U.S. Soccer Thread

1272829303133»

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 30,223
    Ummmmm, holy shit you guys. Hat trick!!!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 ChicagoPosts: 13,560
    A 21 year old American with a hat track in the Premier League.  Crazy!!
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,216
    Dempsey made me a Fulham fan, but don't think I can root for Chelsea.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific NorthwestPosts: 4,410
    FS1 replaying Women's World Cup '19: US vs Netherlands.

Nice distraction.
    Crazy that it has been almost 10 years since the Donovan goal against Algeria.  Took the day off of work and went to a big soccer bar to watch it....absolute insanity when that went in.  Great oral history from The Athletic.  

https://theathletic.com/1784304/2020/04/30/landon-donovan-algeria-goal-oral-history
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 18,147
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    How is pulisic not starting?
    Welp.  Game changed big time as soon as he came in.  He is awesome.
    Yeah, man.  

You guys know anything about Gio Reyna?  I never heard of him until a couple weeks ago.  Obviously Caludio's kid, but had no idea he existed or is legit.  They need to get him on the national team now as it seems like other countries are recruiting him.  I don't understand how this team can be bad in the next ten years, but I guess we'll see and I am sure they'll find a way to mess it up.

Side note, huge fan of Claudio. Center Mid represent!  Have his autograph on one of thise 1994 denim/star looking guys
    Yeah, man.  

You guys know anything about Gio Reyna?  I never heard of him until a couple weeks ago.  Obviously Caludio's kid, but had no idea he existed or is legit.  They need to get him on the national team now as it seems like other countries are recruiting him.  I don't understand how this team can be bad in the next ten years, but I guess we'll see and I am sure they'll find a way to mess it up.

Side note, huge fan of Claudio. Center Mid represent!  Have his autograph on one of thise 1994 denim/star looking guys
    Another 17 year old American breaking in with Dortmund like Pulisic did.  It's awesome to see so many young Americans playing in top European leagues and not the trash MLS.  Pulisic, Reyna, McKennie, Adams, Sargent, Brooks, Dest, Yedlin, Morales, Steffen, Richards all playing in top leagues.  Future is looking pretty damn good even with that clown act of a coach.

This article is a little dated but nice breakdown of all the USMNT players in Europe...

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2020/01/19/americans-abroad-usmnt-europe-pulisic-reyna-vassilev-adams/
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 23,933
    Yeah, man.  

Another 17 year old American breaking in with Dortmund like Pulisic did.  It's awesome to see so many young Americans playing in top European leagues and not the trash MLS.  Pulisic, Reyna, McKennie, Adams, Sargent, Brooks, Dest, Yedlin, Morales, Steffen, Richards all playing in top leagues.  Future is looking pretty damn good even with that clown act of a coach.

This article is a little dated but nice breakdown of all the USMNT players in Europe...

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2020/01/19/americans-abroad-usmnt-europe-pulisic-reyna-vassilev-adams/
    I was just coming on here to ask about him as he is making a stir in the Bundesliga right now.
    Yeah, man.  

That’s what I’m saying. How can they not be good. Thanks for that.

the pulisic goal today!!! Oh my 
    So this Pulisic guy seems to be settling into the Premier League pretty well huh?  
  • cutzcutz Posts: 9,159
    So this Pulisic guy seems to be settling into the Premier League pretty well huh?