I had the Whisker Biscuit.

Sublime!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527

Anyone dive into eat at the Meat Cove diner yet? Very good

I had the clams by the way
    I had the Whisker Biscuit.

Sublime!
    I had the 'flap'jacks with cream sauce.. Delish!!
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    How could you not have gotten a bowl of chowder for $5.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • How could you not have gotten a bowl of chowder for $5.

Hair Pie for free?
    With hair pie its only $3. I prefer my chowder hair free myself so I paid the extra $2. I'm not saying it was good chowder, but it was only $5. I feel like I wasn't the only one to put my spoon into that chowder today and is smelled a little skunky.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • With hair pie its only $3. I prefer my chowder hair free myself so I paid the extra $2. I'm not saying it was good chowder, but it was only $5. I feel like I wasn't the only one to put my spoon into that chowder today and is smelled a little skunky.

They were offering Hairless Pie (guaranteed to be of proper vintage) but they are now out.
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    Buckle up boys and girls it's about to get a little rough tonight. It's gonna be wet and sloppy on the east coast =)

Tropical Cyclone Information Statement for Eastern Canada

Environment Canada
    Alert area: Newfoundland; Nova Scotia

For tropical storm Claudette.

The next statement will be issued by 9:00 PM ADT.

Tropical storm Claudette forms suddenly southwest of Nova Scotia.

1. Summary of basic information at 3.00 PM ADT.

About 718 km south of Yarmouth.

Maximum sustained winds: 80 km/hr

Present movement: ne at 24 km/h

Minimum central pressure: 1004 MB

2. Public weather impacts and warnings summary.

Tropical storm Claudette developed unexpectedly fast from a sub-tropical disturbance this afternoon. The current guidance and behaviour indicates it will move into our southwestern offshore waters tonight and will move northeast to lie near Sable Island Tuesday night. It may brush Cape Breton Island or move onshore early Wednesday as a weak system. Then it is expected to move into Southwestern Newfoundland and dissipate.

A. Wind. No Major impacts are expected from this system as the gale force winds are expected to remain offshore.

B. Rainfall. For Nova Scotia periods of rain are expected to start late Tuesday over the eastern shore and parts of Cape Breton. Periods of rain are expected for Southern and Eastern Newfoundland. It is too early to estimate exact amounts. Another low approaching in the wake of Claudette may actually give higher amounts.

C. Surge/waves. Wave and surge impact should be minimal with 2 to 3 metre waves being highest. There may be rip currents along the eastern shore on Tuesday, which may affect swimmers.

3. Marine weather impacts and warnings summary. Tropical storm Claudette developed unexpectedly fast from a sub-tropical disturbance this afternoon. The current guidance and behaviour indicates it will move into our southwestern offshore waters tonight and will move northeast to lie near Sable Island Tuesday night. It may brush Cape Breton Island or move onshore early Wednesday as a weak system. Then it is expected to move into Southwestern Newfoundland and dissipate.

Near and ahead of the system gale force southeasterlies are expected for Georges Bank-southern half, west and east Scotian slopes, Sable, eastern shore and Fourchu, starting overnight and continuing into Tuesday.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    I expected Meat Cove to be damp and wet and brought extra rain coats with me. As long as it isn't leaving a snail trail behind it as it goes we should be good.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    moist
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015

moist

Like a ho at the NBA all star game.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

moist

Sultry..
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

Buckle up boys and girls it's about to get a little rough tonight. It's gonna be wet and sloppy on the east coast =)

Environment Canada

Tropical storm Claudette developed unexpectedly fast from a sub-tropical disturbance this afternoon. The current guidance and behaviour indicates it will move into our southwestern offshore waters tonight and will move northeast to lie near Sable Island Tuesday night. It may brush Cape Breton Island or move onshore early Wednesday as a weak system. Then it is expected to move into Southwestern Newfoundland and dissipate.

A. Wind. No Major impacts are expected from this system as the gale force winds are expected to remain offshore.

B. Rainfall. For Nova Scotia periods of rain are expected to start late Tuesday over the eastern shore and parts of Cape Breton. Periods of rain are expected for Southern and Eastern Newfoundland. It is too early to estimate exact amounts. Another low approaching in the wake of Claudette may actually give higher amounts.

C. Surge/waves. Wave and surge impact should be minimal with 2 to 3 metre waves being highest. There may be rip currents along the eastern shore on Tuesday, which may affect swimmers.

3. Marine weather impacts and warnings summary. Tropical storm Claudette developed unexpectedly fast from a sub-tropical disturbance this afternoon. The current guidance and behaviour indicates it will move into our southwestern offshore waters tonight and will move northeast to lie near Sable Island Tuesday night. It may brush Cape Breton Island or move onshore early Wednesday as a weak system. Then it is expected to move into Southwestern Newfoundland and dissipate.

Near and ahead of the system gale force southeasterlies are expected for Georges Bank-southern half, west and east Scotian slopes, Sable, eastern shore and Fourchu, starting overnight and continuing into Tuesday.

So basically a typical Maritime summer day.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851

Environment Canada

So basically a typical Maritime summer day.
    I believe they call it a wee bit brisk when something like this rolls through.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    Meat Cove day! I poked around the back side of Meat Cove last night, must be the slum area...it smelled like shit
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Meat Cove day! I poked around the back side of Meat Cove last night, must be the slum area...it smelled like shit

Yeah I heard they refer to it as Mud Town over there.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    booboo
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee said:

booboo

We have a Boo Boo sighting. Yogi must be near. Keep an eye on your picnic baskets folks.

(We'll see how many get that reference)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

smarchee said:

booboo

We have a Boo Boo sighting. Yogi must be near. Keep an eye on your picnic baskets folks.

Did you just call me old? :nuh_uh:
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

smarchee said:

booboo

No, I'm calling the young fuckers, young fuckers because they missed out on quality Saturday TV time
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    ^^ Isn't that the truth!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1

Meat Cove day! I poked around the back side of Meat Cove last night, must be the slum area...it smelled like shit

Yeah I heard they refer to it as Mud Town over there.
    If you venture far enough along though there is a massive star fish statue. It is in the deep side of that area of town.

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

SD48277 said:

smarchee said:

booboo

No, I'm calling the young fuckers, young fuckers because they missed out on quality Saturday TV time
    My kids would have no idea what this is. They don't need Saturday morning cartoons. They have a dozen channels just for them plus hulu and amazon where they can get all of them on demand. Its a pity as they never get to experience wakking up on a Saturday morning, grabbing a massive bowl of cereal and loving life.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

SD48277 said:

smarchee said:

booboo

My kids would have no idea what this is. They don't need Saturday morning cartoons. They have a dozen channels just for them plus hulu and amazon where they can get all of them on demand. Its a pity as they never get to experience wakking up on a Saturday morning, grabbing a massive bowl of cereal and loving life.
    Saturday morning cartoons, after-school specials, movies of the week, prizes in boxes of cereals, debating whether Mikey really did die from mixing Pop Rocks and Coke....
    ELITIST FUK
    I found the Giants starfish statue.

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

I pictured it being made of brown clay. Pretty nonetheless
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

That is one massive dingleberry hanging off it though.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418

I pictured it being made of brown clay. Pretty nonetheless
    It's been bleached.

smarchee said:

booboo

Shhhh!! Here's comes The Ranger!!
    SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

smarchee said:

booboo

Saturday morning cartoons, after-school specials, movies of the week, prizes in boxes of cereals, debating whether Mikey really did die from mixing Pop Rocks and Coke....
    Cause Mikey Liked It!!

That is one massive dingleberry hanging off it though.

Also known as a Fucknugget..