Options

My daughter gave Eddie flowers on stage in Boston

Comments

• Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Allie02 wrote:
    I had to comment on your signature Melissa-I feel like a goober--

THOSE are the words in Porch? "Initiatives!!" OMG. 16 years, now I finally know what was being said there!

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!

here you go...

http://pearljam.com/songs/songs.php

all the lyrics
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    Lets Bump the best story ever so more people out there can enjoy.
    Gorge
  • Options
    LoDoubleULoDoubleU Posts: 80
    Buru wrote:
    Great and lovely story!
    The smile on Shae is priceless

It makes me smile
    :)

Well said Buru!

I loved the video, made me get all choked up. :)
    How to be happy and true....
    Is the quest we're taking together...
  • Options
    abhi101cruabhi101cru Posts: 223
    Yeah, I bought the bootleg to that show and had totally pictured Shae to be like a 25-year-old or something. Congrats man!! I hope one day something like that will happen to me.
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Here's a few pictures that I took from Boston 2.

I'm suprised that I could even see through the camera (through my tears) when Shae was onstage with Eddie!

Enjoy:

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/Smile_dad/
  • Options
    I don't know why, but I got really excited (butterflies in my stomach feeling) reading that.

I'm so happy for you and your little girl.

Something she will never forget.

Take care

K. x
    --- www.myspace.com/coldwarsundays ---
  • Options
    Thank you.

It was a truly amazing night.

It was one week ago, but we are still talking about it like it was last night.

It makes us SMILE...
  • Options
    Beautiful story! Thanks for sharing it. It warms my heart to hear stories like yours. My son is 3 1/2, and i can't wait until he's a little older and he can go see eddie with me. I even bought him a membership! I hope i have a story to share in about 7 years!!
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    that is one seriously beautiful story, and all the more...i love this feckin' band. :cool: thanks for sharing.

what she said...

right here>>>
    (points to my heart!)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Glad you posted this - I was wondering how that went down afer the show.
    "One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain. So hit me with music!"
  • Options
    I was there too.........and yelled like hell when Ed brought her to the Stage.
    Great story man.....tell Shae good call with Smile too
    Clear eyes, Full hearts, CAN'T LOSE!
  • Options
    g2fg2f Posts: 1
    Great story man! I was there for both shows and got butterflies when your little girl was brought up on stage. My daughter just turned 7 and the best I could do was a cellphone call to her at the beginning of each show! You and your daughter now have this truley incredible experience to share together forever. My hat's off to you man, sound's like you're a great dad. Thanks.

SMILE
    "He made it to the ocean, smoked a joint in a tree
    The wind rose up, set him down on his knee"

"I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side
    I am right by your side..."
  • Options
    skanjiskanji Posts: 20
    great story - memories of the Canadian tour and the kid that was on stage...remember lawyer??

we took a picture, go it developed and framed and gave it to her and her mom the next day...

and life wasted is playing on the radio now.

KEEP ON ROCKING PJ!!!
    me:
    09/21/96 Toronto,ON
    08/20/98 Montreal,QC
    08/22/98 Toronto,ON
    10/04/00 Montreal,QC
    10/05/00 Toronto,ON
    06/28/03 Toronto,ON
    06/29/03 Montreal,QC
    09/28/04 Boston,MA
    09/29/04 Boston,MA
    09/11/05 Kitchener,ON
    09/12/05 London,ON
    09/13/05 Hamilton,ON
    09/15/05 Montreal,QC
    09/16/05 Ottawa,ON
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    oye! i'm all veclemt!

cute story... :)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    julienovajulienova Posts: 118
    Smile_dad wrote:
    Here's a few pictures that I took from Boston 2.

I'm suprised that I could even see through the camera (through my tears) when Shae was onstage with Eddie!

Enjoy:

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/Smile_dad/

I love that shirt, I'm going to have to get my daughter one. Girls do rock.
  • Options
    jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    that's awesome, thanks for sharing your story and congrats to your daughter.
  • Options
    dude, you rule for sharing that story. I hope this thread lasts forever. Shae rules too!! It made me smile!!
    "I forgot the F***ing song."
    - Eddie Vedder, San Francisco 7-16-06, after botching Sometimes, the night's opener

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/pujolsFTW.JPG
  • Options
    NieraNiera Posts: 208
    I was there! I thought it was amazingly sweet that she brought flowers and how wonderful that she got onstage to meet Ed AND they played Smile!! I was thrilled for her--and for us in the audience--I mean, really, would they have played Smile otherwise? .. one of my favorite songs, too.

My almost 4 year old really wanted to come one of the 3 shows I went to this tour, and I told him he had to wait until he was 9 (Shae's age, and the age of the girl who got Ed's tambourine in Chicago), he was OK with that!

Thanks again for sharing the story and the pictures, and thank Shae, for me. I was so happy to hear Smile live!
    Can't wear my mask... your first, my last...
    **PROUD member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club**
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    WOW! That actually made me smile! (And i really needed it right now)

Props to eddie for doing something amazing like that, and props to your daughter for having the courage to get up infront of all those people!
    Amazing story... AHHH!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    julienova wrote:
    I love that shirt, I'm going to have to get my daughter one. Girls do rock.

Yeah, she chose to wear that one over her "Pearl Jam 3 monkeys" shirt that I got her back in 2000. It was WAAAY too big back then, but fits nicely now. Her, and her almost 7 year old sister, share the "3 monkeys" shirt now. Amazingly... they never fight over it!
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I just re-read the original post to make me smile again :)

It worked :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I think it would be cool if Shae posted her thoughts. I would love to read what she had to say. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    jdelinjdelin Posts: 189
    That is truly an amazing story. I was there, and thought that Shae was the luckiest person in the world.

Here's a picture that i took of Ed and Shae on stage:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/550803849/2879398580091427457xAHicX

NY 9/29/96; NJ 9/8/98; NY 9/10/98; NY 8/24/00; Mansfield 7/2/03; Mansfield 7/11/03; Boston 9/28/04 (VFC); Post-Letterman, NY 5/4/06; Boston 5/24/06; Boston 5/25/06; Mansfield 6/28/08; Mansfield 6/30/08; Boston 5/17/10; Dublin 6/22/10; Alpine Valley 9/3/11; Alpine Valley 9/4/11; Worcester 10/15/13; Worcester 10/16/13; Brooklyn 10/18/13; Philadelphia 4/29/16; Boston 8/5/16; Boston 8/7/16, Seattle 8/8/18, Seattle 8/10/18, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18

Mike Watt featuring EV, NY 4/27/95; Three Fish w/JA, NY 7/11/96; Three Fish w/JA, NY 6/11/99; EV Solo, Boston 8/1/08, Tres Mts. w/JA & MM, Boston 3/27/11; EV Solo, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    Tell Shae thank you from me! I was dying to hear smile! :D:D
  • Options
    jdelin wrote:
    That is truly an amazing story. I was there, and thought that Shae was the luckiest person in the world.

Here's a picture that i took of Ed and Shae on stage:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/550803849/2879398580091427457xAHicX

Cool pics :) Where were you seated at Boston 1? I was in Loge 22 and they look like that section.
  • Options
    That definitely made me Smile. Give her a big hug from all of us here. She was awesome!
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    Unreal my friend!
    :)
    Smiles all around!
  • Options
    This a terrific story.

I was at the show, and when I saw that little girl go on stage with a "request" I thought it was going to be "Leash." I was a little disappointed at first that it was "Smile" and not "Leash."

However, Boston got "Leash" and Shae got "Smile." What an awesome night for everyone.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    Smile_dad wrote:
    "Don't it make you Smile"...

Well they returned for Encore 2 and kicked it up a notch with "Why Go". I was lovin' it, but told her to just be patient. After "Life Wasted", I suggested she put 'em back in the air. This is when I was floored. Everyone around her was trying to get Eddie's attention, and pointing to the flowers! He saw them and her... he came right over and Eddie told her to come up on the stage to give them to her! She was all smiles now, and went up and over the fence, and on to the stage! Eddie said "We'd like to fulfill a request from a young lady in the third row... It isn't a request really, as she's got something for us... so we'll do this for her."

My friend (the woman with the bandana) and I were in the seats right behind you guys. We were part of the group of fans waving and gesturing toward the sign every time Shae held it up. I love Smile too so I'm glad it worked out for her. What a great moment.
    4/10/94 (Boston), 10/2/96 (Hartford), 8/22/98 (Toronto), 9/13/98 (Hartford), 9/15/98 (Mansfield), 9/16/98 (Mansfield), 8/29/00 (Mansfield), 8/30/00 (Mansfield), 7/2/03 (Mansfield), 7/11/03 (Mansfield), 9/28/04 (Boston), 5/13/06 (Hartford), 5/24/06 (Boston), 5/25/06 (Boston)
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    It was so funny how Eddie accidently said "fuck" then seemed to feel really bad for saying it during the little girl's song. He looked like he apologized :p