Options

Give Way Promo CD

im an earim an ear San Diego, CA Posts: 245
Can anyone hook it up with a download of the Give Way CD in mp3 form? PM me if you can. I'd really appreciate it!
San Diego, CA - 10/25/00, San Diego, CA - 7/7/06, Los Angeles, CA - 7/9/06, San Diego, CA - 4/15/08 (EV), San Diego, CA - 10/9/09, San Diego, CA - 7/5/11 (EV), San Diego, CA - 11/21/13

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,738
    Don't have MP3. Hopefully this Flac download is cool.

Files (521 MB total)
    Give Way (Promo) [FLAC] [1998].zip
    http://we.tl/5kNa4TZEi3
  • Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,409
    I'm looking for the actual CD if anyone is into trading or selling one.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    JV130312 said:

I'm looking for the actual CD if anyone is into trading or selling one.

Benny money
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Id rather have Give Way than Benny. Much better show and its not supposed to exist!
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,251
    Thanks for the link demetrios.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,844
    is give way the complete show?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Nope. Just a tease of passion!
  • Options

Thanks for the link demetrios.

No problemo! :)
  • Options
    demetrios said:

mcgruff10 said:

Nope. Just a tease of passion!
    immortality and porch are insane from this show.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,981

Id rather have Give Way than Benny. Much better show and its not supposed to exist!

Pure illusion…
    photo IMG_6588_zps21458fe1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I know it exists. Im saying its not supposed to! Lol. I remember calling every Best Buy within 200 miles asking if they had it. They all said they sent it back or destroyed it. I read about someone buying it at an indie record store in the last few years for under $20. Can u imagine. Workers just thought it was a regular PJ cd. Every once in a while i see one pop up on ebay but i never even stick around to see what it goes for.
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,367

I know it exists. Im saying its not supposed to! Lol. I remember calling every Best Buy within 200 miles asking if they had it. They all said they sent it back or destroyed it. I read about someone buying it at an indie record store in the last few years for under $20. Can u imagine. Workers just thought it was a regular PJ cd. Every once in a while i see one pop up on ebay but i never even stick around to see what it goes for.

That was my buddy Derek who found the Give Way for $20 at a used record/CD store. He texted me describing it, I said no way, sent me a pic, and I flipped. Unbelievable! What a feeling that must have been to randomly come across that.
  • Options
    Thats unbelievable. Wow. Probably the most mythical piece of official PJ releases ever.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,981

Thats unbelievable. Wow. Probably the most mythical piece of official PJ releases ever.

Less around than a Benny!
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    demetrios said:

Files (521 MB total)

Thanks Demetrios as always your generosity is appreciated :)

• Options
    smg97791smg97791 Posts: 151
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for the link!

As a CD I consider my Holy Grail, I think it's about time I finally get to listen to it! I picked it up on eBay in 2007 for $300 and has been on display in my home for the past several years, still shrink wrapped. My friends call it "Steve's Precious".

I still remember that day, summer 1998. I practically abandoned my job that morning to go get this only to be disappointed at Best Buy's door. There was a time when PJ did not rain down live recordings on their fans, pre-2000. It was either the few live tracks as b-sides on their singles, the comprehensive 3 disc Dissident single or poor quality fan made bootlegs, and that's it. This seemed like a God-send when I saw it in the Best Buy ad that week. Anyways, this disc has been burned into my psyche ever since 1998, and I just had to have it. As mentioned before, I finally found it in 2007. It pops up on eBay every few years it seems.
    Post edited by smg97791 on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Anyone know why it was recalled? I know the disc was misspelled Austrailia. Was that the reason? Request by the band? Forever a mystery?
  • Options
    I don t think best buy ever approved it with the band. They pulled it literally at the last second. I was freaking pissed. They offered a free cd..... I got one of the use your illusions.
  • Options
    I always figured Epic pulled it because LO2L was already in the works
  • Options

demetrios said:

Files (521 MB total)

Thanks Demetrios as always your generosity is appreciated :)

No problemo!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited May 2015
    Yeah I just read on pjcollectors that it was an unauthorized production & Sony pulled it. I always thought it was an official Sony/Epic release and just mysteriously pulled.

And ditto on the "thanks" for the link! Just listened to it; great performance!
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,816
    Just looked at the full setlist for that show....what the heck is Pebbles?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,816
    mcgruff10 said:

I don t think best buy ever approved it with the band. They pulled it literally at the last second. I was freaking pissed. They offered a free cd..... I got one of the use your illusions.

But thats whats confusing to me....how was it even produced if the band or the label werent involved?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,023

Just looked at the full setlist for that show....what the heck is Pebbles?

http://www.fivehorizons.com/tour/cc/t1998.shtml
    "The 'Daughter' outtro/improv ("poor little girl screaming traffic in her hair ...") is a Shudder to Think song titled 'Pebbles.'"
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options

Pure illusion…
    photo IMG_6588_zps21458fe1.jpg
    Did I sell you that? Can't for the life of me remember who off here I sold it to
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    What was the date of this show, I heard Eddie saying this is going out on the radio, was it the 1998 Melbourne show?
  • Options
    3/5/98 i believe. One of my fav 98 shows ever
  • Options
    Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 562
    Great bootleg vinyl!! Picked it up for $22 couple months ago... Soundboard radio broadcast ... Energy is awesome!!!
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,401
    Sirens4 said:

Great bootleg vinyl!! Picked it up for $22 couple months ago... Soundboard radio broadcast ... Energy is awesome!!!

It is. I grab a copy of this a few months ago for $20. Well worth the money!