Options

Michael Moore proving once again...

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    With no opposing point of view, there can be no discussion. As such, perhaps more respect could be given to one's opponent for affording them the opportunity to exercise their brain.

As much as some tactics could be a little better, I'm shocked at the digression of last three (or four) pages of this thread.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    rr165892 wrote: »
    For the record Canada would mop up the Cubans.Those dudes can't skate.The are selfish with the puck,back check for shit,and don't understand dump and chase.also the goalies sweater smells like strong coffee and cigar smoke...............................

:))
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    brianlux wrote: »
    Here's the quote again:

I'd say that I spent 21 and a half years in the military, and that there's many men and women serving right now serving on the tip of the spear to allow him [Moore] to say that.

In saying that, Couglan is basically say our troops are fighting for our freedom. This is simply not true. I haven't read Couglan's book so, no, I'm not arguing about his perspective. I'm arguing against the notion that post-WWII we have fought various wars as a way to protect our freedom. I am arguing that that post-WWII we have not once fought to protect our freedom. We may have fought for other reasons (justifiable or not), but our freedom has never been in jeopardy from the outside.

This is the way I take it. That soldiers defend what they do by taking the propaganda talk of our gov't as a way to justify being on other lands and simply, defending their stance that what they do (kill) is justified and that "...we're fighting for you, man, we're fighting for you!"

That mentality. Like we owe them something because they voluntarily join the military.

That's how I see it too, bsL.

And worse, not all these young guys really know what they are getting into until it is too late and they come back with missing body parts and permanently screwed psyches.

All these young guys? Getting into what Brian? I must say though it would be nice to own a used book store without a care in the world other than having to deal with rude customers.

Oh for God's sake, PJFan, Christ, what a stupid fucking thing to say. What the fuck do you know about me that way? Fuck off man.

So is this the angry Blux or the riddled lux speaking?

Read my PM. You and I need to put each other on "ignore" before we both get permabanned. I'm done here.

Sorry, everyone else. Carry on.

What I am trying to say is that we should not ignore global warming and that as a sustainment to our belief we should limit population growth, recycle and whatever.

So that's what this enmity is about? You think brian is insufficiently concerned about global warming, population growth and "whatever"? Feel free to put your own thoughts and solutions out there for debate rather than needling away at one person for how they express theirs.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    wow. shit is getting personal in here.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    lolobugg wrote: »

I will say it then, as off topic as it is.

PJFan is trolling brian and making this personal. No need for that on these boards.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mikepegg44 wrote: »
    Brian, you do not feel we were fighting for our freedoms when we went into Afghanistan?

no we were not "fighting for our freedoms" in afghanistan.

contrary to what the neocons will tell you, our freedoms were never, ever under attack.

to be quite honest, we gave away our freedoms when we allowed congress to pass and reimplement the patriot act.

no foreign invader can take my freedom. or yours for that matter. but my own government can.

and them hating us for our freedom was not the reason we were attacked on 9/11.

That is the sad truth Gimme...our "freedoms" are under attack from the people and the government of our own country every day much more so than any islamic fundamentalist group could ever do...The moral majority, the pc police...People need a foreign enemy and unfortunately they fail to see that the real war on our freedoms is being fought by two parties. Democrats and Republicans in the federal government don't give a shit about your freedoms, they only care about their own freedom to do whatever it is they want and fuck the rest...both parties should be renamed to one big party...the pick and choose party

You both nail it here.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    lolobugg wrote: »

Morning! I think it was too, but D-Lux took the high road.

Once again, I curse Michael Moore for this :D
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited January 2015
    Why anyone would try to attack brian personally baffles me. The guys as genuine as it gets.

Edit-now Scott, he's fair game.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Dignin nailed it, trolling. We've got a few of em here.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Like fired up Lux.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    badbrains wrote: »
    Say the word asshole and look who pops his head in. =))

What's up BB?
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Come on RR, you're not an asshole. You're just confused haha =)) how goes in Florida man?
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    I have been one before and I'm def confused about many of things.

Fl is Fl ya know.Just living the dream my friend.Listening all day to all my northern clients brag that they are not up north this week.Hope ur still in Cali?

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,775
    Closed for review.
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.