Options

The song you always get denied

Comments

• Options
    Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Release

However, it seems like a bunch of you are craving Oceans and that was the first song I ever saw live...so I guess I can't really complain.

lol, me too...same show I am sure...9/8/98...
    have not seen Oceans since...thru 23 shows..
  • Options
    mozman88mozman88 Posts: 38
    Hail Hail, Breakerfall, Oceans, Faithfull

2000 - Indianapolis(8/18)
    2003 - Champaign(4/23), Indianapolis(6/22),
    Columbus(6/24), Hershey(7/12)
    2006 - Chicago (5/16), Chicago (5/17), Cincinnati (6/24)
    2007 - Vic -Chicago (8/2), Lollapalooza - Chicago (8/5)
  • Options
    Oceans.

Pittsburgh Maybe?
  • Options
    jhinkle1114jhinkle1114 Posts: 207
    Smile, Dissident, Oceans, Tremor Christ
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, DC
    2008: DC, Ed DC II
  • Options
    whoYOUarewhoYOUare Posts: 274
    Who You Are has been avoiding me for some time, the sad part is had i actually been able to use some of hte tickets i had to give back, or not take i would have seen it a couple times.
    In Hiding is another, the one Mansfield show in didnt go to in 2003 they played it, along with Rival, Soldier of Love, Driven To Tears, and I Got Shit, altho i have heard it twice this tour so i am not too sad about it.
    other than that there are some songs i want to hear again (like Tremor Christ, Present Tense or Baba O'Riely) but i guess those aren't "cursed"
    peace
  • Options
    I have only been to 2 shows and been lucky enough to see - smile,long road,indifference,dont gimme no lip,immortality and faithful twice, but I really want to hear RVM and release, those 2 songs would make me a happy man.
    walk the bridges,.......before you burn them down
  • Options
    Of the last 6 shows I have been to, they have opened with "Wash" twice and on both of those occasions, I have either been waiting in line to "release" some beer, or to buy a T-shirt. I love that song and have been kicking myself for missing the opening. At least neither were the "speed" version; I hate to think what I would have done in either case. However, at one of those shows (Philly '05), I did get to hear both "Hard to Imagine" and "Crown of Thorns", and at the other (Camden '06) we were all blessed with "Leash" and "Satan's Bed".
  • Options
    I've been to 14 shows over 12 years (drop in the bucket compared to some) and there's really only one song I've never heard live that I just ache to hear... RELEASE! ;)
    I've just been unlucky a few times, I missed 1 New York show one year and they played it! :( I go to all 4 Jersey shows this tour & they play it in DC in between! :(

Well, I got one more show to go, July 23rd @ the Gorge, fingers crossed! :p
    Please Eddie, play it for me :)

I'd love to hear Breath again too, only once so far

Wow, I've only been to 6 shows and 3 out of the 6 have opened with Release (Boston1 04, Toronto 05, DC 06)...how odd.

Mine would be All Or None and the long shot is Who You Are
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    rocketrocket Posts: 78
    i would love to hear present tense.have only heard release once so hoping they play it in australia at least once.there are songs i have only heard once like porch asnd indifference i would love to hear again.out of the four times i have seen the guys they have actually played tremor christ twice.
    someday you'll have a beautiful life i know you'll be a star.why can't it be ,can't it be in mine?
  • Options
    Wow, I've only been to 6 shows and 3 out of the 6 have opened with Release (Boston1 04, Toronto 05, DC 06)...how odd.

Mine would be All Or None and the long shot is Who You Are

You lucky BASTARD!!! Just kidding, sort of :p It is weird though right? So many shows?! :p

Oh and just to correct myself, I've been to 15 shows (miscounted earlier!) And because I'm afraid I'm going to miss a great song like Release or Breath or Crown of Thorns I'm now going to both Gorge shows! Plus I figure the Saturday show will be a monster! ;) I've been lucky enough to hear most of the songs everyone else clamors for, really, I just need Release :)
    Oh, if I knew where it was, I would take you there, but there's much more than this.
    Ooooh. Whoooa, much more than this. Woooh see the world. Much more than... Oooh, much more than.. Why?
  • Options
    canes98canes98 Posts: 14
    Smile
    Low Light
    All Those Yesterdays
    Crazy Mary--this one irks me as I went to both "normal" shows in Florida in 2003--Tampa and West Palm Beach--and while they played it at neither, they did play it in Orlando, which was a private radio station sponsored show that I could not get a ticket for.
    Chicago 07/11/95; Fort Lauderdale 10/07/96; Chicago 06/29/98; St. Louis 07/02/98; Katowice 06/15/00; West Palm Beach 04/11/03; Tampa 04/13/03; West Palm Beach 06/11/08; Tampa 06/12/08
  • Options
    neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    Anyone out there also cursed in waiting for that one song they really want to hear, only to get denied tour after tour?

I have been wainting patiently for Hard To Imagine for 12 years now and have been denied time after time.....

missed it by a night in 94 when they played it at the New Regal show, but not Chicago Stadium.

totally let down by missing it by a show again this year from Chicago 1/2 then being played at grand freaking rapids! I have not marked out and done the hat, painted my face, made signs, used a beach ball etc, will fate ever shine on my ears?

Who else feels the pain???

two more chances in Milwaukee

What is it for all of you, the one song you have to hear live but constantly get denied? Who You Are already has a vote from Chris D.

h2(mIke) 84XXX

3-10-94 Chicago Stadium
    7-11-95 Chicago Soldier Field
    7-08-95 Milwaukee, WI- Summerfest
    6-26-98 Alpine Valley WI
    10-08-00 Alpine Valley, WI
    6-18-03 Chicago, UC
    6-21-03 Alpine
    6-22-03 Noblesville, IN
    5-16-06 Chicago, UC
    5-17-06 Chicago, UC
    6-29-06 Milwaukeefest
    6-30-06 Milwaukeefest

best band ever

thanks to the band for rotating the setlists and make every single show SPECIAL

best band ever
  • Options
    In Hiding.
  • Options
    AndiMAndiM Posts: 102
    - In my Tree
    - RitFW
    - Jeremy

But I've been to three shows only so far. So I'm still hopefull about it ;-).
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    Breath, In My Tree & No Way
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,493
    WASH

mother effing WASH

always at the show I dont go to
  • Options
    Release! But I'm not giving up :P
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Footsteps
    Crown
    Nothingman
    Rats

My wish for Low Light and got shit was fulfilled in London :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Oceans and Breath are two of the big ones I'm still waiting on...
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Crown of Thorns

When I met Ed in Toronto after the show there in 2003 I asked if PJ could play this in Philly that year. He said OK or yeah, something affirmative. They didn't play it there that year (technically the shows were across the river in NJ), but did play it at the next show in NYC. I will also note they played it in Philly 2 years later in 2005 (a show I couldn't attend)

2006, PJ plays it in Chicago (I had gone to the 2003 show there also), I went to the next show in Grand Rapids. It was a great show, but still disappointed I missed Crown of Thorns again by one show.
  • Options
    piaget77piaget77 Posts: 156
    Sometimes, Breakerfall, and Oceans.
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    When I'm seeing a show with my buddy Tim. We always get denied Dissident. Haven't heard it since we both went to the Alpine 2000 aka ''Ice Bowl'' show.
  • Options
    Punk77Punk77 Posts: 48
    In my tree, oceans, footsteps

and.. LOVE to hear the Indifference chord version like Eddie did with Harper at Tripple J's.
  • Options
    tschoesstschoess Posts: 44
    Release, It's OK-Tag, Hunger strike
    Encompassing trip 2006: 22.9. Prague - 23.9.Berlin - 25.9.Vienna
    to be continued 2007 in Munich - Nova Rock - London
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    12 SHOWS
    NO OCEANS
    NO GARDEN
    SMILE (I think once)
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Smile

In My Tree

Hold On

Undone

All Or None

Parachutes

All Those Yesterdays
  • Options
    lateraluslateralus Posts: 111
    Black!!!

I'd LOVE to hear that song!

3 shows and no Black :(
    13/9/06: Bern
    12/6/07: Munich
    23/6/07: Southside Festival
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Around The Bend.

Wash used to be mine, but I finally saw it at like my 23rd-24th show (Ottawa 05), and then again a few shows later (Camden 06)
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Black and Daughter.... 2 shows in less than 1 year and neither song was played. My friend went to Dublin 3 days before I saw them my first time at Reading, he got Black AND Daughter/it's ok.... lucky son of a bi...

Did get Present Tense at London though :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    oh and No Way.... mind you who hasn't been denied that song since 7th September 1998?! 3 times they've played it in all these years, 3 TIMES I tell you! it's an outrage! lol
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.