Options

Mystery vinyl- Lost Dogs ISO

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    tino_11 said:

Don't worry about people on here, it's your item to do with as you please. Expecting people who have holes in their collection to sell their mystery vinyl at $60 because they scored lucky is unrealistic. I don't see why people expect this when market price dictates all other trades on this board (apart from the very few awesome people who help out their friends, but this is the exception rather than the norm).

He came on here and tried to sell his mystery vinyl LD for $350 straight up, before they all are even delivered.... after making a thread a couple weeks ago about how great it would be if everybody colluded to keep the aftermarket prices of the vinyl down to $50.

Not to mention he says he completed his collection and yet bought a mystery vinyl anyway, when people who actually wanted the vinyl were shut out and still a bit sore about it.

In some cases, people are a bit harsh here, but this "offer" was in poor taste.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    I paid $275 shipped for an opened never played copy a few months back. Expensive, but glad to have it in my collection.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,654
    MayDay10 said:

tino_11 said:

Don't worry about people on here, it's your item to do with as you please. Expecting people who have holes in their collection to sell their mystery vinyl at $60 because they scored lucky is unrealistic. I don't see why people expect this when market price dictates all other trades on this board (apart from the very few awesome people who help out their friends, but this is the exception rather than the norm).

He came on here and tried to sell his mystery vinyl LD for $350 straight up, before they all are even delivered.... after making a thread a couple weeks ago about how great it would be if everybody colluded to keep the aftermarket prices of the vinyl down to $50.

Not to mention he says he completed his collection and yet bought a mystery vinyl anyway, when people who actually wanted the vinyl were shut out and still a bit sore about it.

In some cases, people are a bit harsh here, but this "offer" was in poor taste.
    Ok. Learn to read bro. I just said I still think they need to drop the prices and re-release all of the vinyl. I never said I would't sell mine at a price I felt was fair. Get that through your head.... I JUST paid $340 for a USED LD!!! Im not here to help console people who didn't get what they wanted in the mystery vinyl. Id I kept this copy and sold the one that wasn't the mystery vinyl would you have the same problem with me that you have now? Probably...
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    No one cares how much you spent on the set. It's too bad you over paid, that was your decision. People are giving you shit because you're trying to fix your mistake by getting someone else to fall for it, right after you created a thread saying the opposite. Relax, stop with the animosity towards others, and good luck
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options

No one cares how much you spent on the set. It's too bad you over paid, that was your decision. People are giving you shit because you're trying to fix your mistake by getting someone else to fall for it, right after you created a thread saying the opposite. Relax, stop with the animosity towards others, and good luck

I might just give the damn thing to you because it sounds like you need a hug and some good music... Let the record show. Im not mad and don't have any animosity whatsoever. I may joke or kid or be sarcastic But I like everyone on this board because I hope they are all fans of the band. I paid what I felt to believe to be a reasonable price for the vinyl. If you don't like that then get over it. It was not a "mistake" to want the album and to buy it and also get it a few days later as a mystery vinyl. Thats a coincidence, but not a mistake.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    pjpjpaul said:

I might just give the damn thing to you because it sounds like you need a hug and some good music... Let the record show. Im not mad and don't have any animosity whatsoever. I may joke or kid or be sarcastic But I like everyone on this board because I hope they are all fans of the band. I paid what I felt to believe to be a reasonable price for the vinyl. If you don't like that then get over it. It was not a "mistake" to want the album and to buy it and also get it a few days later as a mystery vinyl. Thats a coincidence, but not a mistake.
    I'm going to be pissed if you give it to someone else in my ISO thread :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    edited May 2015
    Ok
    Post edited by RoleModelsinBlood31 on
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    pjpjpaul said:

Dude, stop. You're making yourself look like a clown with every post.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

pjpjpaul said:

Hahaha, that would be messed up!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    "Dude, stop. You're making yourself look like a clown with every post."

That really hurt. How will I survive the pain...
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710

pjpjpaul said:

Hahaha, that would be messed up!
    Messed up or funny. MMMHHHHH........ :)
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,804
    OP: The only mistake you've made is responding to some of these people. You don't have to explain anything. You are selling/trading a LD vinyl for $340. It's fine. But you're making it worse with your responses
  • Options
    The op is looking, not selling. The op is enjoying the free bumps in hopes a kind soul takes a peek.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    pjpjpaul said:

By all means, don't stop. We can all use some laughs. Please, carry on.
  • Options
    Wish I could continue this stimulating conversation. But alas, Im heading out to the Ryan Adams show tonight and have a drive ahead of me. If anyone gets serious with an offer just pm me. I know its entertaining in here, but for the sake of getting an actual transaction done its much easier to reply to pm's. Till next time campers.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    courtmcccourtmcc South Jersey Posts: 1,143
    edited May 2015
    10C said they didn't want flippers from the mystery vinyl and said that they would stop them... HA HA ha.
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    courtmcc said:

10C said they didn't want flippers from the mystery vinyl and said that they would stop them... HA HA ha.

Does the FBI have a flipper department? lol.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    imageimage" />

I'm so fucking late to the meme party! Haha! Lovin' it!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Santos L. HalperSantos L. Halper Posts: 1,750
    courtmcc said:

Not what was actually said, but there's something to be said regarding Karma.
  • Options
    The terms of the Mystery Vinyl sale stated that it was not for resale. pjpjpjpjpaul used no tact in just throwing a brand new sealed out there at a record-screeching price. That is why he/she got some heat for it.

The fact he/she got ripped off, isn't anyone else's problem either (I see a near mint one on the bay for BIN $300 + $4 shipping which may not even sell). Personally, I don't like it when people put predatory numbers here and try to "max out" on value. IMO. if you're going to try to be a businessman about it and make a couple hundred bucks, go to ebay.

I don't know how I got drawn into this vortex. Empty Glass is a jerk for starting this thread and making me argue about this.
  • Options

courtmcc said:

Vinyl karma is the best!
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227

courtmcc said:

Guess the "not for resale" doesn't mean anything.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    badbrains said:

pjpjpaul said:

By all means, don't stop. We can all use some laughs. Please, carry on.

Where's Lolo? Halts Maul!!!
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:

courtmcc said:

Guess the "not for resale" doesn't mean anything.
    That's what I was saying!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    would it be deemed ok with you folks if he sold his used copy? if so, then what's the difference?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227

would it be deemed ok with you folks if he sold his used copy? if so, then what's the difference?

By purchasing the mystery vinyl he specifically agreed to the terms that plainly stated not for resale. Besides that he just started a thread bashing flippers and saying no one should pay going prices for any of the mystery vinyl last week.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

courtmcc said:

Does the FBI have a flipper department? lol.
    FVI. Federal (or Flipper) Vinyl Investigation
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited May 2015
    jervin007 said:

I paid $275 shipped for an opened never played copy a few months back. Expensive, but glad to have it in my collection.

I paid $175 for an opened but never played copy. $340 for a used one? Mega ripoff. :frowning:
    I don't care what the OP is selling for personally. Dude, I'm sure you'll get along just fine here generally - you seem like a nice enough guy. ;) But you must admit that the response here has been predictable given your past statement about how people shouldn't try and profit from their mystery vinyl, right? That was kind of begging for criticism.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

No. Nobody would have noticed other than maybe the eyebrow-raising price.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    MayDay10 said:

I don't know how I got drawn into this vortex. Empty Glass is a jerk for starting this thread and making me argue about this.

A jerk? Empty is one of the coolest guys around
    Post edited by Empty Glass on
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead