Options

Please Ten Club consider releasing Vault 1 & 2 on VINYL

Comments

• Options
    RS65573 said:
    demetrios said:
    Where's that Vault 2 vinyl pre order? 
    This one will sell out in 1 day for sure.
    I only ask that people start saving their money now and put it into a jar, so that when the sale is posted, we don’t have to hear their sob story that they didn’t have time to save up. They can inevitably complain about something instead.
    seems like you're complaining the most. you could always scroll by. 
    No. I’m the guy who was able to decide in less than 5 days to purchase vault 1; you must be thinking of someone who can’t make decisions in less than a week’s time.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,150
    Deep analysis and examination! Reminds me of the PJ ‘professor’ segment in the PJ20 doc. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 713
    edited November 2021
    Kids - if you wanna have things put in perspective…tune in and watch the EB special.

My sweet God…talk about being humbled…
    Post edited by bigbiggzy on
  • Options
    bazzer said:
    You guys are right. It was actually available for 5 days, not 4. Seems like plenty of time to have purchased…for anyone.
    That's not really the point people that missed out are making though. But it is true that it was easier than some things have been to get, probably exactly because 10C didn't explicitly state it was more limited this time.
    What’s the point then? The next time an item is sold on this site where nobody complains about something will be the first time.

people complaining on this particular sale that they didn’t have time or noice to purchase are just mad at themselves that they procrastinated. 
    Yep. Put it on a credit card, you have a month to find the funds…
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Ordered within an hour of going on sale in UK. Went to go back for another a day later as an insurance policy for damage but changed my mind and see it is sold out on both sites. Unlike US site, UK was open to anyone. People could use multiple addresses and emails so no way of policing that unfortunately. Im sure lots have bought more than 1.

• Options
    MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    FR181798 said:
    Ordered within an hour of going on sale in UK. Went to go back for another a day later as an insurance policy for damage but changed my mind and see it is sold out on both sites. Unlike US site, UK was open to anyone. People could use multiple addresses and emails so no way of policing that unfortunately. Im sure lots have bought more than 1.

UK site was open to non ten club members?
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,528
    MUZIK said:
    FR181798 said:

When I clicked on the link it took me there, but it wouldn't take my log in information, but still let get get most of the way through check out without logging in. (I stopped before completing the purchase).
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    PJ_Soul said:
    One thing I definitely don't think 10C should be expected to do is consider people's personal financial situations when they drop merch. That is not their business, nor their problem. And I'm not judging or anything, but yeah, if I personally were the one who had to wait until the end of the month before I could scrape up the money to buy an album, I wouldn't be buying vinyl.... or concert tickets, for that matter. But hey, that's just me.
    Agree here.

And also agree that this was a curveball by them.  To keep vaults live for so long and then suddenly on this one, end the presale in a week is surprising and out of the norm.  It was not an unreasonable assumption for members to think they had time and procrastinate. 

Now if one were really thinking about it, the fact that this sale was "one per member" rather than "one per order" could lead to the (likely accurate) belief that this one is more limited than the previous ones.  But of course they didn't limit NO Code.  Maybe they recognized that mistake.

But at the end of the day, 10C had 2k (or whatever to sell) and they sold them.  Communicating to the members that this one was more limited would lead to a faster sale, not more revenue.  But it would have been better for them to be more clear.  That always goes a long way.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,150
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    One thing I definitely don't think 10C should be expected to do is consider people's personal financial situations when they drop merch. That is not their business, nor their problem. And I'm not judging or anything, but yeah, if I personally were the one who had to wait until the end of the month before I could scrape up the money to buy an album, I wouldn't be buying vinyl.... or concert tickets, for that matter. But hey, that's just me.
    Agree here.

And also agree that this was a curveball by them.  To keep vaults live for so long and then suddenly on this one, end the presale in a week is surprising and out of the norm.  It was not an unreasonable assumption for members to think they had time and procrastinate. 

Now if one were really thinking about it, the fact that this sale was "one per member" rather than "one per order" could lead to the (likely accurate) belief that this one is more limited than the previous ones.  But of course they didn't limit NO Code.  Maybe they recognized that mistake.

But at the end of the day, 10C had 2k (or whatever to sell) and they sold them.  Communicating to the members that this one was more limited would lead to a faster sale, not more revenue.  But it would have been better for them to be more clear.  That always goes a long way.
    logical star trek GIF
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    MUZIK said:
    FR181798 said:

Yeah you dont need to be a member when buying on the UK store, never have done which I always thought was strange when some US vaults (if not all) were exclusive to members. If you live in the UK where postage is £4 or something doesnt take much to realise buy 2, sell the 2nd and it will probably pay for your own copy. No issue with people doing that when its a presale up for several months but obviously a little more limited this time. People will have extras, these could end up being the priciest on the secondary market out of all of them.
  • Options
    MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    FR181798 said:
    MUZIK said:
    FR181798 said:

Yeah you dont need to be a member when buying on the UK store, never have done which I always thought was strange when some US vaults (if not all) were exclusive to members. If you live in the UK where postage is £4 or something doesnt take much to realise buy 2, sell the 2nd and it will probably pay for your own copy. No issue with people doing that when its a presale up for several months but obviously a little more limited this time. People will have extras, these could end up being the priciest on the secondary market out of all of them.
    Now this I have in issue with.

Ten club is allowing for non paying members to buy in item that is potentially limited from members who actually pay. 

As much as I try and understand the ten club I never will. 

Hopefully this gets addressed. 
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Options
    MUZIK said:
    FR181798 said:
    MUZIK said:
    FR181798 said:

Ten club is allowing for non paying members to buy in item that is potentially limited from members who actually pay. 

Im trying to think back to the early vaults, it started members only then at a point they opened it up to anyone on some of them. Ever since we've had the UK store (which has been great for me) Ive never had to login. There is an option to login but it does something weird and takes you to the US site.

I think the situation with vinyl these days is that everything new is limited, so if you really want it then buy straight away if you can afford to. Paying for stuff Im not going to get for 6 months is tough. I have about £500 tied up in preorders for records released well into next year. £220 or so for Smashing Pumpkins vaults etc.
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    Well isn’t this a kick in the balls. I missed out buying the last vault release myself (thankfully a very kind member here helped me obtain it), and now I find out this was pulled from preorder before I could even remember it was available and order it. Come on. We deserve better in 2021.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,022

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,149
    edited November 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Agree here.

I find it quite odd that this type of sound logic is impossible for  mookieblalock to understand. 

And of course, seem - from how this and things historically have been handled - to be impossible for Tenclub to follow.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Can we just get vault #1 on cd?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 605
    FR181798 said:
    MUZIK said:
    FR181798 said:
    MUZIK said:
    FR181798 said:

Im trying to think back to the early vaults, it started members only then at a point they opened it up to anyone on some of them. Ever since we've had the UK store (which has been great for me) Ive never had to login. There is an option to login but it does something weird and takes you to the US site.

I think the situation with vinyl these days is that everything new is limited, so if you really want it then buy straight away if you can afford to. Paying for stuff Im not going to get for 6 months is tough. I have about £500 tied up in preorders for records released well into next year. £220 or so for Smashing Pumpkins vaults etc.
    Same issue for me. The UK store doesn’t let you log in, but thankfully was still able to order without doing so.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Can we just get vault #1 on cd?

CD and Digital Downloads will be available for purchase after Vault orders ship 

• Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Agree here.

I find it quite odd that this type of sound logic is impossible for  mookieblalock to understand. 

And of course, seem - from how this and things historically have been handled - to be impossible for Tenclub to follow.
    I get both side but in the description of the previous vaults it had been stated that there was a window where they could be ordered and there wasn't anything like this for this one.  So anyone who went to the store and looked at the item and description should have known this isn't like the others.  I do feel bad for people who just read the newsletter and assumed they had a month long window and didn't even look at the item in the store until it was too late.  

In the end it seem no matter the band does there will be a segment of its fan base that are unhappy.  You do an open order the vinyl takes forever to get to people they complain, you get an order in to get the vinyl out faster do preorders it sells out people complain.  Everyone makes all these assumptions and gets upset when they aren't true.   I know this might come off a littlie dickish but this fanbase really seems to expect the band to do a lot of handholding when it comes to basically everything.  
  • Options
    Can we be totally real and acknowledge that if they advertised this as super limited to what was already printed that it would’ve been gone in seconds to resellers and more people would be upset than are now. That is 100% what would’ve transpired. 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,528
    Can we be totally real and acknowledge that if they advertised this as super limited to what was already printed that it would’ve been gone in seconds to resellers and more people would be upset than are now. That is 100% what would’ve transpired. 
    The flippers would have been out in force. And you are right, there would have been anger that they didn’t do enough to stop the flippers. 
  • Options

• Options
    edited November 2021
    The flippers would have been out in force. And you are right, there would have been anger that they didn’t do enough to stop the flippers. 
    100% if they had said how limited it was, even more would have missed out.

Not sure what the issue would have been to do a window for a month or whatever as they used to, making it clear that once that time is up then no more would be available and that there will be a 6 month wait. Order more than needed so enough to cover missing and damaged. I for one would have been fine with waiting, as long as it is clearly communicated I dont think its a problem.

Were 10c being limited to how many they could get, did they think because it was an old vault that not as many people would want it. Seems like it would have been easy money.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    I guess the flipping argument is that a person that would not have normally purchased it, would?  Because it was still only 1 per member.  I guess it's possible but I tend to think anyone inclined to buy and flip vaults already knows that they all go for more than face as soon as they are out the door. 
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,911
    I thought it was fairly obvious it would be a limited window to order since there was no preorder end date, they said it would ship fairly soon (in relation to the other vaults), and it was one per member and not one per order.  
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,447

• Options

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    mrussel1 said:
    I guess the flipping argument is that a person that would not have normally purchased it, would?  Because it was still only 1 per member.  I guess it's possible but I tend to think anyone inclined to buy and flip vaults already knows that they all go for more than face as soon as they are out the door. 
    but if this one was known to be as limited as it was, the value inherently goes up, tending to attract more flippers. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,990
    yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of fans here who don't buy vinyl, but wouldn't have a problem buying one to flip to cover the price of tickets to a show or 2. That keeps someone who really loves the vaults on vinyl from getting a copy. Keeping it vague prevents a panic buy from those who want to take advantage of something limited and gives an opportunity for someone who REALLY wants it to jump on it immediately (or within 5 days in this case)

Could they have been more forthcoming with details? I guess, but at least this didn't sell out in 15 min. Or an hour. While not the normal 3-4 months to pre-order, if you really WANTED it, you had ample time to order.

• Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 646
    yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of fans here who don't buy vinyl, but wouldn't have a problem buying one to flip to cover the price of tickets to a show or 2. That keeps someone who really loves the vaults on vinyl from getting a copy. Keeping it vague prevents a panic buy from those who want to take advantage of something limited and gives an opportunity for someone who REALLY wants it to jump on it immediately (or within 5 days in this case)

Could they have been more forthcoming with details? I guess, but at least this didn't sell out in 15 min. Or an hour. While not the normal 3-4 months to pre-order, if you really WANTED it, you had ample time to order.

Amen. Couldn't agree more.