Options

Holy Grails Acquired!

2»

Comments

• Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    Its funny how this just popped up. I have both the Detroit and East Lansing posters. Detroit is mint and East Lansing has pin holes. I hung it up on my wall after the show. Years ago I traded the Washington D.C. reaper poster for Detroit 1998 & Columbus 2003 posters. Out of curiosity how much did you sell the Detroit poster for. It may be time for me to get rid of some of this stuff too.

I believe, I sold it for just over $800, back in 2020.  It did have pin holes in all four corners, and one edge had a ding. 
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    Awesome. I love the Detroit poster.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Loujoe said:
    Zod said:
    I have all 3 of my '98's hung up around the house.   Is suppose my challenge is that I've been to so many concerts, Pearl Jam and other bands, I have more concert posters than I have wall space, so only my favourite ones get hung up.   Still, I like it better then some kind of fancy artwork :)

I do often wonder what happens when we all hit the age where we start to downsize and have to pair down our collections.... that'll be a sad era :(
    I'm pretty sure I'll be buried with my pockets full-o-picks.
     Would make a cool poster. An Egyptian type burial pyramid cross section of a pearl jam fan. It would be big. A room for records, posters, 10 rooms for other stuff plus 1000 statues of Big Pete to protect me and my loot in the afterlife. 
    I don't have any picks :(   The only item I've got that I caught at a PJ show was one of Matt Cameron's wristbands he tossed out at the last Vancouver show.    I've been in GA, but usually not quite close enough picks can make it over to me.   A wristband however has more heft and would of sailed over my head if it wasn't for my height and long arms :)
    no picks you say?  PM me your addy
    This is the measure of the man. Class act
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    Zod said:
    Loujoe said:
    Zod said:
    I have all 3 of my '98's hung up around the house.   Is suppose my challenge is that I've been to so many concerts, Pearl Jam and other bands, I have more concert posters than I have wall space, so only my favourite ones get hung up.   Still, I like it better then some kind of fancy artwork :)

I do often wonder what happens when we all hit the age where we start to downsize and have to pair down our collections.... that'll be a sad era :(
     Would make a cool poster. An Egyptian type burial pyramid cross section of a pearl jam fan. It would be big. A room for records, posters, 10 rooms for other stuff plus 1000 statues of Big Pete to protect me and my loot in the afterlife. 
    I don't have any picks :(   The only item I've got that I caught at a PJ show was one of Matt Cameron's wristbands he tossed out at the last Vancouver show.    I've been in GA, but usually not quite close enough picks can make it over to me.   A wristband however has more heft and would of sailed over my head if it wasn't for my height and long arms :)

done! thank you! :)

• Options
    lowbudgetlushlowbudgetlush Posts: 609
    edited October 2023
    $800. That is a nice chunk of change! I love all the kind folks in this forum. I also dont have any picks! LOL! The closest I ever came to getting one was at the 2006 Grand Rapids show when Mike threw one and it bounced off my wife's forehead. Someone else snatched it up.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,800
    Pick the pickless!  You can buy them pretty cheap now. Better to get one that bounces off someone's head though! Dang.
  • Options
    $800. That is a nice chunk of change! I love all the kind folks in this forum. I also dont have any picks! LOL! The closest I ever came to getting one was at the 2006 Grand Rapids show when Mike threw one and it bounced off my wife's forehead. Someone else snatched it up.
    How messy was the divorce?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,773
    Zod said:
    Loujoe said:
    Zod said:

Best f-ing dude out there! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,279
    ZoSoTim said:
    Pap said:
    I recently visited Chicago for the first time ever, and I managed to find a vintage copy of the No Code CD w/ the Polaroid inserts at the legendary Reckless Records! :triumph:
    Are those valuable? I’m sure I have my promo copy in a box somewhere. I was managing a music store and one of the label reps gave it to me. 
    No idea. I just always wanted to have a copy of the CD with the small Polaroids, as opposed to the big ones that come with the vinyl :smile:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Didn’t all the original No Code cd’s come with the Polaroids?
    Yes, but my first copy was w/o the Polaroids. So, it's a big deal to me to find an original CD.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,125
    Pap said:
    Yes, but my first copy was w/o the Polaroids. So, it's a big deal to me to find an original CD.
    I thought so, but wasn’t sure. That’s awesome! Congrats! 
  • Options
    How messy was the divorce?

LOL! Seriously! We laugh about it now and it makes a great story. At the time I was pretty bummed out. She may have been even more upset.
  • Options
    Pap said:
    I thought so, but wasn’t sure. That’s awesome! Congrats! 
    Thanks! :smile:
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,892
    I love the 98 posters. I have the show I went to but if I were rich, and I'm not, I would buy a collection and have them framed in the ultimate music room. 
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."