Options

Iran Deal, the reset.....

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,717
    Hi! said:
    Fuck...
    What happens after we bomb those 52 sites? It’s happening. Iran is gonna retaliate, Trump already said 52 sites. Will it be all 52 at once?
    “Cultural Sites”? 
    This 52 reference blows me away....so 40 years ago there were 52 hostages and now we are going to identify 52 sites to represent them?

Let's hope the Iranians forget about that passenger plane that we blew out of the sky killing 290 people
    They remember 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/nationalpost.com/news/world/rouhani-warns-trump-not-to-threaten-the-iranian-nation-tweets-about-airliner-downed-in-1988/amp

Crazy....and once again tRump is outfoxed by an "enemy"

God, I hadn't thought about this in years.  Although how often are we reminded about Lockerbie Scotland?  Shows you how manipulated we are.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Fuck...
    What happens after we bomb those 52 sites? It’s happening. Iran is gonna retaliate, Trump already said 52 sites. Will it be all 52 at once?
    “Cultural Sites”? 
    This 52 reference blows me away....so 40 years ago there were 52 hostages and now we are going to identify 52 sites to represent them?

Let's hope the Iranians forget about that passenger plane that we blew out of the sky killing 290 people
    They remember 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/nationalpost.com/news/world/rouhani-warns-trump-not-to-threaten-the-iranian-nation-tweets-about-airliner-downed-in-1988/amp

God, I hadn't thought about this in years.  Although how often are we reminded about Lockerbie Scotland?  Shows you how manipulated we are.  
    Trump's 52 has meaning to it also.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,797
    Hi! said:
    Fuck...
    “Cultural Sites”? 

52 F35As take to the skies over Utah
    https://fox13now.com/2020/01/06/52-f35as-take-to-the-skies-over-utah/

US air force says fighter jet test is 'coincidence' after Trump's Iran threat
    Fleet of 52 new F-35A jets tested in first mass exercise in Utah, following president’s vow to hit 52 Iranian targets
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,717
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Fuck...
    “Cultural Sites”? 

They remember 

Trump's 52 has meaning to it also.
    Yes I know.  The point is that in the US, how often do we think about that Iranian airline?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    CM189191 said:
    I saw Iran put an 80 million bounty on Trump's head

how do you suppose that works?

Is it like NPR where I can make a donation to help match?

Is there a fund I can contribute to?
    Do you think Dick Cheney can collect the bounty if he does this by accident?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    CM189191 said:

As much as you dislike trump this is definitely crossing the line.  As an American You can’t wish a foreign country to harm our president. 
    It's not complicated calculus to see where Trump is arguably a net negative for the country - and is actively harming it. He exposes the nation to great risk to exert power (small man syndrome - ironic, as he's quite tall), he is impulsive, he actively jeopardizes global alliances by treating relationships as purely transaction. Within the nation, he has exploited rifts that are un-Uniting the States, and doubled down on them for his own gain. He has demonstrated a perpetual apathy and mockery of those who get in his way. I'm not calling for someone's death, however I do believe the country would be far better if a number of politicians dropped dead (Trump included). In Trump's case, truly, I would only mourn that it didn't happen before the catastrophic damage he has left behind as a legacy. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,898
    benjs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    CM189191 said:

As much as you dislike trump this is definitely crossing the line.  As an American You can’t wish a foreign country to harm our president. 
    It's not complicated calculus to see where Trump is arguably a net negative for the country - and is actively harming it. He exposes the nation to great risk to exert power (small man syndrome - ironic, as he's quite tall), he is impulsive, he actively jeopardizes global alliances by treating relationships as purely transaction. Within the nation, he has exploited rifts that are un-Uniting the States, and doubled down on them for his own gain. He has demonstrated a perpetual apathy and mockery of those who get in his way. I'm not calling for someone's death, however I do believe the country would be far better if a number of politicians dropped dead (Trump included). In Trump's case, truly, I would only mourn that it didn't happen before the catastrophic damage he has left behind as a legacy. 
    while I don't wish the death of anyone, trump is in a small group of people in my mind where I wouldn't be unhappy if it happened. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
    Let's not go there. We're better than that. Thank you.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat said:

so indifference is unethical now too?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Kat said:

I think Kat's statement is fair. Just the topic of wishing for someone's death vs. being okay with someone's death, regardless of the situation - both are beneath us all, and there are more productive points we can discuss here. My apologies, Kat!

EV
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,171
    Instead of indifference about his expiration, we should be pressuring pelosi to cut off all funding for these acts of war until he brings a vote to congress. And then pressure our reps to vote NO.

The US is not a dictatorship and if conservatives are serious about debt relief, it's time for us to scale back our war machine. 

Simple messaging.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Instead of indifference about his expiration, we should be pressuring pelosi to cut off all funding for these acts of war until he brings a vote to congress. And then pressure our reps to vote NO.

The US is not a dictatorship and if conservatives are serious about debt relief, it's time for us to scale back our war machine. 

Simple messaging.
    It's not?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    benjs said:
    Kat said:

I think Kat's statement is fair. Just the topic of wishing for someone's death vs. being okay with someone's death, regardless of the situation - both are beneath us all, and there are more productive points we can discuss here. My apologies, Kat!
    meh. I think there is a huge chasm between wishing vs not caring. But either way.....
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,009

Simple messaging.
    DoD has their budget for the coming year. Which was an increase over last year.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,797
    edited January 2020
    Kat said:

yes, just like sitting out an election bc bsab, or voting 3rd party
    Post edited by CM189191 on
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    "bc bsab". huh?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    benjs said:
    Kat said:

meh. I think there is a huge chasm between wishing vs not caring. But either way.....
    You can think it. You just can't say it. That's as good as I'll ever be.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,347
    So reports of US base attacked not sure in Iraq 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    When was the last time a million Americans gathered in a square to shout "Death to [Name Your Country]!"  Never. Our government is not perfect. Much of our foreign policy is whacked. But by and large, we are a generous people who would never whip ourselves into a stampede over the death of a general. Quite simplistically, and I know unrealistically, I would love it if we pulled out of Iraq and let those people have that desert all to themselves to do whatever they want. Good riddance, I would say. The Middle East has been nothing but trouble from the beginning. I just can't understand or sympathize with the point of view of a people, a culture, who hatefully gather to shout "Death to America." Fuck that. God help us all. We've got a lunatic president leading us into a war against a country also led by lunatics. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,203
    edited January 2020
    Good job Donald J Trump and anyone who voted for him.

I hope this doesn't get me banned. But who knows.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,347
    When was the last time a million Americans gathered in a square to shout "Death to [Name Your Country]!"  Never. Our government is not perfect. Much of our foreign policy is whacked. But by and large, we are a generous people who would never whip ourselves into a stampede over the death of a general. Quite simplistically, and I know unrealistically, I would love it if we pulled out of Iraq and let those people have that desert all to themselves to do whatever they want. Good riddance, I would say. The Middle East has been nothing but trouble from the beginning. I just can't understand or sympathize with the point of view of a people, a culture, who hatefully gather to shout "Death to America." Fuck that. God help us all. We've got a lunatic president leading us into a war against a country also led by lunatics. 
    lol it has already started ballistic misiles already shot off in Iraq 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,203
    edited January 2020
    lol. What the fuck even is this post.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,009
    since the beginning of what? The discovery of oil and european colonizers with their arrogance and false sense of superiority arrived?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
     when was the last time a country invaded the US under the guise of liberation just to control the region's oil supply, killed hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians, bragged "mission accomplished", and occupied that territory for a decade. 

just imagine if that happened. you'd be in the streets shouting at the top of you lungs too. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    You have completely ignored the US history in Iran.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,961
    dignin said:
    Let s be fair, Iran has been stirring the pot since Carter.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,522
    Death and war brought to you by Trump.

Can't take this shit anymore
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    Let s be fair, Iran has been stirring the pot since Carter.  
    everything seemed pretty ok until trump walked in and fucked it all up in the name of un-obama-ing everything. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,961
     when was the last time a country invaded the US under the guise of liberation just to control the region's oil supply, killed hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians, bragged "mission accomplished", and occupied that territory for a decade. 

just imagine if that happened. you'd be in the streets shouting at the top of you lungs too. 
    Yeah but that was Iraq, not Iran. I agree with what dreams.  Pull the hell
    out of the Middle East and let them sort out their own problems. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......