Will Work For Travelling Expense

13»

Comments

• Lmso! I live you guys! I think a nice huge Carne Cordo it even a Presa Canario might work just as well, and probably much more legal. And GOod company as well. :-)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    I'd consider it.
    So is the poll asking if we'd do this ourselves, or if we'd hire you if you did this? No quite clear on what I'm answering here! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Heels yeah! Can't wait to meet you/ finally get this shit done!
    I would trust WH to help me do odd jobs around the house more than hiring one of those guys standing around in the parking lot of Home Depot.

Home Depot has huge signs on their door 'NOW HIRING' says it in Spanish as well...why can't those guys work at HD instead of standing around in the parking lot?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    RKCNDY said:

I would trust WH to help me do odd jobs around the house more than hiring one of those guys standing around in the parking lot of Home Depot.

Home Depot has huge signs on their door 'NOW HIRING' says it in Spanish as well...why can't those guys work at HD instead of standing around in the parking lot?

papers.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    edited April 2015
    cdysinge said:

ldent42 said:

I really don't see anything ridiculous about this thread. I think protecting yourself would be as simple as making sure you have a fully charged phone with a signal on you at all times. You definitely don't need a gun. Maybe a can of pepper spray or a brass knuckles if you feel some sort of weapon is necessary. Personally I thought you were looking at a change in lifestyle, not a "vacation". There's nothing wrong with either way though. FoxyRed may have had a point about the State Taxes though. Might get a bit complicated.

If you make it to Phoenix I can easily hook you up with the pepper spray and an overly strong (and thus illegal) taser. My brother sells that stuff all over the west coast and is always handing me things/samples. My eldest daughter has a bottle of pepper spray in her backpack as well as my wife carries one in her purse. I have a taser in my car that also is a flashlight in my car just in case. You never know when you will encounter a nut job.

Just don't confuse the flashlight and taser options. "Gee honey, let me light the way for you . . . " :open_mouth:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    deadendp said:

cdysinge said:

ldent42 said:

I really don't see anything ridiculous about this thread. I think protecting yourself would be as simple as making sure you have a fully charged phone with a signal on you at all times. You definitely don't need a gun. Maybe a can of pepper spray or a brass knuckles if you feel some sort of weapon is necessary. Personally I thought you were looking at a change in lifestyle, not a "vacation". There's nothing wrong with either way though. FoxyRed may have had a point about the State Taxes though. Might get a bit complicated.

If you make it to Phoenix I can easily hook you up with the pepper spray and an overly strong (and thus illegal) taser. My brother sells that stuff all over the west coast and is always handing me things/samples. My eldest daughter has a bottle of pepper spray in her backpack as well as my wife carries one in her purse. I have a taser in my car that also is a flashlight in my car just in case. You never know when you will encounter a nut job.

Just don't confuse the flashlight and taser options. "Gee honey, let me light the way for you . . . " :open_mouth:
    =)

I bet this would make for an interesting journey for anyone.
  • PJ_Soul said:

So is the poll asking if we'd do this ourselves, or if we'd hire you if you did this? No quite clear on what I'm answering here! :)

Lol. I wanted to know would you hire me to do Odd jobs, to earn travel
    Expense to the next stop.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Heels yeah! Can't wait to meet you/ finally get this shit done!
    ldent42 said:

RKCNDY said:

papers.
    We have a program that helps those people...specifically the Hispanic community, pretty sure they help them with everything they need to work legally. It's an 'odd jobs' work program.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • They need to do sonething! It's annoyinggtryingbto go to HD these days!
  • I apparently KILLED my auto correct!! Lmao ^^^
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    edited April 2015
    I'd consider it.
    Btw, since I am kinda drunk, I'll mention that if you actually try this, don't let on about it when crossing borders! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Hahaha! Good point!