Easter Sunday?

What are your plans?
What is on the menu?
How do you celebrate?

I will be spending Easter alone. My wife is in Mexico, while I am home working and feeding the cat. Hahaha
But that's ok. I will go out for a nice breakfast with my mom and dad, and I am hoping my sisters and nieces also show up.
Then I will sit at home and watch "The Ten Commandments" for what I believe will be the 40th straight year.
Maybe order a pizza for my Easter dinner.
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    We're going to church in the morning. We have lunch at my mom's at 2 PM and dinner at my in-law's at 5. My MIL was crabby about us eating at my mother's first. She told me that we weren't to eat much since she's cooking. 1. Girlfriend CAN'T cook and 2. Mom bought Honeybaked Turkey. My mom wins. Other than that, we'll come home, maybe go for a walk or just spend some time together -- me and my peeps.

Pizza sounds delightful.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    deadendp said:

We're going to church in the morning. We have lunch at my mom's at 2 PM and dinner at my in-law's at 5. My MIL was crabby about us eating at my mother's first. She told me that we weren't to eat much since she's cooking. 1. Girlfriend CAN'T cook and 2. Mom bought Honeybaked Turkey. My mom wins. Other than that, we'll come home, maybe go for a walk or just spend some time together -- me and my peeps.

Pizza sounds delightful.

I would much rather be cooking a standing rib roast, or a leg of lamb, or even a nice ham.
    But I have a strange feeling I will be eating pizza.
    Haha
  • Chyrch in the morning, then back to the house to smoke the last of the previous year's Turkey tags.. And a Ham from the butcher..( whom
    Incidentally is named Tony; punk reference).... Then hit the Jaccuzzi ..
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Going to brunch at the Petroleum Club, where my mom is a member. My prince and I, my mom, his dad and stepmom, and my nephew are going. There is always an unbelievable spread at these holiday brunches. I will probably eat entirely too much, then come home and take a nap.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."

deadendp said:

Pizza sounds delightful.

I would much rather be cooking a standing rib roast, or a leg of lamb, or even a nice ham.
    Haha
    Order the pizza with extra ham. =)
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Pizza sounds delightful.

Haha
    Order the pizza with extra ham. =)
    Lmao nice
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I had every intention of going to get kielbasa but somehow I managed not to. I don't even know if the butcher is even still there or if he still caters to the dwindling polish community. He might just serve farm to table head to tail craft cow now. :disappointed: And I'm not taking the bus (or heaven forbid - the G train!) all the way to Greenpoint just for some kielbasa for one.
    I do have a whole carton of eggs meant to be boiled for devilled eggs and for the kielbasa though. :disappointed:
    I bought a mini pernil because Associated had it on sale and it actually had the cut I was looking for during Christmas. It's little but I don't know who I think I'm feeding with that.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    We are having ham, au gratins, cloverleaf buns, grandma's baked beans, coleslaw and fruit salad or pumpkin pie for dessert.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    We are having friends over for dinner. I'm planning an apricot-curry pork roast, roasted potatoes, plus whatever sort of veggies look good when I shop. Not sure about dessert as one of the guests coming is celiac, so no baking. Maybe I'll make ice cream?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    ^^^^^
    That apricot-curry pot roast sounds awesome!
  • We are having friends over for dinner. I'm planning an apricot-curry pork roast, roasted potatoes, plus whatever sort of veggies look good when I shop. Not sure about dessert as one of the guests coming is celiac, so no baking. Maybe I'll make ice cream?

Change of plans!! I'm going to Ofrenreadibg's house!! Lol
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Muslims don't celebrate Easter but I'm down with eating anything not swine. Haha
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859

We are having friends over for dinner. I'm planning an apricot-curry pork roast, roasted potatoes, plus whatever sort of veggies look good when I shop. Not sure about dessert as one of the guests coming is celiac, so no baking. Maybe I'll make ice cream?

u could also a mousse dessert with some fruit or chocolate.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Going to my parents' house, my sister and bro-in-law and their kids too. Easter is way too religious for us to really celebrate, but for some reason it still doesn't go totally unacknowledged. But It's more a birthday dinner for me and my dad. His was March 22, mine is April 20th, so my mom has decided to combine them both and mix it in with Easter. Wtf. Lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    No different than any other Sunday.
    mca47 said:

booze and whores?

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280

mca47 said:

booze and whores?

Nah, whores are on Friday and Saturday. But for sure on the booze!
    Wouldn't mind playing some poker though.... ;)
    mca47 said:

mca47 said:

booze and whores?

Nah, whores are on Friday and Saturday. But for sure on the booze!
    Wouldn't mind playing some poker though.... ;)
    There has been only one "SURE THING" in my life over the last 40 years.

On Easter I watch "The Ten Commandments"

Every friend and relative knows not to call me, not to bother me....If your house is on fire? Call someone else...I am watching "The Ten Commandments"

And YES I am an atheist!
    But God Damned its a GREAT movie!
    Yeah, watching the ten commandments is a tradition around here too.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    My family's Jewish - I'm agnostic now - so even though we didn't celebrate Easter, I watched that film religiously (ha!) each year as well.

These meals sound amazing, by the way.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    The family is coming over here for dinner. Ham (which I will not be partaking), mashed potatoes, salad, rolls...I'm sure I am forgetting something. LOTS of chocolate. After dinner: Easter egg hunt.
    ELITIST FUK
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,101
    edited April 2015
    2 sisters in law...wife...baby...nephew...boiling/painting eggs tomorrow & then to the mall to have the kids memorialized with a scary as shit looking giant rabbit and then on Sunday they will go to church while I cook up a meal at home with the baby. Haven't decided what I am cooking yet. Will determine tomorrow, shop & when they get home from church we will grub down. Easter egg hunt in the back yard in the AM too.
    Easter, or Re-Birthday as I commonly refer to it, is much more fun now that I am an atheist. TODAY is way more fun now that I am an athiest. I despised the Catholic Holy Day of Obligation that is Good Friday. (Found it morbid, depressing, and made me jones for a giant steak)

Wish my family did the feast of the 7 fishes...now that would be badass. Instead I will drink a half a handle of ketel and partake in some greens and enjoy life as a godless heathen.

For all of you who find renewal and strength in this weekend, congrats & I hope you and your families enjoy it!

(Speedy, you rat bastard, now I am going to have to watch 10 Commandments.)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    badbrains said:

Muslims don't celebrate Easter but I'm down with eating anything not swine. Haha

Come on over to my mom's house. We're having Honeybaked turkey. No swine! Mom can cook, too. She'd be happy to have you!
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    deadendp said:

badbrains said:

Come on over to my mom's house. We're having Honeybaked turkey. No swine! Mom can cook, too. She'd be happy to have you!
    Look at that, someone inviting a Muslim over for Easter dinner. Thanks amy, appreciate it very much. The rest of you can go to hell. Haha
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    edited April 2015

a scary as shit looking giant rabbit

Swear I read that as "rabbi" =)
    (damn you, quote function!)
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • hedonist said:

a scary as shit looking giant rabbit

Swear I read that as "rabbi" =)
    (damn you, quote function!)
    Haha, that might be scary too. I think the irrational fear of religious figures is one of the things that drove me away. All of those years in private catholic school! A giant nun would make me shit 'em.

Maybe a Rabbi holding a Rabbit?

• Yeah that quote function was a first ^^^^ Hit previous quotes to see reply Hedo.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    edited April 2015
    The real Easter Bunny. Surprise!

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    badbrains said:

deadendp said:

badbrains said:

Look at that, someone inviting a Muslim over for Easter dinner. Thanks amy, appreciate it very much. The rest of you can go to hell. Haha
    Jesus bb. Lol. We eat ham. Sorry bud.

The fams getting together tomorrow cuz I'm headed to the WINGS easter sun!

Homemade mac n cheese, honey baked ham, cheese ball, some weird fish dip ewe, pineapple, veggie hopefully asparagus, cobbler and ice cream, some cute bunny something cake for the kids.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    badbrains said:

deadendp said:

badbrains said:

You are more than welcome to join my family for the festivities, and join me in not eating ham. Plus, there is the egg hunt after dinner. :smiley:
    ELITIST FUK