Options

Mike McCready's Music For Film. Vinyl Films Records 10" Clear Box Set.

Comments

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,530
    AndySlash said:

MedozK said:

I spoke to a woman at acousticsounds and they said that they had 200 pre orders or more right now and they were not sure how many would be filled.

I would bet anywhere between zero and none, but who knows.
    so you're telling me there's a chance?...
    Lmao!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,965
    Posted on vinylcollective yesterday..."ThinkIndie received these yesterday (5/4). We haven't finished counting them in or assessing the damages, we're having to go through and put barcode stickers on each and every one individually. We have actually received closer to 3,000 orders for this......I wouldn't hold your breath at all for an online order, I would assume these will remain in stores and probably be snatched up almost immediately. They do look pretty nice though. Should finish counting, assessing damages, and barcoding them all tomorrow which gives our sales guy a set number to distribute/allocate and then start shipping them out to stores Thursday or Friday. It's going to be me flying solo on Friday, so we won't be rolling full steam. Hope everybody gets one though, they're rad."
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152

Posted on vinylcollective yesterday..."ThinkIndie received these yesterday (5/4). We haven't finished counting them in or assessing the damages, we're having to go through and put barcode stickers on each and every one individually. We have actually received closer to 3,000 orders for this......I wouldn't hold your breath at all for an online order, I would assume these will remain in stores and probably be snatched up almost immediately. They do look pretty nice though. Should finish counting, assessing damages, and barcoding them all tomorrow which gives our sales guy a set number to distribute/allocate and then start shipping them out to stores Thursday or Friday. It's going to be me flying solo on Friday, so we won't be rolling full steam. Hope everybody gets one though, they're rad."

Makes me confused yet again.... Release date has been the 19th for some time now but that quote seems like they'll be selling them early? And some other dudes got some on rsd? Annoying and confusing, wtf?!?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,332

Makes me confused yet again.... Release date has been the 19th for some time now but that quote seems like they'll be selling them early? And some other dudes got some on rsd? Annoying and confusing, wtf?!?
    When you think about it we grew up when CD/DVD's were released on Tuesday's. It doesn't mean the store got them that day, it means the labels told them they couldn't sell them until that day.

This probably means that thinkindie or vinylfilms isn't that anal and doesn't mind if stores sell them as they receive them?
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Zod said:

When you think about it we grew up when CD/DVD's were released on Tuesday's. It doesn't mean the store got them that day, it means the labels told them they couldn't sell them until that day.

This probably means that thinkindie or vinylfilms isn't that anal and doesn't mind if stores sell them as they receive them?
    Sure makes it tough as balls to get something that's tough as balls to get already!!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,122
    edited May 2015
    This box set has been a collectors worst nightmare for fan's who live outside the USA. :(
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,735
    demetrios said:

This box set has been a collectors worst nightmare for fan's who live outside the USA. :(

And fans in the USA as well...sure we had the opportunity to order it (and maybe find one in a local shop), but it looks like these are going to be near impossible to get without hitting the secondary market.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options

demetrios said:

And fans in the USA as well...sure we had the opportunity to order it (and maybe find one in a local shop), but it looks like these are going to be near impossible to get without hitting the secondary market.
    Guess we'll just have to start putting more money on the side for this box set purchase and wait till these hit eBay. D'oh!!!
  • Options
    Or wait til that ebay listing for the Mike clear record gets dropped in price a little more!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946

Or wait til that ebay listing for the Mike clear record gets dropped in price a little more!

I was just about to predict the same thing. It's odd there are still so many of those clears that haven't sold. Wonder why? Do people think they're boots? Too expensive? Holding out for a box set? Blissful ignorance?
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,965

I was just about to predict the same thing. It's odd there are still so many of those clears that haven't sold. Wonder why? Do people think they're boots? Too expensive? Holding out for a box set? Blissful ignorance?
    All of the above?
  • Options
    FWIW, I don't believe it to be a boot.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Its hard for me to believe that one ebay seller has so many of just the clear MM. I guess when these pre-orders actually come through... then I will believe.
  • Options
    I believe.
  • Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423

I believe.

Did you buy one off ebay?
  • Options
    Nope. But it came from the same source.
  • Options

Called my store. Apparently he said there's only 300 that will be distributed in the US. The other 200 are going as special gifts to artists, friends, family, or as prizes for contests or something. I don't know if I believe him but he took me down for 1. If they get 4 he said I wouldn't be saved one. If they get ten I get lucky.

Your record store rep was close on those numbers a while back. Only 350 will be distributed by Think Indie in the USA. I guess all our pre orders online mean nothing. There won't any soup for a lot of us. :(

• Options

I believe.

Well then, I guess these won't be as hard to find as everyone thinks then.
  • Options

I believe.

Ah yeah!!!!!!! :)
  • Options
    MedozK said:

I believe.

Hard to say really. Were these extras that weren't needed for the boxes and then sold off to a reseller? We know there are at least 500 of them going in the ltd edition boxes. No way to tell at this point if the 30 (+/-) this seller has are the only others that'll be obtainable outside of getting the elusive box, or if there really are more and these are just the tip of the iceberg. If it's the tip you bet your ass that price will drop dramatically. As you know being a collector buying something supposedly rare is a gamble - am I gonna overpay? Or is this release really that limited?

I've bought stuff for $200 that has dropped for $50, and vice versa (mostly vice versa, thank God). The price I paid for my copy of this was easily doable for me and I'm banking on this NOT being available outside of the ltd edition box or after this sellers current stock runs out. Quite honestly I'm completely surprised they still have any left.
  • Options

MedozK said:

I believe.

Hard to say really. Were these extras that weren't needed for the boxes and then sold off to a reseller? We know there are at least 500 of them going in the ltd edition boxes. No way to tell at this point if the 30 (+/-) this seller has are the only others that'll be obtainable outside of getting the elusive box, or if there really are more and these are just the tip of the iceberg. If it's the tip you bet your ass that price will drop dramatically. As you know being a collector buying something supposedly rare is a gamble - am I gonna overpay? Or is this release really that limited?

I've bought stuff for $200 that has dropped for $50, and vice versa (mostly vice versa, thank God). The price I paid for my copy of this was easily doable for me and I'm banking on this NOT being available outside of the ltd edition box or after this sellers current stock runs out. Quite honestly I'm completely surprised they still have any left.
    lol.. well after all that, I went ahead and bought one from the guy on ebay. Guess we will find out. :smile:
  • Options
    MedozK said:

lol.. well after all that, I went ahead and bought one from the guy on ebay. Guess we will find out. :smile:

LOl! For the record, I have ZERO connection to that store so I hope no one thinks I'm trying to drive anyone to their listing.
  • Options

MedozK said:

LOl! For the record, I have ZERO connection to that store so I hope no one thinks I'm trying to drive anyone to their listing.
    Just hope he comes through.... if not you may have to privately divulge your insider link to one.. :lol:
  • Options
    kenkkenk Posts: 210
    I know this was said before but there has only been 1 confirmed box sold so far and it has been confirmed that this was a promo someone bought at a shop (that the shop shouldn't have sold). so these are not out at stores yet as Think Indie is getting them shipped as we speak.

i would also be pretty shocked if many of these exist outside of the box and this particular ebay seller who got ahold of the overruns. Honestly, that seller made the mistake of listing them all at once. if he put up one at a time i bet he would have sold them all by now. But as we all know he has 20+ we all assume he'll drop the price as we can watch the stock. But i imagine they will sell easily after the box gets released and people realize how impossible it is to find. I'd guess bullmoose will get a few to fulfill some online orders as they are a regular record store chain and outside of that it'll be 1 or 2 copies at random small shops around the country.
  • Options

A little bit about NPS, the seller of these:

"National Product Sales, Inc. has been serving customers in the Salt Lake City vicinity since 1968. Our business started with a simple concept of assisting other businesses with overstock, refused, lost, and damaged merchandise. We understand that surplus inventory happens which can cause warehouse congestion and stagnate the cash flow of these businesses."

The rest:

npsstore.com/about

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,257

A little bit about NPS, the seller of these:

"National Product Sales, Inc. has been serving customers in the Salt Lake City vicinity since 1968. Our business started with a simple concept of assisting other businesses with overstock, refused, lost, and damaged merchandise. We understand that surplus inventory happens which can cause warehouse congestion and stagnate the cash flow of these businesses."

The rest:

npsstore.com/about

And the bastards won't ship to Canada lol
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    courtmcccourtmcc South Jersey Posts: 1,143
    I talked to the people who run the Vinyl Film Records page that there are 500 box sets and that they will be released on May 5th. Some go to friends and family and the rest go to indie record stores. None will be sold online unless they get listed on eBay from someone who bought one. I haven't heard anything else.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,739
    love the comment that there were 3000 orders for the box yet they still hope everyone can get one.....
  • Options
    kenkkenk Posts: 210
    courtmcc said:

None will be sold online unless they get listed on eBay from someone who bought one.

This is why i think Bullmoose and Luna will be the only places that fulfill any online orders. They are regular stores with decent online presence. And they both have good if not perfect track records with VF releases (particularly Mark Kozelek) releases. I'd guess Luna will come through for everyone. They have a direct connection to Koz and only sold them online for a very brief time. Not saying that Bullmoose will come through for everyone but I'd be very surprised if they don't get a few orders processed.
  • Options
    rock4everrock4ever Posts: 237
    I have attempted to get one through HMV Japan ( £71 - delivered ) didnt say sold out but who knows , ill keep um crossed