The Rolling Stones Thread

15678911»

Comments

• mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 891
    edited August 14
    What time are they hitting the stage this tour?  My ticket says 7:30.  I'm thinking 8:30/9:00? Any help would be great
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 363
    edited August 14
    They were on by 850 in Denver.  I heard it was about the same time in houston. I’d be ass in seat  by 840 or so.  
    Post edited by dr122931 on
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 891
    dr122931 said:
    They were on by 850 in Denver.  I heard it was about the same time in houston. I’d be ass in seat  by 840 or so.  

Thanks!
  • cjzolycjzoly Posts: 502
    Lukas Nelson and a Promise played PJ Tribute...
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • ZodZod Posts: 6,221
    cjzoly said:
    Lukas Nelson and a Promise played PJ Tribute...
    I think that was the first time I'd ever heard a band cover PJ live (aside from maybe a bar cover band).

Good show.  I swear to god I saw Matt Cameron stroll into the pit at one point....
  • rummyrummy Ontario, CanadaPosts: 3,094
    edited August 16
    Any Hot Rocks fans, here? If so, do you think it's okay as it is or should more of the More Hot Rock been included initially? I guess what I'm getting at is what would your ideal 1960's Rolling Stones Greatest Hits package look like?
    Auckland 1998, Toronto 1 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Toronto 1&2 2016, Seattle 1&2 2018
  • theboywiltheboywil SeattlePosts: 35
    Zod said:

Good show.  I swear to god I saw Matt Cameron stroll into the pit at one point....
    You probably did, I spotted him walking towards us.  He stopped and chatted to some people next to me, and I said a quick hi and got a handshake...   :-D
    Well we've been a good few hours drinking
    So I'm going to say what everyone's thinking
    If we're stuck on this ship and it's sinking
    Then we might as well have a parade
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 363
    theboywil said:
    Zod said:

You probably did, I spotted him walking towards us.  He stopped and chatted to some people next to me, and I said a quick hi and got a handshake...   :-D
    Matt posted a video on Instagram of the stones playing miss you from the pit (keith’s side).  He also posted a picture with Charlie saying he was his hero.  There were other pictures on social media of Eddie with Ronnie and Charlie.  Also pictures of Mike and Jeff at the show.  Didn’t see stone.   
    Anyway, perhaps they all were in the studio together that day!?
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 13,962
    rummy said:
    Any Hot Rocks fans, here? If so, do you think it's okay as it is or should more of the More Hot Rock been included initially? I guess what I'm getting at is what would your ideal 1960's Rolling Stones Greatest Hits package look like?
    Just listen to beggars and Let It Bleed.  That's all you need from the 60s imo.
  • rummyrummy Ontario, CanadaPosts: 3,094
    mrussel1 said:
    rummy said:
    Just listen to beggars and Let It Bleed.  That's all you need from the 60s imo.
    I love those two albums (and the next two). I still think, however, there are some great tunes prior to 1968, however.
    Auckland 1998, Toronto 1 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Toronto 1&2 2016, Seattle 1&2 2018
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific NorthwestPosts: 4,211
    Fantastic show in Seattle!
  • timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CAPosts: 228
    Went to the Pasadena show on Thursday. Was it my favorite Stones show? Not at all. Was it still a lot of fun? Of course! Two comments would be that Midnight Rambler really drags on and they should probably replace it with 2-3 other "hits" and when you are only playing 19 songs total, giving Keef the mic for two of them is unacceptable haha, but obviously he's earned it. Amazing the spectacle they can still put on at their age!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 13,962
    timdwilli said:
    Went to the Pasadena show on Thursday. Was it my favorite Stones show? Not at all. Was it still a lot of fun? Of course! Two comments would be that Midnight Rambler really drags on and they should probably replace it with 2-3 other "hits" and when you are only playing 19 songs total, giving Keef the mic for two of them is unacceptable haha, but obviously he's earned it. Amazing the spectacle they can still put on at their age!
    What did he sing? If Keith sang Happy, I'd be cool with that!
  • timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CAPosts: 228
    mrussel1 said:
    timdwilli said:
    What did he sing? If Keith sang Happy, I'd be cool with that!
    Agreed...I think Happy is the only Keith song I really like. Unfortunately, I've only gotten it at one of the six Stones shows I've been to. Thursday he sang You Got the Silver and Before They Make Me Run.