Options

Got my RSD mystery package today

Comments

• Options
    Slag666Slag666 Posts: 35
    I got a Lightning Bolt and a 2000 single. Would there be a sticker on LB saying it's red or do I have to open it?
    (enter clever signature here)
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    Slag666 said:

I got a Lightning Bolt and a 2000 single. Would there be a sticker on LB saying it's red or do I have to open it?

Open it!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630
    Slag666 said:

You have to open it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Slag666Slag666 Posts: 35
    PJ_Soul said:

Slag666 said:

You have to open it.
    Damn. I'll do it when I get home later and post the results.
    (enter clever signature here)
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,054
    I am going to miss this thread once everyone gets their stuff. I'm loving coming in here multiple times a day seeing all the excitement and happiness. 10c definitely hit a grand slam with this idea
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    edited April 2015
    As it turns out, I already have both vinyls. So, I donated mine to OperationYellowRibbon.
    Post edited by HollisBrown on
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,956

demetrios said:

just_one said:

How long do we have to wait in Europe do you think? Two weeks or so?

Around that i think. 2/3 Weeks still :(
    Add another 2/3 weeks on top of your 2/3 Euro weeks till they arrive to Canada which blows my mind EVERY .. SINGLE .. TIME! We are paying the same shipping rate everyone outside the USA is but yet the packages get to Canada last before everyone else does, even though we live a few hours across the damn border. That shouldn't be right @ that price. For packages to arrive to Canada last, we should be getting a cheaper rate from UPS, being that our packages don't come with a tracking number .. which it should be at that price UPS is offering the 10club.
    I always thought it was a customs issue, not a shipping issue.

Can't be a custom issue. I pretty much shop for everything online cause stores locally don't have what I want or are pretty expensive so I turn to the web. Pretty much the majority of USA online stores offer various shipping rates. Items ship to Canada are always .. I mean always .. cheaper then what the shipping rate is when they ship outside North America. And pretty much items ship to Canada receive a tracking number from the USA on majority of products & services. If a package is shipped to Europe, they don't receive a tracking number cause it's pretty expensive. Items shipped from USA to Canada, and Canada to USA .. packages usually arrive in 2 weeks, tops! Not a month plus, especially at that shipping rate price.

I don't understand why the 10club only has one shipping rate for customers who live outside the USA. Just one. Standard International Shipping. One flat rate price. That's it. It should be a lot cheaper if it's shipped across the border, right? What they charge Canadian customers, UPS should be including a tracking number, being that these package arrive 2/3 weeks after these reach Europe & Australia with no tracking number.

Do you think it's fair that a package shipped from Seattle, Washington to Kalamata, Greece @ $26 with no tracking number will arrive in 4 weeks .. to the exact same package shipped from Seattle, Washington to Vancouver, Canada which is a 2 and a half hour drive @ $26 bucks with no tracking number will arrive in over 6+ weeks? I'm sorry but that isn't fair at all. I hope someday the 10club & UPS fixes this & that 10club packages ship to Canada will receive a better shipping rate.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,283
    demetrios said:

just_one said:

Add another 2/3 weeks on top of your 2/3 Euro weeks till they arrive to Canada which blows my mind EVERY .. SINGLE .. TIME! We are paying the same shipping rate everyone outside the USA is but yet the packages get to Canada last before everyone else does, even though we live a few hours across the damn border. That shouldn't be right @ that price. For packages to arrive to Canada last, we should be getting a cheaper rate from UPS, being that our packages don't come with a tracking number .. which it should be at that price UPS is offering the 10club.
    I think it's more or less to do with customs. Standard packages from US to Canada take about to weeks (if shipped usps). If I order from something like Amazon UK it only takes a week. I think the delay of packages entering Canada from the US adds time.

That being said Mail Innovations rarely get's things here in two weeks. They're really bad. It's usually 3 or 4. Two weeks should be the benchmark as it's what the government can do. Couriers shouldn't worse than the government run postal company.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208

As it turns out, I already have both vinyls. So, I donated mine to OperationYellowRibbon.

what did you get/donate?
  • Options
    jaykay20jaykay20 Mannheim, Germany Posts: 379

I am going to miss this thread once everyone gets their stuff. I'm loving coming in here multiple times a day seeing all the excitement and happiness. 10c definitely hit a grand slam with this idea

Well said and same here!
    Nice to see that someone got an ITW with the No More single as I hoped it would be.
  • Options
    KL119975KL119975 Charleston, WV Posts: 125
    edited April 2015
    Lightning Bolt and Not for You Single. DO you have to open to find out if it is Red? If it isn't I already have LB and I could have purchased the single on Amazon for $8. I may never try a mystery sale again so far they have been a bust for me. Weight was 1.9000 lbs
    Post edited by KL119975 on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,852
    demetrios said:

demetrios said:

just_one said:

I always thought it was a customs issue, not a shipping issue.

Can't be a custom issue. I pretty much shop for everything online cause stores locally don't have what I want or are pretty expensive so I turn to the web. Pretty much the majority of USA online stores offer various shipping rates. Items ship to Canada are always .. I mean always .. cheaper then what the shipping rate is when they ship outside North America. And pretty much items ship to Canada receive a tracking number from the USA on majority of products & services. If a package is shipped to Europe, they don't receive a tracking number cause it's pretty expensive. Items shipped from USA to Canada, and Canada to USA .. packages usually arrive in 2 weeks, tops! Not a month plus, especially at that shipping rate price.

I don't understand why the 10club only has one shipping rate for customers who live outside the USA. Just one. Standard International Shipping. One flat rate price. That's it. It should be a lot cheaper if it's shipped across the border, right? What they charge Canadian customers, UPS should be including a tracking number, being that these package arrive 2/3 weeks after these reach Europe & Australia with no tracking number.

Do you think it's fair that a package shipped from Seattle, Washington to Kalamata, Greece @ $26 with no tracking number will arrive in 4 weeks .. to the exact same package shipped from Seattle, Washington to Vancouver, Canada which is a 2 and a half hour drive @ $26 bucks with no tracking number will arrive in over 6+ weeks? I'm sorry but that isn't fair at all. I hope someday the 10club & UPS fixes this & that 10club packages ship to Canada will receive a better shipping rate.
    no, I don't like the PJ shipping costs to Canada. Which keeps me from purchasing many items from them. And you are right, I order from Amazon in the US and I get it in a couple days. Usually 10C orders take weeks to arrive. Not sure why.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

Here's mine spinning last night :)

I love that the packages come flooding in right now. So much cool stuff! Keep the reports coming!

That is absolutely beautiful
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    KL119975 said:

Lightning Bolt and Not for You Single. DO you have to open to find out if it is Red? If it isn't I already have LB and I could have purchased the single on Amazon for $8. I may never try a mystery sale again so far they have been a bust for me.

yes, you have to open it to know if it is red. there's isn't a sticker or anything on the packaging that would tell you otherwise.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Sarava said:

badbrains said:

Sarava said:

Sarava said:

Amantria said:

Sarava said:

I got Into the Wild and Spin the Black Circle for the 7"

That's awesome!! For the most part all good stuff! Hope the luck holds a few days more!!
    Honestly I could buy both of these for $30 on ebay. I definitely lost out here. You win some and you lose some.
    That is probably the original pressing of ITW, the reissue is $30.....the original is $200+!!!
    Does the original have 'vinyl films' in the bottom right corner of the back? Mine has that. I see someone listed on on ebay for $500 and they zoomed in on that part.
    Your $30 mite of just turned into $500 hahaha
    LOL. Honestly I'll probably look to trade it. I'd be happy with the $30 re-issue. Maybe I could find someone to trade a No Code for it or something.
    Pretty sure Ten Club was including Into the wild first prints in this sale, it doesn't seem like they would be the reissue that's available on Amazon for $30, because they were never sold here. I finally bought one of those reissues a year ago so if I get the "original" press in my box (scheduled for today delivery), I will likely put it up for trade!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Zod said:

demetrios said:

just_one said:

I think it's more or less to do with customs. Standard packages from US to Canada take about to weeks (if shipped usps). If I order from something like Amazon UK it only takes a week. I think the delay of packages entering Canada from the US adds time.

That being said Mail Innovations rarely get's things here in two weeks. They're really bad. It's usually 3 or 4. Two weeks should be the benchmark as it's what the government can do. Couriers shouldn't worse than the government run postal company.
    Nah, I always get all of my other stuff shipping from the US in a much more timely manner. It's not customs. If it only happened once in a while I'd say yes, occasionally something gets stuck in customs. But that's not even close to the norm.
    But I will mention that those luggage tags 10C sent me arrived really quickly.... not sure why. Also, my mystery vinyl did receive a tracking number, which is a nice change; I agree that there always needs to be one with the rates we're paying. While that package is just sitting in California right now, at least I know where it is. So currently, I'm seeing some improvements with 10C's shipping methods (still a lot of room for improvement, but still...).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I got mine today in Connecticut. My album is Tres MTS but my seven inch is Sevens from Lightning Bolt, so I'm quite satisfied.
  • Options

I got mine today in Connecticut. My album is Tres MTS but my seven inch is Sevens from Lightning Bolt, so I'm quite satisfied.

Sweet!
    (Am I the only person who likes that Tres Mts album? It's definitely not Jeff's best side project, but still....)
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149

That Sevens set is fucking amazing. Quality and just beautiful all around!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    PJ_Soul said:

(Am I the only person who likes that Tres Mts album? It's definitely not Jeff's best side project, but still....)

No, you're not, I really like it and one of my friends is a big fan of this record too, he actually introduced me to it.
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    AntigoneAntigone Posts: 34
    For the 2.18'ers...I got Live on Ten Legs and The Fixer (white)
    "If you hate something, don't you do it, too."
  • Options
    savefarrissavefarris Posts: 100
    Coke bottle ten and devil doll single. 1.80 weight
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    Slag666 said:

You have to open it. Barcode is the same on both copies. I didn't want to open my LB since I already have one open. I opened it up...and it was RED!!! Hopefully you get the same.
  • Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 369
    Antigone said:

For the 2.18'ers...I got Live on Ten Legs and The Fixer (white)

Thanks for letting us know! So far I see a few nice combos possible for 2.18ers. Can't wait to share when mine comes
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,054
    PJ_Soul said:

Sweet!
    Tres Mtn is the best! Seeing them live was beyond amazing!

• Options
    acpaxton01acpaxton01 Oklahoma Posts: 172
    Original Ten and Spin the Black Circle! Very pleased.
    October 17, 2000 Dallas, TX
    April 3, 2003 Oklahoma City, OK
    September 22, 2012 Atlanta, GA
    November 15, 2013 Dallas, TX
    November 16, 2013 Oklahoma City, OK
    October 8, 2014 Tulsa, OK
    May 1, 2016 New York, NY
    May 2, 2016 New York, NY
    August 13, 2018 Missoula, MT
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited April 2015
    PJfanOK said:

Vs reissue and Spin the Black Circle 7"
    Ouch. $61 I should've spent towards trying to get a Yield or No Code on the auction site. I realize it's a mystery but you'd think an $18 LP would at least get me something better than a $6 7". I'm still happy to be a member of 10c, but this one definitely hurts.

Dang, so many good ones, you would hope they would try to even it out a little. I guess there was just to much bad stuff on the list.
  • Options
    MookieBlaylockMNMookieBlaylockMN Minnesota Posts: 214
    Anyone want to get REALLY over the top nerdy on this?
    I'm going to do a Periscope broadcast of me opening the package later today. I tentatively set the time for 4:44 Eastern. Anyone want to join in? (yes, I realize it's completely ludicrous and over the top - but what part of this whole process hasn't been??)
    06.30.1998 Minneapolis / 10.08.2000 East Troy (The Ice Bowl) / 06.16.2003 St. Paul / 06.26.2006 St. Paul / 09.03.2011 East Troy (PJ20) / 09.04.2011 East Troy (PJ20) / 07.19.2013 Chicago (Wrigley) / 10.19.2014 St. Paul / 10.20.2014 Milwaukee (Yieldwaukee!) / 08.20.16 Chicago (Wrigley) / 08.22.16 Chicago (Wrigley) / 08.18.18 Chicago (Wrigley) / 10.01.21 Dana Point (Ohana Encore) / 09.17.22 Louisville (Bourbon & Beyond) / 08.31.23 St. Paul / 09.02.23 St. Paul
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    deadendp said:

Amantria said:

Tracking still not updated. Estimated delivery was today. Now hoping for the end of the week maybe. It's been in transit five days? :/

Derby Dave's was IN Columbus (his hometown) and was transferred out to Cincinnati, where it will then be transferred BACK to Columbus. In transit for 5 days? Absolutely! Welcome to Mail Innovations!

Mine too!

Cincinnati, OH, United States
    4/29/2015 10:18 A.M. Package processed by Post Office
    4/29/2015 10:05 A.M. Package processed by Post Office

Cincinnati, OH, United States
    4/28/2015 2:41 P.M. Electronic Shipment Information Received for Package by Post Office

Urbancrest, OH, United States
    4/28/2015 1:33 P.M. Package departed UPS Mail Innovations facility enroute to USPS for induction

Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    MookieBlaylockMNMookieBlaylockMN Minnesota Posts: 214

Original Ten and Spin the Black Circle! Very pleased.

Whoa! WHOA!!!! That's HUGE!!!
    06.30.1998 Minneapolis / 10.08.2000 East Troy (The Ice Bowl) / 06.16.2003 St. Paul / 06.26.2006 St. Paul / 09.03.2011 East Troy (PJ20) / 09.04.2011 East Troy (PJ20) / 07.19.2013 Chicago (Wrigley) / 10.19.2014 St. Paul / 10.20.2014 Milwaukee (Yieldwaukee!) / 08.20.16 Chicago (Wrigley) / 08.22.16 Chicago (Wrigley) / 08.18.18 Chicago (Wrigley) / 10.01.21 Dana Point (Ohana Encore) / 09.17.22 Louisville (Bourbon & Beyond) / 08.31.23 St. Paul / 09.02.23 St. Paul