Options

Iran Deal, the reset.....

Comments

• Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    I’ve figured out the peace angle to this, perhaps one of the legal minds here sympathetic to the cause will donate their time and expertise.

Organize the families of the victims for a class action lawsuit, naming Trump (set the stage), Putin (sold the gun) and Iran (pulled the trigger). Get those three on the same side of the table and maybe a common viewpoint can be found (such as “They won’t get my/our money!”).

For what it’s worth I don’t blame Trump for the airliner being shot down, if anyone it’s Iran’s civil aviation authorities for not grounding all civilian flights that night.

Watching coverage by our (Canada’s) state broadcaster now and they REALLY want to let Iran off the hook with the “accidental” aspect while hammering away at Trump creating the circumstances.

It was also hilarious (to me) when Rosemary “Giggles” Barton felt it necessary to ask about Trudeau’s personal feelings on this (while another CBC reporter worked to get our PM to blame Trump. I’m no Trudeau fan, but I’ll give him credit for not taking the bait.).
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    I’ve figured out the peace angle to this, perhaps one of the legal minds here sympathetic to the cause will donate their time and expertise.

Organize the families of the victims for a class action lawsuit, naming Trump (set the stage), Putin (sold the gun) and Iran (pulled the trigger). Get those three on the same side of the table and maybe a common viewpoint can be found (such as “They won’t get my/our money!”).

For what it’s worth I don’t blame Trump for the airliner being shot down, if anyone it’s Iran’s civil aviation authorities for not grounding all civilian flights that night.

Watching coverage by our (Canada’s) state broadcaster now and they REALLY want to let Iran off the hook with the “accidental” aspect while hammering away at Trump creating the circumstances.

It was also hilarious (to me) when Rosemary “Giggles” Barton felt it necessary to ask about Trudeau’s personal feelings on this (while another CBC reporter worked to get our PM to blame Trump. I’m no Trudeau fan, but I’ll give him credit for not taking the bait.).
    Get Trudeau a razor too. He looks ridiculous with that beard. But he still isn’t the stupidest looking leader in North America.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414

Get Trudeau a razor too. He looks ridiculous with that beard. But he still isn’t the stupidest looking leader in North America.
    If I’m going to agree with others about leaving the Trump diaper thing alone I can’t crap on Trudeau’s beard. Especially since I still can’t grow a full one myself at 45, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Speaking of shitshows - this thread..... :lol:

Sometimes I wonder if any of you guys actually have jobs to go to ;)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Speaking of shitshows - this thread..... :lol:

Sometimes I wonder if any of you guys actually have jobs to go to ;)
    Gubmint cheese and an Obama phone, who needs a job?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    "It's hard to find a JAAAAAAAAAAWWWB"
    -Neil Young, "Sedan Delivery".
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    how is the alleged stance by our favourite rock band relevant to this? do your formulate all your opinions based on the teachings of The Almighty Vedder?
    It’s a Pearl Jam forum knucklehead lmao
    uh, and how is that relevant? we aren't talking about their music here, (insert childish name-calling here)

again, do you formulate all your opinions based on what you think the band would think? and you call other people sheep?

Again, to some of us it isn’t sharing a political view with the band but more of a shared belief how we should treat each other.

Are you saying Pearl Jam doesn’t think this is Condition Critical?

seems like PJ might be about to take a pretty bold step on this topic. 
  • Options

If I’m going to agree with others about leaving the Trump diaper thing alone I can’t crap on Trudeau’s beard. Especially since I still can’t grow a full one myself at 45, lol.
    Hahah you are right. I was literally just watching him on TV at that moment.   I’m not using it as a reason he can’t govern though.  But fair enough. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,846
    A very interesting Friday morning read as I sip my coffee.  Not sure who mentioned Pompeo but good call.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/09/politics/pompeo-trump-iran-soleimani/index.html

How Pompeo convinced Trump to kill Soleimani and fulfilled a decade-long goal

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    edited January 2020
    someone has to admit fault for this. 

at this point, not to knock our military, but i would not be surprised in the least if we accidently shot it down. i have zero confidence in our military brass. the brass follows orders from the buffoon in chief without question, so i have lost respect for the brass.
    I haven't read any further than this but you brought this up twice now.

The plane was shot at in the MIDDLE of Iran, not the edges, the middle.  No other foreign troops were around unless they were a few hundred miles away in the Caspian sea but the missiles are short range so that couldn't have happened.

Iran shot down the plane that left their airport in their own airspace.

EDIT:  The missile was Russian made too.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,700
    edited January 2020

at this point, not to knock our military, but i would not be surprised in the least if we accidently shot it down. i have zero confidence in our military brass. the brass follows orders from the buffoon in chief without question, so i have lost respect for the brass.

The plane was shot at in the MIDDLE of Iran, not the edges, the middle.  No other foreign troops were around unless they were a few hundred miles away in the Caspian sea but the missiles are short range so that couldn't have happened.

middle? departed from Tehran yes? In route Kyiv, Ukraine, yes? Meaning roughly due north, yes?
    edit to correct, northwest......
    ok,
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Iran has invited all the countries who had citizenship onboard and Boeing to come and participate in an investigation.
    US sanctions prevent our participation. Without modification or a temporary order.
    Why would we be invited? I didn't think there were Americans on the plane.  

mickeyrat said:
    Iran has invited all the countries who had citizenship onboard and Boeing to come and participate in an investigation.
    Really , so they are calling everyone’s bluff if they are being blamed I guess they wanna prove their innocence? If they are indeed innocent!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    This is a plane that originally departed from the Tehran airport. It's 100% Iran's responsibility. Trump has done plenty wrong, but it's not a zero sum game.
    Sure, if you willfully ignore all the events that led up to and surrounded the tragedy. I'm sure historians will look at it that way, why would anyone be interested in context?
    Hahaha this is pretty comical really.  So, now that Iran sent ballistic missiles at americans, if Trump shoots down a plane over one of those bases that is carrying americans, it's Iran's fault?   
    You respond to a comment about ignoring context with a comment ignoring context. Congratulations on the most useless comment in this thread today, but it's still early, I'm sure you have more.
    You should focus on the topic more and deflect by focusing on the posters by trying to belittle them less. 

Says the one jumping into a conversation by going hahaha, pretty comical really. I should really take anything that person has to say after that seriously. 

I won't be taking your advice on how to navigate around here, but thanks for the tip.
    Yo diggin - was thinking about this a bit and I wanted to apologize for my comment using "comical".  Certainly not the right way to have a good conversation about a topic and I see how I could be then instigator in this back and forth.  Not my intention. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    US sanctions prevent our participation. Without modification or a temporary order.

mickeyrat said:
    Really , so they are calling everyone’s bluff if they are being blamed I guess they wanna prove their innocence? If they are indeed innocent!
    Yup, after they have removed items from the crash site.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:
    Ukraine has been on the ground, assume the following day.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    edited January 2020

Looks ridiculous? 

If that handsome man in a normal looking beard look ridiculous to you, then please tell what planet your are getting your appearance expectations from. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    edited January 2020
    mickeyrat said:

middle? departed from Tehran yes? In route Kyiv, Ukraine, yes? Meaning roughly due north, yes?
    edit to correct, northwest......
    ok,
    For clarity sake zoom in on the map and the airport is a few hundred miles away from the sea, almost 300 from any other country that would have Russian influence and 500 miles from American influence which would put this missile at it's max range from land as it wasn't fired from the sea, it's not designed to do that and it couldn't be a US rocket because it is Russian made.

EDIT:  I did say Middle.  If you zoom in it is much more clearer than a zoomed out map but it is not the middle, sorry.
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • Options
      Head of Iran's civil aviation says 'it is absolutely impossible' for Tehran to have shot down airliner.
    https://aje.io/kvj7p

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    mickeyrat said:
      Head of Iran's civil aviation says 'it is absolutely impossible' for Tehran to have shot down airliner.

It does seem like they are telling everyone to call their bluff.  I don't see how they could cover up something like that, if it happened.  There will be shrapnel damage and you would think the black box has the chatter of the pilots.  Everyday is yet another bizarre twist.  The Trump presidency just brings out the lunacy in everyone.  
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    edited January 2020
    mickeyrat said:
    HUMANITARIAN SUPERPOWER SWEDEN

GETS THE CHANCE TO CRACK THIS RIDDLE

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,058
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

It does seem like they are telling everyone to call their bluff.  I don't see how they could cover up something like that, if it happened.  There will be shrapnel damage and you would think the black box has the chatter of the pilots.  Everyday is yet another bizarre twist.  The Trump presidency just brings out the lunacy in everyone.  
    I'd argue that there was no shortage of lunacy before, but he certainly adds more lunacy
  • Options
    And regardless of how you feel about Trudeau as a leader, that's a solid beard. Why did he grow it? Blackface deterrent?
  • Options

Looks ridiculous? 

If that handsome man in a normal looking beard look ridiculous to you, then please tell what planet your are getting your appearance expectations from. 
    From Duck Dynasty.  

Just thought it was a weird look for him and seems like he did so to appear older...seemed like a political move. Mostly just busting Justin's balls and not serious.  

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284
    Beard who cares damn so now we have fashion police on here lol , please tell me you believe our supreme leader on anything that pertains to Iran and also believe everything he says about Saudi Arabia!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    I don't buy that. I think it's all a distraction technique perpetrated by Trump. He's just throwing the GOP senators under the bus because of course he is. They're going to support him in the impeachment trial no matter what. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817
    having loved ones on the plane doesn't change common sense. 

is it possible? of course, anything is. maybe obama fired the missile from his home in kenya. but it's clearly not the answer that makes the most sense. 
    Dude, I told you earlier, your opinion doesn’t matter to me. I’m here to vent about Trump. I’ve paid attention since day one and PREDICTED HE WOULD WIN the presidency. 
     I knew this would be a shitshow... only it isn’t funny anymore.  Peoples lives are at stake, including yours. But if you want to make excuses, you go right ahead. I’m not taking this shit lying down. 
    HEY EVERYONE THIS GUY PREDICTED TRUMP WOULD WIN SO HE CLEARLY DOESN'T NEED TO LISTEN TO THE REST OF Y'ALL'S OPINIONS. 
        -this has been a public service announcement brought to you by HFD
    I don’t need to listen to YOUR opinion. But one of the Trumpster sheeple would twist everything I was posting and of course once again take one little piece of it out of context and write some inane comment. 
    PSA from 1TK
    of course you don't. you keep saying my opinion doesn't matter. and that's fine if that's what you think. but then why keep replying? no one's holding a gun to your head. 

for the record: i don't believe there are any of trump's people in this thread at the moment. just people with opposing views attempting to have an adult conversation. not everyone you disagree with is a trump supporter. it blows me away that this keeps having to be said 3 years in. 
    Because as always you just have to get the last word in and then hide behind the fact you want to have “an adult conversation”. I already said I came in to vent. Several Canadians died due Trump’s ineptness and lack of empathy.  I blame him for what happened and I can only hope he will be held accountable.  This guy is a buffoon... his decisions are costing people their lives.  
    Your initial response was typically smug and while most times I ignore you, as I mentioned earlier, I’ve reached the end of my rope with Trump and I’m fired up. I don’t need anymore evidence to blame him for this and I certainly don’t need anyone to tell me it’s “quite a leap” to blame Trump for it. 
    the last word? am I not supposed to respond when people post?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    how is the alleged stance by our favourite rock band relevant to this? do your formulate all your opinions based on the teachings of The Almighty Vedder?
    It’s a Pearl Jam forum knucklehead lmao
    uh, and how is that relevant? we aren't talking about their music here, (insert childish name-calling here)

again, do you formulate all your opinions based on what you think the band would think? and you call other people sheep?

Again, to some of us it isn’t sharing a political view with the band but more of a shared belief how we should treat each other.

Are you saying Pearl Jam doesn’t think this is Condition Critical?

seems like PJ might be about to take a pretty bold step on this topic. 
    there's a big difference between having a shared world view with them and and just blindly following theirs. I don't know if the latter is actually the case, but that's what it sounded like. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    I don't buy that. I think it's all a distraction technique perpetrated by Trump. He's just throwing the GOP senators under the bus because of course he is. They're going to support him in the impeachment trial no matter what. 
    I find it believable, but yeah, who knows how true it is. I agree with everything else you said.
  • Options
    I wonder.....if after Obama had Bin Laden killed.......what if the US experienced another 9/11 level event as a result? or some type of accident as a result of the heightened tensions/paranoia? would you all have blamed obama? or the ones who perpetrated the attack/made the mistake?

I can take a wild guess. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com