Options

YES or NO Game

Comments

• Options
    Yes.

Have any cool plans for the weekend?
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Hmmmm... spray painting my daughter's Halloween costume. And also drinking good wine, watching the Panthers play, TWD, and sorting through/giving away lots of stuff.

^^^^ Anna F, I was on a dance team when I was younger and performed the Maypole Dance a couple of a years in a row. It was always very awesome to see the woven, spectacular finished result.

Will someone please come up with TOTD tickets for less than $600 a piece for the PA shows....PLEASE!!!!!!!
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited October 2016
    Did you try the want/need thread/s?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549

Yes.

Not yet but I'm hopeful. gotta do a heap of cooking for the freezer so maybe all I'll do is cook, but that's cool!

Ever tried the 5-2 diet?
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Did you try the want/need thread/s?

I posted on the lost dogs thread. Is that the same thing as the want/need thread?
  • Options
    Jogill said:

Yes.

Not yet but I'm hopeful. gotta do a heap of cooking for the freezer so maybe all I'll do is cook, but that's cool!

Ever tried the 5-2 diet?
    No

Does that mean 5 days of dieting with 2 cheat days?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Yeah, I think it does...and I've heard that method works for some.

Just not sure I'm a fan of "diets", as they're typically followed as trends vs taken on with needed due diligence.

Then again.......moderation plus indulgence.....yes/no?

(and for the love of Pete, I hope you come upon those tix, hf!)
  • Options
    ^LOL! Yeah, I know!! I need a friggin ticket fairy.

Yes, I'm a big fan of indulgences. I think you definitely have to counteract that with discipline. Plus, it makes it that much better when you do indulge. This is true with anything in life.

Is too much of a good thing a bad thing?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Maybe? Probably, actually. Depends on the thing.

Only good one I can think of at the moment that wouldn't lean on the side of bad or overdoing is happiness. Not in the delusional sense, but in the pure form...natural, whether intentionally or via serendipity.

To paraphrase Sting of all people, have you ever laughed through your tears?
  • Options

Jogill said:

Yes.

Ever tried the 5-2 diet?
    No

Does that mean 5 days of dieting with 2 cheat days?
    So you got it backwards. You eat your normal foods, yep the naughty stuff that your lifestyle is made up of for 5 days and you have 2 days of only 500 calories per day. The fasting days act on the body to repair it. Very interesting concept. You can google it and watch a very good hour video from Michael Mosley in the U.K. who has found lots of benefits. It lowers many bad levels in the body which are achieved by the body in the 'fasting' mode. The 500 calorie days are very tough, but if the benefits he speaks of occur it will be more than worth it. It is not really a diet but a dietary change. I have done a type of this for years because I have a day or two where I only eat very light. Not sure if I've stuck to 500 calories though.

late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options

^LOL! Yeah, I know!! I need a friggin ticket fairy.

Yes, I'm a big fan of indulgences. I think you definitely have to counteract that with discipline. Plus, it makes it that much better when you do indulge. This is true with anything in life.

Is too much of a good thing a bad thing?

NEVER

Ever been able to hide away from your real life for more than a whole week?
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    yes but my sickness followed me even though i got away for two weeks and went to my uncles and their families in melbourne..

do you ever take a raincheck on someone..
  • Options
    Yes..sometimes that's how life goes.

Is there something you can cook or bake really well in a cast iron skillet? If so, what is it?
  • Options
    no we dont have one but its no different to a baking dish to me accept that it my get a little hotter..

to my friend..would you like to leave america for europe your choice but not france..
  • Options
    Sometimes

Do you drink coffee every morning?
  • Options
    I have been recently.

Do you?
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    not every morning but sometimes i do..

from whats age did you start drinking tea,chocolate or coffee..for me it was off my parents at 2-3 years old
  • Options
    Probably the same age for hot chocolate. Tea and coffee not until my 20's.

Did you still have your Halloween decorations up?
  • Options
    No

Do you have your Thanksgiving decorations up?
    Central Park 15

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    No Thanksgiving was over a month ago.

Did you have turkey for dinner last night?
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Nope. Fend for yourself last night. It's been a long ass week.

Grocery shopping today?
  • Options
    Yes, a Sunday ritual.

Did you hear any new or new to you music this weekend?
  • Options
    No

Do you like country music?
    Central Park 15

• Options
    No, not especially. Maybe a little old country.

Does your feline turn into an instant lap cat the second you bust out a fuzzy blanket?
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    No. Only when I'm trying to eat. My cat is a shameless food whore.

Have you traveled much this year?
  • Options
    More than average for us. Mostly concert oriented travel. Boston for the marathon, Lexington for PJ, Indianapolis for CC, Chicago for PJ.

Do you send holiday cards?
  • Options

I would love to, but no. Waaaay too chaotic and stressful of a holiday for me. We're lucky if we have a decorated tree on Christmas morning and none of the kids have been sent away to military school.

Do you think stores should be open on Thanksgiving?
  • Options
    No. Time with family is important to me. My sister and I start shopping at 12 AM on Black Friday.

Do you enjoy pumpkin pie?
  • Options
    Yes but it's not my favorite, but hubby loves it so I make it for him.

Do you go around and say what you're all grateful for at Thanksgiving? (That's always my favorite part. And the food and fun of course).
  • Options
    No, but that's a nice idea.

U2's Numb? Yes??