***The Official 'Did You Know??' Thread***

Comments

• PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863

I don't even know who Daniel Tosh is!

DYK that Steven Speilberg originally wanted to use m&m's in the movie E.T., but they said no after they weren't allowed to see the final script?

WTM...how do you not know who Daniel Tosh is??? Tosh.0...

I guess I did know that about ice cubes; I just never really thought about it.

No I did not know that about Tea leaves.

Did you know that, despite it's size, all of China is in one time zone?

No I did not know that...

Did you know that RDJ refused to play in the Avenger's AOU, until all of his cast mates got an increase in pay like he did...?
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    PJSiren said:

I don't even know who Daniel Tosh is!

DYK that Steven Speilberg originally wanted to use m&m's in the movie E.T., but they said no after they weren't allowed to see the final script?

WTM...how do you not know who Daniel Tosh is??? Tosh.0...

I guess I did know that about ice cubes; I just never really thought about it.

No I did not know that about Tea leaves.

Did you know that, despite it's size, all of China is in one time zone?

No I did not know that...

Did you know that RDJ refused to play in the Avenger's AOU, until all of his cast mates got an increase in pay like he did...?
    Yes I did, reddit taught me that.

Did you know that Canada is the garter snake capital of the world?
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • I remember hearing that for some reason. So yes.

Did you know that Saskatchewan (Regina is the capital) does not participate in Daylight Savings time?
  • No, and that seemed so odd I looked it up and learned that, as per the government, there is only one time zone used (Beijing standard time) but geographically it spans 5 time zones. Wow, would that ever be a nuisance for everyone not in Beijing.

Did you know that the province of Newfoundland and Labrador keeps a time zone that is 3.5 hours less than GMT (not 3, not 4, but 3.5).

I did not know that. Very strange.

Did you know that redheads don't go grey? Their hair just fades to lesser shades of red.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    No but doesn't surprise me. Gingers are soul less after all as South Park taught me.

Did you know when you have deja vu its just your synapses firing twice giving you that feeling.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Yes I knew that about Saskatchewan; no I did not know that about déjà vu. Interesting.

Did you know that male squirrel monkeys sometimes assert dominance by urinating on subordinates?
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Don't all male primates do that? :whistle:

Did you know that when water goes through the water cycle, it only spend about 9 days in the atmosphere (the shortest part of the cycle)?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    No, but there is also a place near India that has the same thing...maybe they got together to split that hour...

Do you get jet lag?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY said:

No, but there is also a place near India that has the same thing...maybe they got together to split that hour...

Do you get jet lag?

No.

Did you know you posted that in the wrong thread?
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527

RKCNDY said:

Do you get jet lag?

No.

Did you know you posted that in the wrong thread?
    LMAO... Yes... I think now she does. Besides we all have done this at least once in our posting careers!

Did you know that while galloping ( not cantering or loping- which is THE SAME thing!!) a horse maintains .000152 seconds of hang time? ( not a single hoof on the ground). And..... that proving this was how motion pictures got started?
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    I didn't know.

Did you know that there are more descendants from Sweden living in the U.S. than there are Swedes in Sweden.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    No.

Did you know that Kirk Douglas was originally cast as Trautman in the first Rambo movie?
    No.

Did you know I was testing everybody and purposefully posted an incorrect question?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • No I did not know that.

Did you know I can make kick-ass omelettes now?
    Yes, I did...I saw them on IG.

Did you know if you plant corriamder...the resulting plant is known as cilantro?

- Christopher McCandless
    No that's strange hmm

Did you know that an oak three can get about 600 yrs old or something like that (at least very old)
  • Had no idea!

Did you know that if a female ferret doesn't have sex for one year she will die?

Yes, it kept me from getting one as a pet (boy ferrets smell funky).

Did you know there are 'daytime fireworks'?

- Christopher McCandless
    I didn't know that, interesting.

Did you know that there is an ishockey WM going on in Prag?
    No

Did you know labs and poodles are the only dogs that have true webbed feet?

- Christopher McCandless
    No.

Did you know society originally rejected twister as a game. It was called sex in a box. Premonitions about naked twister I guess.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    No, but it doesn't surprise me.

Did you know that Michael J. Fox inserted the "J" into his name to distinguish himself from actor Michael Fox, because the Screen Actors Guild cannot have two actors with the same name on their books?
  • I remember him saying that his middle initial was 'A' but that he thought 'J' sounded better. I didn't know that about the Screen Actors Guild.

Did you know that another actor was cast as and played Marty McFly for the first 4 weeks before the director determined he had been miscast? It cost an extra $3 million to start the film over with Michael J. Fox.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    No, although good choice in the end.

Did you know that a person will die quicker from total lack of sleep than total lack of food?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    No, and that does not sound hopeful for us insomniacs.

(i did hear a similar story about Julia Roberts...her real name is Julie)

Did you know that Soap Lake (in Washington State) has the highest diverse mineral content than any other body of water on the planet? (you actually 'float' in the water)

- Christopher McCandless
    Yes!
    There's like 20 different minerals per volume! That's like the Dead Sea!

Did you know that The Salton Sea is a protected Mineral Bed? ( not just a state park.. A PROTECTED mineral bed... there's a $2500 fine for temoving salt clusters).
    No.

Did you know I do not believe any of you knew all these facts and used google?
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Yes.
    But I knew some of them.

Did you know there are only 4 words in the English language which end in 'dous' (they are: hazardous, horrendous, stupendous and tremendous)?
    cdysinge said:

No.

Did you know I do not believe any of you knew all these facts and used google?

Nope all my facts I learned the real way.. By experience.. Except the motion picture thing.. I learned that in Equine Science class..
    Did you know that I knew the Soap Lake thing? I've been there, knew about it for a while...

- Christopher McCandless