Options

Please Ten Club consider releasing Vault 1 & 2 on VINYL

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    edited November 2021
    BV84003 said:
    A lot of what the 10c is doing these days seems incredibly detrimental to people that are continuing to pay annual fees. If they're not intentionally pissing people off, they're doing a damn fine job of it. You practically have to be living on the forum 24/7 to even have a chance at obtaining many things. 
    For this item, I received an email alerting me to the sale, just like I am sure every other member did. Did you not receive the email and then have days to decide to purchase? I did. 
    days? wasn't it sold out in a couple hours?
    Absolutely not. It was available for 4 days. No excuses.
    I thought you were wrong and double checked the "Tomorrow's the 10th" thread. First mention of it being sold out was on 11/15. So you are right, at least 4 days. By the amount of complaints I had come to think it was a few hours too.
    Still, I feel for those who assumed it would be a several week (or even month)  preorder as usual. But usually they put a deadline too, I remember a few years they'd say order by 8/31 or something, so I'd wait until a few days before to order. I just had a feeling about this one to order right away. Glad I did.
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 598
    BV84003 said:
    A lot of what the 10c is doing these days seems incredibly detrimental to people that are continuing to pay annual fees. If they're not intentionally pissing people off, they're doing a damn fine job of it. You practically have to be living on the forum 24/7 to even have a chance at obtaining many things. 
    For this item, I received an email alerting me to the sale, just like I am sure every other member did. Did you not receive the email and then have days to decide to purchase? I did. 
    Absolutely not. It was available for 4 days. No excuses.
    Maybe 5 days on the UK store.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    BV84003 said:
    No, I don't think so. UK store had stock for longer but even the us store had it up for a few days, I think. But still, the various have previously been available for ages so you can understand people waiting if it suited their finances better, or they just didn't feel particularly rushed. It's a bummer for sure, but it is what it is. Any comments about booking pressing plants etc is kind of moot, because they could've just taken the pre-order earlier (at a time that allowed the booking they wanted, like previously).
  • Options
    You guys are right. It was actually available for 5 days, not 4. Seems like plenty of time to have purchased…for anyone.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Damn, my instincts were right, not to screw around with the vault orders. Not in my hands yet though.   I was going to put it off but just before going to bed on the 11th I said no fucking around get it ordered. 
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    You guys are right. It was actually available for 5 days, not 4. Seems like plenty of time to have purchased…for anyone.
    That's not really the point people that missed out are making though. But it is true that it was easier than some things have been to get, probably exactly because 10C didn't explicitly state it was more limited this time.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850
    Where's that Vault 2 vinyl pre order? 
  • Options
    bazzer said:
    That's not really the point people that missed out are making though. But it is true that it was easier than some things have been to get, probably exactly because 10C didn't explicitly state it was more limited this time.
    What’s the point then? The next time an item is sold on this site where nobody complains about something will be the first time.

people complaining on this particular sale that they didn’t have time or noice to purchase are just mad at themselves that they procrastinated. 
  • Options
    I think the reason why people are mad is that previous vaults have all been open for a certain amount of time. If people are short of cash due to not getting paid until the end of the month or something, then I would say it would be fair to think that there would be time to order later in the month when cash is easier to get. I understand there was plenty of time, but can understand why people waited. It wouldn’t have taken much to just state that this was different to other vault orders. 
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • Options
    I think the reason why people are mad is that previous vaults have all been open for a certain amount of time. If people are short of cash due to not getting paid until the end of the month or something, then I would say it would be fair to think that there would be time to order later in the month when cash is easier to get. I understand there was plenty of time, but can understand why people waited. It wouldn’t have taken much to just state that this was different to other vault orders. 
    Give me a break
  • Options
    bazzer said:
    What’s the point then? The next time an item is sold on this site where nobody complains about something will be the first time.

people complaining on this particular sale that they didn’t have time or noice to purchase are just mad at themselves that they procrastinated. 
    Your first paragraph is so true!

But you forgot to mention the people explaining why their complaints are not valid. And also the people defending everything. It is the internet, I guess.
  • Options
    Give me a break
    Fair enough. 👍🏻
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,372
    demetrios said:
    This one will sell out in 1 day for sure.
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    demetrios said:
    I only ask that people start saving their money now and put it into a jar, so that when the sale is posted, we don’t have to hear their sob story that they didn’t have time to save up. They can inevitably complain about something instead.
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    demetrios said:
    I only ask that people start saving their money now and put it into a jar, so that when the sale is posted, we don’t have to hear their sob story that they didn’t have time to save up. They can inevitably complain about something instead.
    Or Tenclub can just do something called ”communication”. 

It’s free. And it would not hurt them. Or you. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    demetrios said:

They did. They emailed everyone. 
  • Options
    I have been in dire straits financially during my life...times when I needed to wait to the end of the month to make a rent payment.  Trying not to sound like a parent (which I am) here but...if you are in a position where you are waiting "to order later in the month when cash is easier to get" for a vinyl "extravagance" you need to take a long look at what you consider are your priorities.  
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    demetrios said:

Okey. Go all into that role if you feel like it. 

zzz.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    RS65573 said:
    demetrios said:

zzz.
    Well, they did email everyone. Those are facts.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    All due respect….  No one’s asking you to read and comment about posts you disagree with.  Sometimes you don’t have to say anything at all, you know?  I’m in camp “sold out”, so I def get the sentiment.  

And look…as someone who’s consistently paid to be in the “club” for over 2 decades, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have something in the fine print stating that quantities will/might be limited.  I just reread the email that went out…I didn’t see anything in there about that.  Again, all previous Vault vinyls were available for weeks in the past….

I mean…maybe (?)…we (Camp “Sold Out”) should’ve put two and two together that it was gonna sell out?  Maybe?  But, I can’t help but think that a lot of folks were of the mind they’d do what they’ve done in the past: wait a few weeks for orders to come in; give an indicator in the forum that the window is closing (which they’ve def done in the past); then move to production.  I get it - things change, they didn’t do that this go.

Regarding the money comments - Maybe some of us have to budget for these things.  Right?  And look…not everyone is sitting by a device just waiting and ready for when these things drop…  

And given that the holidays are right around the corner - its also not unreasonable that people might need some time to make sure they’ve got the extra funding, yo!!

Again…I get it - some got it; some missed out.  That’s life.  But I don’t think (at least based on what I’ve read so far) that folks are being unreasonable about their grievance (my humble .02).  #accidentalBinauralreference 

To each their own, but I feel your pain fellow “sold out” campers.  Keep an eye out - who knows - we might get lucky.

To those who got it - enjoy 🤓…. It’s gonna be a thing of beauty!! 🤘

✌️
  • Options
    I have been in dire straits financially during my life...times when I needed to wait to the end of the month to make a rent payment.  Trying not to sound like a parent (which I am) here but...if you are in a position where you are waiting "to order later in the month when cash is easier to get" for a vinyl "extravagance" you need to take a long look at what you consider are your priorities.  
    Or, some people could have a budget. They might have used their discretionary amount for that month and they know they have to be strict on themselves and not "borrow" from next month because that has got them in trouble before. So instead they decide to wait and order next week when their budget rolls over since that's always been ok before with the vaults, only to find them sold out.

Not to sound like a parent (which i am) here but... I would call that financial responsibility and if they were my child I would be proud of them for showing such restraint on an item they really wanted. When they told me about how upset they were and about how it wasn't fair and anything else, I would sympathise with them about how it sucks when you can't get what you want, even when you thought you were doing the right thing. I wouldn't dismiss their feelings as invalid or try to explain to them why they were wrong. 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • Options
    Amen
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    demetrios said:

🤣
  • Options
    ravilloriasravillorias Paris Posts: 458
    bigbiggzy said:
    All due respect….  No one’s asking you to read and comment about posts you disagree with.  Sometimes you don’t have to say anything at all, you know?  I’m in camp “sold out”, so I def get the sentiment.  

And look…as someone who’s consistently paid to be in the “club” for over 2 decades, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have something in the fine print stating that quantities will/might be limited.  I just reread the email that went out…I didn’t see anything in there about that.  Again, all previous Vault vinyls were available for weeks in the past….

I mean…maybe (?)…we (Camp “Sold Out”) should’ve put two and two together that it was gonna sell out?  Maybe?  But, I can’t help but think that a lot of folks were of the mind they’d do what they’ve done in the past: wait a few weeks for orders to come in; give an indicator in the forum that the window is closing (which they’ve def done in the past); then move to production.  I get it - things change, they didn’t do that this go.

Regarding the money comments - Maybe some of us have to budget for these things.  Right?  And look…not everyone is sitting by a device just waiting and ready for when these things drop…  

And given that the holidays are right around the corner - its also not unreasonable that people might need some time to make sure they’ve got the extra funding, yo!!

Again…I get it - some got it; some missed out.  That’s life.  But I don’t think (at least based on what I’ve read so far) that folks are being unreasonable about their grievance (my humble .02).  #accidentalBinauralreference 

To each their own, but I feel your pain fellow “sold out” campers.  Keep an eye out - who knows - we might get lucky.

To those who got it - enjoy 🤓…. It’s gonna be a thing of beauty!! 🤘

✌️
    Totally agree on this !
    -- rafa
  • Options
    bazzer said:
    Or, some people could have a budget. They might have used their discretionary amount for that month and they know they have to be strict on themselves and not "borrow" from next month because that has got them in trouble before. So instead they decide to wait and order next week when their budget rolls over since that's always been ok before with the vaults, only to find them sold out.

Not to sound like a parent (which i am) here but... I would call that financial responsibility and if they were my child I would be proud of them for showing such restraint on an item they really wanted. When they told me about how upset they were and about how it wasn't fair and anything else, I would sympathise with them about how it sucks when you can't get what you want, even when you thought you were doing the right thing. I wouldn't dismiss their feelings as invalid or try to explain to them why they were wrong. 🤷🏽‍♂️
    I don't disagree with a word you wrote...I hesitated in posting this and kind of regret it now.  In this hypothetical world I would do my best to not "dismiss their feelings or try to explain to them why they were wrong".  I would point out that they need to determine where their $50+ would be best spent (or saved) if money is that tight.  And, by the way, I hope that at this point the people on this site (average age 45? 50?) don't need either of us to sympathize with them and/or explain to them "how it sucks when [they] can't get what [they] want"....if that is what people are looking for....i don't know what to say.

Christ...now I probably am being insensitive...sorry in advance for any triggers I may have just pulled.  :)
  • Options
    bazzer said:

I don't disagree with a word you wrote...I hesitated in posting this and kind of regret it now.  In this hypothetical world I would do my best to not "dismiss their feelings or try to explain to them why they were wrong".  I would point out that they need to determine where their $50+ would be best spent (or saved) if money is that tight.  And, by the way, I hope that at this point the people on this site (average age 45? 50?) don't need either of us to sympathize with them and/or explain to them "how it sucks when [they] can't get what [they] want"....if that is what people are looking for....i don't know what to say.

Christ...now I probably am being insensitive...sorry in advance for any triggers I may have just pulled.  :)
    I really don't get the whole budget argument thing.  It's not like you are paying in cash.  If you pay by credit card, you have from a couple of weeks to over a month to pay.  
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    demetrios said:

zzz.
    The truth role?
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 644
    bazzer said:

I really don't get the whole budget argument thing.  It's not like you are paying in cash.  If you pay by credit card, you have from a couple of weeks to over a month to pay.  
    True that.
    If you're living paycheck to paycheck last thing you need is more vinyl. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    RS65573 said:
    demetrios said:
    seems like you're complaining the most. you could always scroll by. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited November 2021
    One thing I definitely don't think 10C should be expected to do is consider people's personal financial situations when they drop merch. That is not their business, nor their problem. And I'm not judging or anything, but yeah, if I personally were the one who had to wait until the end of the month before I could scrape up the money to buy an album, I wouldn't be buying vinyl.... or concert tickets, for that matter. But hey, that's just me.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata