Comments

• I knew about Back to the Future, lol
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    I figured that. NOW I know..

Did you know that cats can smell with their tongues? ( sort of.. It's a bit more complicated than just that.. But..)
  • AafkeAafke Posts: 1,219
    Yes, I know.

Did you know, humans can only taste the difference between sweet, bitter, sour and salt with their mouth, and the rest of the tastes they define with their nose?
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed".- Carl Jung.
    "Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see."- Paul Klee
  • No, is that true?

Did you know Ralph Macchio turned down the role of Marty McFly in Back to the Future?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Yes. Also knew about the taste thing. Alton Brown taught me that.

DYK that bananas are actually berries, not fruit?
  • Yes, I just read that recently.

DYK tomatoes are a fruit- not a vegetable?
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    So I've heard, but really they're never going in my fruit salad.

Do you know that almost all of us have parasites around our eyelashes?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Yes...and all over our bodies too.

DYK that latex allergies can also produce allergies to bananas, avocados, kiwis, and chestnuts?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    No.
    (Also, re: tomatoes.. I saw a joke once that said "What's the difference between knowledge and wisdom? Knowledge is understanding tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.")

DYK the band Live was originally called Public Affection?
  • Had no idea.

Did you know Alfred Hitchcock was afraid of his own movies?
    No...I did know that they were supposed to be pronounced like 'give'.

DYK in some countries, the day you are born, you are already considered to be 1 year old?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    RKCNDY said:

No...I did know that they were supposed to be pronounced like 'give'.

DYK in some countries, the day you are born, you are already considered to be 1 year old?

Yes. China and some other Asian countries, I believe, count you as 1 from your birth.

Did you know that the food is really good in Malta because they were conquered by basically everyone around the Mediterranean, so have a lot of different cuisines to draw from?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    edited May 2015
    I didn't know that but I've been to Malta and the food was good, their English was also good.

DYK - that all the roads lead to Rome ?
    Post edited by Annafalk on
    No. But that makes sense.

Did you know that a horse's teeth grow for their whole lives?
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    nope, never knew.

Did you know that Rochester is all the way next to Canada, and not somewhere on top of the Bronx where the Metro North train goes?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    I knew that Rocheyser was next to Canada.. But had no idea about the trains..

Did you know that white is really the bleeding of all colors at once and black is the absence of color?
    um.. I knew that darkness is the absence of light. Is that kind of the same thing?

Did you know that Aunt Jemima is NOT maple syrup and that my whole life has been a lie?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    Lmao yes. ( well the part about it not being Maple syrup.)

Did you know that Aunt Jemima was a real person?
    No. I know about the Mamy stereotype and the association with slavery and racism but i wasn't aware there was a single person it was based on.

Did you know they sell fans with built in "ionizer" now?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,101
    Yes but I have never used one.

Did you know that Axl Rose was selected as his stage name because it is an anagram for Oral Sex.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    no...but I do know his real name is William Bailey.

Did you know Betty Crocker is a person made up of a combination of regular housewives?

- Christopher McCandless
    No that's really cool!

Did you know that popcorn was invented on accident?
    no! but it doesn't surprise me...it's basically chicken feed or something right?

Did you know 99% or calico cats are female?

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I did not know that...how interesting and odd...lol

Did you know that Bette Nesmith Graham, was the inventor of liquid paper and also the mother of Mike Nesmith of the Monkees???
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,101
    No idea.

Did you know that the moon is not able to be used for military purposes due to a treaty we initiated with the Soviets during the space race?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    No. Like we honor treaties in the US. Colonization and then universal dominance here we come!

Did you know natural red headed people will gone in the future. It takes both dominant genes to make one and with gingers having babies with regular folk the color is becoming extinct.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Good! Who needs them anyway!

Did you know that Harry Truman was an inactive member of the KKK? He was allegedly encouraged to pay the $10 membership fee because at the time the KKK was a powerful political force.
    edited May 2015

Good! Who needs them anyway!

Did you know that Harry Truman was an inactive member of the KKK? He was allegedly encouraged to pay the $10 membership fee because at the time the KKK was a powerful political force.

:lol: to your answer TWTM!

...and no

Did you know that one of the state highways in Washington was built on a geological fault line, so it will constantly need to be repaired?

- Christopher McCandless
  • No. But that is a good excuse to maintain a road.

Did you know that the platypus is a mammal but it lays eggs?
    Found that out watching videos with my kids a few years back. That fact sticks with me for some reason.
    i did know that, the male platy also produces venom.

did you forget to ask a DYKT question?

- Christopher McCandless