chosen by random number selection of numbers 1-500.

1. Pearl Jam Hyde Park Poster 6/25/2010- won by northerndragon
    2. Mike McCready & EV Guitar pick/sticker set- won by northern dragon
    3. 2013 Charlottesville poster- won by dankind
    4. Mike McCready Free Ride 7"- won by rr65892
    5. Mad Season Locomotive 7"- won by F Me in the Brain
    6. EV 2009 Summer Tour Poster- won by F Me in the Brain
    7 PJ Auckland 2014 BDO Silver Press CD- won by wasa1971
    8. Austin 2009 Poster- won by oftenreading
    9. Mike McCready signed Turning Mist/Devil Doll 7"- won by imalive
    10. Music for Film Boxset Sealed- won by oftenreading
    11. Copenhagen Maxx242/Seth McFarlane Poster- won by Halifax2theMax
    12. Portland EMEK 2013 Poster-won by JB23237
    13. PJ20 Black vinyl- won by F Me in the Brain
    14. Spokane 2013 setlist- won by Halifax2theMax
    15. Toronto 2005 Poster- won by F Me in the Brain
    16. EV 2009 Poster- won by lolobug
    17. PJ Cincy Canvas print & stained glass frame- won by monkeewrench
    18. $50 10c Gift Card- won by brianlux
    19. Mad Season Live sealed- won by dankind

congrats to all the winners! I will be contacting donators shortly to coordinate shipping.
    If you have won, please PM me your preferred shipping address. I will contact winners over the weekend if I do not hear from you.

Thank you all! ♥

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Thank YOU for all the hard work put into this, RK :)
  • Options
    imalive said:

^^^^ great story, Lisa?

99 Bottles of Beer
    On the Wall, UT 12345

right?

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    RKCNDY said:

imalive said:

^^^^ great story, Lisa?

99 Bottles of Beer
    On the Wall, UT 12345

right?
    close enough. Do I get in touch with the donor or vice versa?

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Hahahahahahahahaha. I said I didn't want to be in the raffle as long as Rob didn't win anything. Thank you RK as it was worth seeing elitist F Me win the prizes while Rob got none.

Dankind, F Me, RR: PM me your address and I will get your prizes sent out that I contributed.

And most of all thank you RK, thank you for doing this. I never told my close friend that you took a dog tag with her name on it to the top of the space needle. I will give it to her instead when I tell her.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    imalive said:

RKCNDY said:

imalive said:

^^^^ great story, Lisa?

99 Bottles of Beer
    On the Wall, UT 12345

right?
    close enough. Do I get in touch with the donor or vice versa?

the donor gave me the prizes, so I am in possession of your swag, please PM me your address, and I will send it on its way!

Thank you for playing Wobbie!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Awesome job RK and I am happy to be a recipient of some of the prizes!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Congratulations to the raffle winners and for RK for organising it all :)
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Awesome job, my friend. Congratulations to all the winners!!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    I had to look at this list 5 times to make sure it was saying what I thought it was saying. WOO HOO!!!!!!!! I love that print!!!!!!! It will be proudly hung in my PJ room (as soon as I figure out space for it!) :smiley:

Congrats to all other winners!