Options

Lost Dogs Colored vinyl on eBay

PapaljuicePapaljuice Jacksonville Posts: 502
I have a saved search for Lost Dogs on vinyl through eBay. One came up today with color vinyl.

It looks as if they now have made a bootleg on colored vinyl just like they did for Yield and Avacodo.

FYI....this is not me selling the vinyl.
Pearl Jam - ST. PETERSBURG, FL 3-29-94 / WEST PALM BEACH, FL 9-22-98 / TAMPA, FL 8-12-00 / CHARLOTTE, NC 10/30/13 / ST. LOUIS, MO 10-03-2014 / TAMPA, FL 4-11-16 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 4-13-16
Eddie Vedder - JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/24/12 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/25/12 / ORLANDO, FL 11-28-12

Comments

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Oh my, my... I wonder when the first Benny shows up.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    saw that as well, there is one listing for Lost Dogs in coloured vinyl
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Oh, and there was an orange Binaural bootleg as well. The price is a little steep for an illegal bootleg.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Crazy, that someone will buy this bootleg, and they would prolly get better sound from the CD.
  • Options
    Every album between No Code and Avocado has a bootleg out there and everyone who is buying them is just fueling the fire. It's Rubbish. People should refuse to buy them and wait for the band to re-release them. They will eventually. It just sucks that everyone is giving money to a bunch of criminals for these and it will only grow their production.
    Settings > Signature Settings > Hide Signatures Always
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I've even heard that some of these bootlegs are popping up in record stores...
    I really don't understand why someone would purchase one knowing they're illegal!
    I'm a vinyl fan...but would never contribute to this kind of activity.
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    Some people like playing vinyl and can't afford to pay 400 bucks for them. I don't see the problem. It would be another story if PJ was still selling them or had represses available.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

Some people like playing vinyl and can't afford to pay 400 bucks for them. I don't see the problem. It would be another story if PJ was still selling them or had represses available.

I would agree, but these boots were going for big coin when I last checked
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,201
    derbydave said:

I've even heard that some of these bootlegs are popping up in record stores...
    I really don't understand why someone would purchase one knowing they're illegal!
    I'm a vinyl fan...but would never contribute to this kind of activity.

I've never had a problem buying bootlegs. At least not bootlegs of stuff you can't buy in a store. If the copyright holder isn't bothering to make it, I could care less. People are buying them because the band hasn't bothered to release them. Vinyl has exploded in popularity the last few years and they haven't released 'em. This creates a market for bootlegs. Once and a while I see a bootleg copy of Tools Aenima for $50 bux in my local record store, and I'm always tempted to buy it because Tool won't put a copy out there for me to buy.
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,367
    Hey guys, wanted to get your thoughts on this. eBay clearly has a 'Replicas, counterfeit items, and unauthorized copies policy'. If someone is violating this (e.g., anyone selling counterfeit copies of pearl jam LP's), why not just report them? Anyone have any luck doing this?

Hate trying to be the "internet police" here, but why aren't people reporting fakes to get them pulled, and protect unknowing buyers?
  • Options
    scott nowlandscott nowland Australia Posts: 247
    I always wish I could say something to the buyer when I see thesebootlegs go for any more than $30
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,049
    adusick said:

Hey guys, wanted to get your thoughts on this. eBay clearly has a 'Replicas, counterfeit items, and unauthorized copies policy'. If someone is violating this (e.g., anyone selling counterfeit copies of pearl jam LP's), why not just report them? Anyone have any luck doing this?

Hate trying to be the "internet police" here, but why aren't people reporting fakes to get them pulled, and protect unknowing buyers?

ebay could care less if they are fake or not. Reporting it goes unheard since it would lower their revenue. Same thing goes with fake guitar picks...we report them and the same sellers keep selling the same fake picks
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,901
    Just saw the eBay listing.

US $299.00. RED OR GREEN WAX (You choose!)
    ULTRALIMITED EDITION !!

Seriously? It's a fucking pirated bootleg vinyl. Manufactured, sold & released from Europe where usually all these pirated unofficial vinyl pressed copies are coming from. http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl-factory-news/europes-biggest-counterfeit-record-pressing-plant-raided-by-police-in-germany/

What Dave said above. We'll contact eBay office. We'll contact 10club office. They still can't do anything about all those illegal merchandises being sold on eBay, because eBay & PayPal is a business & they need your money from the sales & fee charges. They could care less if the product is unofficial, pirated or illegal.
  • Options

adusick said:

ebay could care less if they are fake or not. Reporting it goes unheard since it would lower their revenue. Same thing goes with fake guitar picks...we report them and the same sellers keep selling the same fake picks
    sadly, it's true
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options

I always wish I could say something to the buyer when I see thesebootlegs go for any more than $30

THIS!^

No one should pay over $30 for these, ever. Maybe someone can put up a fake ebay listing describing about how they are fake? Hmmmm?

I wonder if the uninformed or the gotta have everything group are purchasing? I know I gotta have everything but not one of those boots...
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I have no problem with this. PJ should have their catalog available like every other major band. As far as sound quality its not like their official pressings are great to begin with. Only a few are done correctly.
  • Options

I would agree, but these boots were going for big coin when I last checked
    Big coin to eBay fools only...they're all cheap on Discogs, shipping to the States is the worst part
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,855
    you get to choose the color at least lol
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548

I have no problem with this. PJ should have their catalog available like every other major band. As far as sound quality its not like their official pressings are great to begin with. Only a few are done correctly.

Curious, which were the ones that were done correctly? Wondering which originals are worth going after. It's killing me waiting for the reissues.
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    Am I the only one that wishes there was a warehouse next to 10club's warehouse that was a vinyl pressing plant bought by 10club / Monkey Wrench Records where they could press all their album releases, singles, and many MANY live shows pressed on sweet vinyl? And next door there would be a abandon warehouse where the band, any band from around the world, could play? Something like Third Man Records offers ...

Make it happen already!!! O:-)
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,531
    demetrios said:

ULTRALIMITED EDITION !!

Seriously? It's a fucking pirated bootleg vinyl. Manufactured, sold & released from Europe where usually all these pirated unofficial vinyl pressed copies are coming from. http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl-factory-news/europes-biggest-counterfeit-record-pressing-plant-raided-by-police-in-germany/

What Dave said above. We'll contact eBay office. We'll contact 10club office. They still can't do anything about all those illegal merchandises being sold on eBay, because eBay & PayPal is a business & they need your money from the sales & fee charges. They could care less if the product is unofficial, pirated or illegal.

I'm confused: every time an unofficial/bootleg item appears elsewhere online you're quick to purchase it and share the details of said item here. Why are you comfortable purchasing unofficial/bootleg items elsewhere if you have an issue with similar unofficial/bootleg in general?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    If they would just re-issue this stuff like a lot of other bands this problem would be solved. The re-issues of Vs. and Vitalogy sound great.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,233
    Ebay is a complete joke. They do whatever benefits them. There is no protection of any kind its all a rip off. Now theyve even added the global shipping program to rip you off even more.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:

demetrios said:

ULTRALIMITED EDITION !!

I'm confused: every time an unofficial/bootleg item appears elsewhere online you're quick to purchase it and share the details of said item here. Why are you comfortable purchasing unofficial/bootleg items elsewhere if you have an issue with similar unofficial/bootleg in general?
    Quick to buy? I'm purchasing unofficial pirated Pearl Jam bootlegs? And posting about all these vinyl bootlegs coming from Europe? Dude, I think you have the wrong guy. :/
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    demetrios said:

ULTRALIMITED EDITION !!

D man, you just dropped the F bomb. :-O
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited November 2014

demetrios said:

ULTRALIMITED EDITION !!

D'oh! image

It just sucks eBay are continuing to let these sellers sell their pirated illegal Pearl Jam goodies. For many year's we used to contact 10club about pirated / unofficial CD & DVD's that would sell on eBay. They were taken care of, well, most of them. Now there is so much that nothing can be done. It's like the bands & companies don't have a say on their item that's being sold on eBay. If it's pirated or not.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    demetrios said:

demetrios said:

ULTRALIMITED EDITION !!

D'oh! image

It just sucks eBay are continuing to let these sellers sell their pirated illegal Pearl Jam goodies. For many year's we used to contact 10club about pirated / unofficial CD & DVD's that would sell on eBay. They were taken care of, well, most of them. Now there is so much that nothing can be done. It's like the bands & companies don't have a say on their item that's being sold on eBay. If it's pirated or not.
    Which is strange because, god forbid you use more than 10 seconds of a song in a Youtube video, it'll be taken down in a matter of days!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,201
    edited November 2014
    demetrios said:

What happens if the bootleg is being sold from a country where it's not illegal? Thus the seller isn't committing any crimes in the country they live in? Copyright laws in North America are pretty harsh and it would be near impossible to make/sell bootlegs here, but our way of law doesn't extend everywhere. Does ebay have an obligation (outside of a possible moral one) to pull down listings originating from countries where the goods aren't illegal.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,233
    Zod said:

demetrios said:

What happens if the bootleg is being sold from a country where it's not illegal? Thus the seller isn't committing any crimes in the country they live in? Copyright laws in North America are pretty harsh and it would be near impossible to make/sell bootlegs here, but our way of law doesn't extend everywhere? Thus does ebay have an obligation (outside of possiblly a moral one) to pull down listings originating from countries where the goods aren't illegal.
    That's it exactly. Copyright laws are different in Europe that's why they can sell them in stores.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13