Will Work For Travelling Expense

whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
edited April 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
i've had this kinda crazy idea in my head, to travel the world, visiting all you fine PJ folk, using my skill sets to earn Travelling money. Here's how it would work:
I have a very broad spectrum of skill sets, from Construction, to animal rehab. And a bit of all other things in between. So.. Say I started with visiting Brianlux, ( just an example) and he needed done landscaping done. I do the landscaping and any other odds and ends chores to earn money to go visit, the next person.. Who needs such and such done. Etc. and do this until I've made it around the world.
So the poll is would YOU participate in this?

Will Work For Travelling Expense 7 votes

Heels yeah! Can't wait to meet you/ finally get this shit done!
14%
RKCNDY 1 vote
are you fucking kidding?? I don't KNOW your crazy ass!
14%
Nami 1 vote
I'd consider it.
57%
brianluxPJ_SoulOMGkatwomanPJSiren 4 votes
I'd want to let others go first and go from there..
14%
Amongst the Ani 1 vote

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    haven't voted yet, but would you be willing to get me beers during football season? I don't want to leave me recliner
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • haven't voted yet, but would you be willing to get me beers during football season? I don't want to leave me recliner

You'd PAY me for that?? Well fuckyeah! And because I don't drink anymore, I'm also willing to beDD.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Just read the "I wish" thread and will stop the joking, for now,....question and this may be part of the plan....how much do you need to make to get from place to place? Typing that I realized how pathetic that question was. Say you get to place A, how long do you plan to stay and need to make to get to place B?

Screw it, that question was the same as the first...you won't know. I know what I want to ask, but I don't think there's an answer
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Just read the "I wish" thread and will stop the joking, for now,....question and this may be part of the plan....how much do you need to make to get from place to place? Typing that I realized how pathetic that question was. Say you get to place A, how long do you plan to stay and need to make to get to place B?

Screw it, that question was the same as the first...you won't know. I know what I want to ask, but I don't think there's an answer

That answer would vary. It honestly depends on what each person needs done, and who contracts a visit next, and so on. I still need to iron out some things. Like I know some people are weird about having people they've never met in their house, especially with kids, etcetera. So I would need an RV or something to sleep in, and that sort of thing , or a hostel for the overseas visits. But I would arrange all that. Any ideas are welcome in this panning and investigation period.
  • P.S. My cat would be going with me.. So I'd definitely need an RV or camper of done sort.
  • I guess I would have to work out a standard working rate. ( ok THAT is not on the table for the pervs out there), and go from there in determining how much is needed to get from one ace to the next.
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    I'd consider it.
    Ok I just voted yes I would consider it! I was intrigued you have a construction background as do I, (I used to be a drywall subcontractor with 22 guys working for me) and I just bought a 3200 sq.ft. house that every room needs updating!
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Are your terms Net 30??
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    are you fucking kidding?? I don't KNOW your crazy ass!
    lol
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I'd consider it.
    I would consider it yes, because I would love to meet you!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • I'm truly seeking honest answers, so thanks to those voting. Know that this could never HAPLEN before my Dad passed. I would feel like shit if I was off globe trotting instead of spending every last minute that I have with him, while I can.
  • I'm truly seeking honest answers, so thanks to those voting. Know that this could never HAPLEN before my Dad passed. I would feel like shit if I was off globe trotting instead of spending every last minute that I have with him, while I can.
  • Wma31394 said:

Are your terms Net 30??

Explain Net 30....
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    You give the goods or services and they pay in 30 days from completion.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • deadendp said:

You give the goods or services and they pay in 30 days from completion.

That could work.
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    I'd consider it.

I'm truly seeking honest answers, so thanks to those voting. Know that this could never HAPLEN before my Dad passed. I would feel like shit if I was off globe trotting instead of spending every last minute that I have with him, while I can.

I hear ya on that, I moved my dad in with me and took care of him till the day he passed. I am still heartsick and miss him on a daily basis, but feel lucky to have been able to spend as much time as possible with him .
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    The cat is a deal breaker. No animals in my hiuse?
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    "work as you go" is not unheard of. The RV is probably also a very smart idea. Try checking out a few travel blogs to give you an idea of how people who've adopted the nomadic lifestyle finance themselves. You'd have to build up a significant starter fund/cushion on your own. It's all about priorities.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • I don't think many people would be comfortable making a fellow 10c fan work for them.
    Once you mix business with friendship things tend to go sour.

Crowd funding in all honesty may work better for you.
  • The cat is a deal breaker. No animals in my hiuse?

Like I said, I'm going to have my own place to sleep.
  • ldent42 said:

"work as you go" is not unheard of. The RV is probably also a very smart idea. Try checking out a few travel blogs to give you an idea of how people who've adopted the nomadic lifestyle finance themselves. You'd have to build up a significant starter fund/cushion on your own. It's all about priorities.

I thought of this too.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    I'm the one who says I don't mean to be a cheap ass, but for my little family, I'm an artist and my husband is a park naturalist. We're not exactly with additional funds so that is why I wouldn't have anything to be done. However, should you get by my way, I'd love to hang out and make you a lovely home cooked meal!

I agree with Ident. There are people who travel and work. I've known nurses to work 4-8 weeks in one hospital and move on to another. There would have to be other fields that would do this same type of thing, too.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • deadendp said:

I'm the one who says I don't mean to be a cheap ass, but for my little family, I'm an artist and my husband is a park naturalist. We're not exactly with additional funds so that is why I wouldn't have anything to be done. However, should you get by my way, I'd love to hang out and make you a lovely home cooked meal!

I agree with Ident. There are people who travel and work. I've known nurses to work 4-8 weeks in one hospital and move on to another. There would have to be other fields that would do this same type of thing, too.

Yeah. I'm just looking into all avenues.
  • deadendp said:

Yeah. I'm just looking into all avenues.
    And o would love to meet you!
  • I'd want to let others go first and go from there..
    How are you with child care? I could use a baby sitter if you make it out this way. You can evenbring the cat inside. The kids would love it and it would piss off my wifes cat. Of course her cat will piss on something of mine for revenge but it would be worth it.

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    cdysinge said:

How are you with child care? I could use a baby sitter if you make it out this way. You can evenbring the cat inside. The kids would love it and it would piss off my wifes cat. Of course her cat will piss on something of mine for revenge but it would be worth it.

Hahahahaha
    Could you take kids to school in the morning and pick them up in the after noon ? 1 @ 2, 1 @ 4, and 1 @ 6pm. And bring them home for a week? What would that cost me?
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Could you take kids to school in the morning and pick them up in the after noon ? 1 @ 2, 1 @ 4, and 1 @ 6pm. And bring them home for a week? What would that cost me?

What a fucken lazy dad.
    badbrains said:

What a fucken lazy dad.
    No, you have it all wrong. I'm not apart of that mess at all when I'm working. You'd be doing this service for my wife. Who has to do this every day.
    badbrains said:

What a fucken lazy dad.
    I do more than you by 4 am than you get done in 2 days!