Options

The waiting drove me mad... Mystery vinyl arrival all encompassing trip.

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    Amantria said:

So early this morning my package made it to Orlando! That's only an hour away so I figured by Saturday maybe? Wellllll now it's heading toward Jacksonville 3 hrs away. So much for innovation .... Sights set on next week so it looks. This waiting really is driving me mad!!

I think it's "innovative" because somehow, they think UPS gets it there quicker..and by "there" I mean "somewhere in the vicinity of your address.

Mine was in SW Columbus on 4/28 from 3:59am to 1:33pm. It then went to Cincinnati. The original "estimated delivery date" was 4/28, but apparently that means "deliver to USPS for local delivery."
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    wg said:

Has there been an original Ten or Riot Act sighting yet?

I think there's been 1-2 RA sightings. An original Ten would be nice, but since I already have the box set... now, a Coke bottle Ten... :smiley:
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 369
    wg said:

Has there been an original Ten or Riot Act sighting yet?

I recall seeing orig ten somewhere amongst the threads but I don't remember seeing any riot acts yet
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 369

Amantria said:

So early this morning my package made it to Orlando! That's only an hour away so I figured by Saturday maybe? Wellllll now it's heading toward Jacksonville 3 hrs away. So much for innovation .... Sights set on next week so it looks. This waiting really is driving me mad!!

I think it's "innovative" because somehow, they think UPS gets it there quicker..and by "there" I mean "somewhere in the vicinity of your address.

Mine was in SW Columbus on 4/28 from 3:59am to 1:33pm. It then went to Cincinnati. The original "estimated delivery date" was 4/28, but apparently that means "deliver to USPS for local delivery."
    Seems wacky how it's run. Mine took six days to make it to Florida even. Now the usps part to deal with. I hope I get something cool! I don't own a lot of vinyl so fingers crossed!
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 674
    Ten
    Paul D.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,938
    rchallen said:

rchallen said:

Well, the anticipation alone has been worth the $50 + shipping! (Although I may walk back that statement if I get another black Backspacer...)
    Package was scheduled to arrive yesterday... Hopefully today? 2.12 lbs! C'mon Lost Dogs!!!!

Package arrived today. I was like a kid at Christmas before opening it. And not saying I called it, BUT........

THANK YOU PEARL JAM!!!!!!!!!!

That made my morning! Congrats man!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Croos1226Croos1226 philly burbs Posts: 336
    Amantria said:

Amantria said:

Seems wacky how it's run. Mine took six days to make it to Florida even. Now the usps part to deal with. I hope I get something cool! I don't own a lot of vinyl so fingers crossed!
    Good luck Amantria, it's been a long process but so worth it. Here's hoping you get something that's on your wishlist!
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103

Spinning the Benny right now.... I'm in heaven :smiley:

You make me smile, with your smile. I know I razzed ya a couple years back on the reissue thread, and after seeing this little dream of yours come true, I can't help but feel totally stoked for you. Good job on the persistence. It paid off. Greatest album of all time in my books. You earned it. Kudos 10C for making this super fans dream come true. But seriously, what IS up with that blue benny on photobucket?? Perhaps just an edited color for effect? Regardless, Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeze you are awesome. The selfie screams happiness and joy. Have you been added to the official owners list??
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    keithlaw1974keithlaw1974 Blacko, UK Posts: 137
    Has anyone outside of North America received their package yet?
    London, England 06-25-2010, Belfast, Northern Ireland 06-23-2010, Berlin, Germany 07-04-2012, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012, Seattle, WA 12-06-2013, Amsterdam, Holland 06-16-2014, Berlin, Germany 06-26-2014, Leeds, UK 07-08-2014, Milton Keynes, UK 07-11-2014, New York MSG 1 & 2
    Eddie Vedder Solo - London, England 07-30-1012
  • Options

Apparently, just one Benny in Canada, as far as I know.
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033

Hopefully Canada will see some at the end of this week.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,053
    evsgjamm said:

You make me smile, with your smile. I know I razzed ya a couple years back on the reissue thread, and after seeing this little dream of yours come true, I can't help but feel totally stoked for you. Good job on the persistence. It paid off. Greatest album of all time in my books. You earned it. Kudos 10C for making this super fans dream come true. But seriously, what IS up with that blue benny on photobucket?? Perhaps just an edited color for effect? Regardless, Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeze you are awesome. The selfie screams happiness and joy. Have you been added to the official owners list??
    This is the most coherent post I've ever seen you post! Get this man some coffee ASAP!!!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    evsgjamm said:

:lol: Thank you for the nice words! The blue one on my photobucket was something I did just for fun for the reissue thread. We were trying to think about what a reissue could look like ;)
    I added myself to the owners list and I also deleted the Benny from my wantlist on discogs and added it to the collection there. That was a fun feeling :smiley: This album is going to rock my world till the end of times. Getting that package felt like christmas and my birthday together and now, sadly, getting the mail will never be as exciting again :lol:
    Now all I want is for fellow fans and friends to get the same experience. I truly hope a reissue is in our cards at one point. This album is too too too too good to stay sealed and gather dust in the collector shelves!

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,299
    I had a 'missed delivery' card from the postman today. I went down to the post office on my lunch break full of anticipation only to be handed a small cd-sized package...

I forgot that I'd ordered Jesse Malin's "New York Before The War" a few weeks back as well. It's a really great album but after the initial heart-pounding rush of excitement it was a bit of a let down :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    Mystery vinyl arrived in Europe!
    Got Into The Wild and No Jeremy single :)
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    goldrush said:

I had a 'missed delivery' card from the postman today. I went down to the post office on my lunch break full of anticipation only to be handed a small cd-sized package...

I forgot that I'd ordered Jesse Malin's "New York Before The War" a few weeks back as well. It's a really great album but after the initial heart-pounding rush of excitement it was a bit of a let down :)

Haha! I'm waiting for a book and a Superheaven CD/poster so I'll no doubt do the same.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,697
    emjot said:

Excellent news. Good package too. Where are you based?

Kearnsy
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    emjot said:

Awesome, and nice score!

Emjot is in Ireland, I think.

• Options

emjot said:

Awesome, and nice score!

Ireland, where is mine?
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Kearn5y said:

emjot said:

Awesome, and nice score!

Ireland, where is mine?
    Northern Ireland
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,963
    edited May 2015
    emjot said:

it´s starting!!! :D

Wouldnt mind that pack at all :) maybe change No Jeremy for Sevens ahaha :D
    Post edited by just_one on
  • Options
    dottles said:

Kearn5y said:

emjot said:

Awesome, and nice score!

Ireland, where is mine?
    Northern Ireland
    Even closer but different postal company.

Kearnsy
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    I live in Northern Ireland, yes, but I sent the package to Poland (to avoid customs charge) so Poland wins this time! :)
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *