Options

Mike McCready's Music For Film. Vinyl Films Records 10" Clear Box Set.

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    solid info guys :)
  • Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    kenkkenk Posts: 210
    edited March 2015
    Considering the clear won't be for sale outside of the box that is odd. Someone probably looted some at the warehouse. But the fact that people will bid more than double what the cost of the entire 6 ep boxset will cost is hilarious.

edit: The label is looking into how the ebay seller got those. I would think they wouldn't appreciate items being sold months before they are even released.
    Post edited by kenk on
  • Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    When will it be available for a normal price? Waiting takes so long ;).
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,606
    Duncs said:
    I'm not sure. The seller could be selling them without actually having them in hand, which is against ebay policy. I don't know. It could be a disgruntled Music Film employee who is going to make some extra dough.

The boxset is not available at retail at this time.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,606

When will it be available for a normal price? Waiting takes so long ;).

May
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,948

Same company has more. 27 more.
  • Options
    DW139059DW139059 Posts: 353
    demetrios said:

Same company has more. 27 more.

Are they also selling 27 Low, Mono, eluvium and Sun Kil Moon records?
    Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    All these pre-orders will be probably be refunded. These guys order everything that appears on their distributor's list, not knowing these will probably only be sold through brick-and-morter record stores, just like the black vinyl version.

I pre-ordered a black version on ebay from a seller, and was later refunded when their distributor didn't come through...its a lot like Amazon pre-orders that don't end up happening.
  • Options
    No, I think this guy actually has them in hand. They appear to be some sort of warehouse selling thousands of random items, but only a 3 different records (one of the other being the Baker Theater Vinyl). Unless these are the black version as the packaging between the black and clear are identical. Those pics in the auction appear to be his (not stock) and the item looks like it ships immediately. Plus this record would never show up in a distributor's list as it is not going to be for sale anywhere outside the boxset. Dude grabbed an extra box and is going to make some cash. But putting 27 up for sale at once is dumb unless he drops the price to something closer to retail.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I had two different sellers refund me on the black Music for Film 10" - still looking for it if anyone has one to trade/sell.

But moral of the story is that many sellers will try to take advantage of customers through preorders and then cancel most when they only get 5 of the 25 they ordered. It happens every time with these releases.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    **Stock Image** The picture below is a stock photo. The packaging for the item you will receive may vary slightly but the item is the same model and in the same condition as described.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

**Stock Image** The picture below is a stock photo. The packaging for the item you will receive may vary slightly but the item is the same model and in the same condition as described.

Well maybe "stock" as far as they are selling 29 of them total and only have 1 picture up. The the image is marked with their company logo so i assumed its an image they took.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

There's no way this guy has 29 copies of this. I highly doubt they've even been boxed up at this point.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    edited March 2015
    The label posted pictures of boxes of all 6 shrink wrapped 10"s for this set last week. They also posted on FB that they were also going to check into where this company got these from.
  • Options
    the ones on amazon were delivered ok, so I expect the ones on ebay are very likely in that guys hands.....
  • Options
    the question remains, are they part of the 500 run or extras? and as such unnumbered?
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

the ones on amazon were delivered ok, so I expect the ones on ebay are very likely in that guys hands.....

Yep, seller sold one clear vinyl on Amazon. Received an email back from them that they would be selling more on Amazon soon.

The box sets are not numbered 1/500, 2/500 etc.. They are just numbered 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.. Maybe 200-300 boxes sold and the remaining individual clear 10" singles sold separately?

http://www.npsstore.com/home .. Think Indie probably sent their box of 10" clear singles to the NPS Store early not informing them to wait to put them on sale publicly early May or something.

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Not really interested in the boxset anymore

Limited items are never truly limited... sort of like when the 10c busted out non numbered Bennys for their pop up shop
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,066
    my2hands said:

Not really interested in the boxset anymore

Limited items are never truly limited... sort of like when the 10c busted out non numbered Bennys for their pop up shop

Usually 10%overage so there are 2200 Benny's. :-)
    Still don't see that many pop ups. They sold 65 there.
  • Options
    im very keen to acquire the box if anyone has any info on stockists around them? being in the uk makes this one real tough without help
  • Options
    More info ..

USA only. Contact any of these record stores who deal with Think Indie

http://thinkindie.com/store-finder/

Street date 5/5/15.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    demetrios said:

More info ..

Street date 5/5/15.

Great info... Now that I know my local shop deals with thinkindie maybe I am interested again lol

Since it is USA only want me to ask for 2 D? If I can get an extra I would gladly ship it up north
  • Options
    my2hands said:

demetrios said:

More info ..

Street date 5/5/15.

Great info... Now that I know my local shop deals with thinkindie maybe I am interested again lol

Since it is USA only want me to ask for 2 D? If I can get an extra I would gladly ship it up north
    If you are able to pick pick an extra that would be sweet. Thank you!! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    demetrios said:

my2hands said:

demetrios said:

More info ..

Street date 5/5/15.

If you are able to pick pick an extra that would be sweet. Thank you!! :)
    I will try, sounds like it could be difficult... but it can't hurt to ask.. I plan on going there tmw so I will check in afterwards
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    jaykay20jaykay20 Mannheim, Germany Posts: 379
    I asked a lot of record stores here in Germany if they know something about this release but they don't. Now I know why^^ If anyone could try to grab an extra box for me, that would be fantastic! Let me know, please :)
  • Options
    demetrios said:

More info ..

Street date 5/5/15.

cheers D
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    i called 4 stores here in CT. we'll see what happens. no 411 yet, one of the 4 knew about it. maybe i'll get lucky!
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22